Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

COREPLAY Staff

Self-Ejected

HobGoblin42

Self-Ejected
Patron
Developer
Codex 2013 Codex USB, 2014
Following thugsmembers of the Chaos Chronicles development mobteam will roam the Codex from time to time:

Lead Programming/Evil mastermind: HobGoblin42

Combat and Logic Programming: Ferdator

AI/Pathfinding/Animation Programming: Doctor Funfrock

Lead Level Designer: Jaybiooh

Game Design/Writing: Flow(TheMetal) and kejan

and last but not least

Troll Tamer (Community Management)/Additional Game Writing: JarlFrank

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
This is a fearsome circlejerk that is happening....in before the ubiquitous "needs time for polishing" and "it's coming out next wednesday" memes...

Seriously, it looks a lot better than AoD at any rate. Hope it won't be vaporware.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
first brother none gets picked up by inxile and now jarl frank gets picked up by coreplay.
rpg codex = the no1 rpg development recruitment forum.

kaizoku

Arcane
:lol:

I hope his writing is better than his drawing skills.
(tip: don't let him get near the artists)

I wonder if he will taint the game with some obscure codex references or feet fetishes :troll:

Anyway, congrats JarlFrank. :bro:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I might write a character who's basically myself, if HobGoblin lets me. Other than that, I'll keep my writing true to the setting and not fool around.
Codex references can fit the setting if done subtly, so...

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I made the forum banner sitting among the top-right ads linking to the forums. Since I've contributed to Official Chaos Chronicles stuff - substantially more than Jarl Frank has at this point-, I consider myself part of the team. If Frank is a writer I'm practically a Game Designer at this point. I expect a monthly payment: $100 worth of Oreos or any German equivalent of Oreos shipped to Sweden from now on.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Would Prinzen Rolle be fine, Zed?

552817_427225713961301_1669408443_n.jpg

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Prinzen Rolle would be fine.

SirChet

Novice
Well, if they were shooting at trying to appear as unprofessional as possible, putting the forum here was an excellent choice.

All these posts and not even a few words on the actual game and how it's coming along.

Maerimydra

Literate
Well, if they were shooting at trying to appear as unprofessional as possible, putting the forum here was an excellent choice.

All these posts and not even a few words on the actual game and how it's coming along.

You need to go in the General Game Discussion, the Open Game Content 3.5 or the Technical Support subforums for info about the game. There's also an official website with lots of updates and screenshots: http://www.chaos-chronicles.com/

Self-Ejected

HobGoblin42

Self-Ejected
Patron
Developer
Codex 2013 Codex USB, 2014

As you already mentioned, regarding public relation, community and marketing we are indeed highly unprofessional (we are indie RPG devs, what do you expect?).
But the experience of the past told us not to publish information about (unfinished) game elements out of context, because at the end we will spend more time defending our decisions than developing the game (see multi-classing, spell selection on level up, etc.). Beside that, we also noticed that discussing game elements beforehand seems to create more negative than positive effects here - some people at the codex become totally upset if we don't implement some minor features EXACTLY as they want. On the other hand, the discussion about loot and coinage helped us a lot. So, working with the codex always seems to be very ambivalent :M

But most important: right now we don't have time for anything beside finishing the game.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
JarlFrank going all BrotherNone on us!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom