Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy abusing his mod powers in shoutbox which he shouldn't have per the agreement made.

demod crispy?

• yes

Votes: 35 39.3%
  • make latro shoutbox moderator

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • no

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • :kingcomrade:

Votes: 20 22.5%

• Total voters

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
He deletes shouts and bans people. This is in direct violation of the agreement made between asfasdf and the staff. He was using his ill-gotten mod powers to harass Watser earlier today. It was painful to watch and many of us are still suffering. He also demands that everyone in the box capitulate to the mini-box instead of the actual shoutbox.

He is a menace and must be stopped.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Jenkem's ass:

explosion-explode.gif

Werdnicus

Learned
Watser Watser: Come at me nigger
Watser Chat Bot: Watser has been banned by Crispy until Jun 26, 2022 at 9:16 PM for the following reason: I warned you multiple times. Next time might be permanent.

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Point me to the rules stating I did anything wrong

Okay.

These users eventually make the mistake of pissing off one of the Moderators with their Shitposting, which leads to said Moderator advising the Administrators, which usually leads to a ban and nuking of all their posts. As a simple rule, if you've gained this much attention and we make a judgement that the Codex would not lose anything by banning you, we will probably ban you. You should note that there are some Moderators who are more than happy to bring these users to the attention of the Administrators on a regular basis and not banning half the forum is an ongoing struggle.

But everything has limits. For the most part, you should expect the moderators to follow and enforce these rules but while I will happily argue with you about it until page 57 and beyond, if you are having trouble grasping who's in control here - or you think you have some legal right of appeal; that you can "rule-nazi" your way out of a hole - think again.

2. Moderators: Each of the forums also has a number of moderators who are responsible for ensuring the place doesn't go full retard. Their job is to ensure the rules are followed and generally annoy you as part of the Codex experience. A link to the Moderators of each forum can be found in that forum's description. If you have an issue in a particular forum, your reports will go to them - and you should harass them about it before coming here.

Each moderator has their own nuances and quibbles (both with particular issues and with certain users). However, within their forums they are Gods Angels of Death and Mercy. Fear them appropriately.

I could go on, but I think you get the point.

Watser

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
You refer to the rules of pissing off a moderator. You are no moderator. I did nothing wrong.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Crispy was advised of the rules.

To be fair, it does replace the old shoutbox - which technically should mean old rules carry over.
Whatever you decide is fair.
I have made a decision.

Crispy, you will be responsible for setting Notices (MOTD), and creating new rooms as users (reasonably) request. You will also be responsible for moderating all chat rooms EXCEPT Shoutbox 2.0, which will be a den of shit in which all shit shall be contained.

I'm not actually sure if you can ban people from some rooms but not others but I'm assuming you can. You can figure that one out.

Am I to believe this incident occurred in Shoutbox 2.0 room and not because of an incident in one the others?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom