Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy abusing his mod powers in shoutbox which he shouldn't have per the agreement made.

demod crispy?

• yes

Votes: 35 39.3%
  • make latro shoutbox moderator

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • no

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • :kingcomrade:

Votes: 20 22.5%

• Total voters

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Edit: and done, they now have a max width height of 21 pixels when in the sidebar.
Maybe 50-70px would be more appropriate.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Lol let Watser back into the rpg box you retards, he is one of the few people on this site who plays rpgs daily.
The good stuff even, mostly retro blobbers like Might & Magic or Gold Box.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think an acceptable compromise here is that Crispy does get to moderate main Shoutbox, but can only ban users for hours, not days.

Generally I oppose permanent bans except in the most extreme of cases.

Asf gave $1000 to strip Crispy of that right, of which Crispy received $500.

No welching on deals made. A man honours the spirit of a deal not the letter.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm never going to moderate main Shoutbox again, you're never going to post in the RPG section of Shoutbox again.

Sounds fair to me.

Considering there is usually only ever a couple of people talking outside the main shoutbox, I don't think Watser is missing much.

it's mebs' hugbox when people talk about scary things like current events

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I'm never going to moderate main Shoutbox again, you're never going to post in the RPG section of Shoutbox again.

Sounds fair to me.

Considering there is usually only ever a couple of people talking outside the main shoutbox, I don't think Watser is missing much.

it's mebs' hugbox when people talk about scary things like current events
A typical shittest ("Will they acquiesce to my demands?") that the Codex of course immediately failed.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
There are worse things happening in the Box than gif spam.
yeah, unemployed people
Criminalization of unemployment WHEN? Us honest working folk can never catch up to the gaming skill level of NEETs ;____;
Imagine working jfc you people disgust me
I can't be unemployed in Bulgaria bro there's not enough money its Russia's fault, its Turkey's fault, ITS NOT MY FAULT I HAVE TO WORK REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Watser

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
He got a justified permanent ban for spamming RPG Discussion and then a temp ban in Shoutbox 2.0 which I suppose should now be rescinded. :M
How the hell did I spam RPG Discussion box? I wrote 5 messages before Crispy hunted me down and banned me from there as well because he did not like I was trying to circumvent his retarded decision.
Read from the bottom up.
Of these the following messages were from RPG discussion box after Crispy banned me from Shoutbox 2.0:
  • Watser:
    Nigger
    Today at 5:52 AM
  • Watser:
    Here every shoutboxer shall be free
  • Watser:
    Far away from the fascist oppressors of the mainbox
    Today at 5:51 AM
  • Watser:
    Rabbity, spread the word that we have discovered a new and better box
  • Chat Bot: Watser
    plants flag
    Today at 5:49 AM
  • Watser:
    This is now WATSERBOX
  • Watser:
    Crispy is such a nigger
A grand total of six messages where one (the last at 5:52 AM DU time) was in response to Crispy and one /me command. Wow much spam.
The previous ones werent even from the same day.
And are any of those messages "RPG Discussion" messages?
If you mean whether they were posted in the RPG Discussion box? Indeed they were. Are they RPG Discussion related? No, but as Tacgnol pointed out this is merely offtopic at worst and hardly spam.

Unless you insist anything not strictly :grpg: related is permaban worthy then I expect you to enforce this with an iron hand and permaban anyone deviating from the discussion of RPGs.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The reasonable solution to this issue is removing Crispy TEMPORARILY from moderation - Until he pays $1000 to 'dex, of which $500 goes to asfasdf

Only this way such abuse of power, lack of honor, cheating asfasdf and disrespect towards Watser can be forgiven.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
And are any of those messages "RPG Discussion" messages?
If you mean whether they were posted in the RPG Discussion box? Indeed they were. Are they RPG Discussion related? No, but as Tacgnol pointed out this is merely offtopic at worst and hardly spam.

Unless you insist anything not strictly :grpg: related is permaban worthy then I expect you to enforce this with an iron hand and permaban anyone deviating from the discussion of RPGs.
I think there's a difference between slightly off topic versus your clear act of treason and attempt to over throw RPG Discussion in order to turn it into your own private empire.

Traitors generally hang for treason.

Especially after being warned for an action, repeating said action, and then whining about being banned.

Watser

Arcane
The warning is null since Crispy has no power in Shoutbox which is what this entire ordeal is about.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The warning is null since Crispy has no power in Shoutbox which is what this entire ordeal is about.

We like to continue arguing about things on the Codex long past the resolution of the issue.

That's how the best retardoland stickies are made.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
so now we just need someone to bait crispy into banning him directly on shitbox, again?

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
But Crispy does have power in the non-shoutbox. And acts of treason are punishable by death. Do you confess to your treason?

Watser

Arcane
But Crispy does have power in the non-shoutbox. And acts of treason are punishable by death. Do you confess to your treason?
:nocountryforshitposters: bro Im already permabanned from RPGBox, what more do you want? As Tacgnol, Thac0, and several others can attest I actually talk about RPGs when the opportunity presents itself in the regular shitbox.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
:nocountryforshitposters: bro Im already permabanned from RPGBox, what more do you want? As Tacgnol, Thac0, and several others can attest I actually talk about RPGs when the opportunity presents itself in the regular shitbox.
Do you confess to your treason?

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
dungeons-of-the-inquisition-scene-of-confession-by-torture-of-fire-in-the-feet-engraving-1880-P9GHE1.jpg

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Lol let Watser back into the rpg box you retards, he is one of the few people on this site who plays rpgs daily.
The good stuff even, mostly retro blobbers like Might & Magic or Gold Box.
Everyone's free to talk about RPGs in the main shoutbox. RPGD is specifically for RPG-talk.

Generally I oppose permanent bans except in the most extreme of cases.
Normally I'd agree but I'd make an exception for people who intentionally disrupt conversation in rpgbox. They're just going to keep doing it when they're unbanned and the point of its existence is to be a place where people can talk about RPGs without disruption.

Absinthe

Arcane
I'd like to point out that I was confused at Watser's very quick permaban from RPG Discussion box over extremely mild Off-Topic, with Crispy claiming a zero tolerance policy out of nowhere, and I brought this up in regular shoutbox because Crispy seemed to be acting out for whatever strange reason, and Crispy then asserted that there were a number of deleted RPG Discussion posts over which Watser had truly been banned. Apparently it was large emote spam. He also claimed that he wasn't being harsh with his permaban because he would unban Watser if Watser apologized to Crispy, and I pointed out that given Crispy's character, pretty much no one would ever want to apologize to Crispy, and Crispy agreed, following his agreement with posting a :smug: emote.

Now I realize that there's been this background to Crispy banning Watser, and the current version of events strongly suggests Crispy was significantly exaggerating the amount of posts Watser got up to in RPG Discussion box and was pretty much hunting for a ban on Watser because of personal bad blood.

So in brief, Watser wasn't really banned for acting out in RPG Discussion. Crispy was just harassing Watser with his mod powers using thin excuses because he was butthurt over not being Shoutbox mod anymore and used the ban so he could still lord authority over Watser through the RPG Discussion box. Whether or not Watser is in fact a constructive RPG Discussion box poster was totally irrelevant to the ban.

Watser

Arcane
Everyone knows this has nothing to do with what happened afterwards in GRPG box, DU is just desperately trying to bait a response.

racofer

Thread Incliner
He got a justified permanent ban for spamming RPG Discussion and then a temp ban in Shoutbox 2.0 which I suppose should now be rescinded. :M
How the hell did I spam RPG Discussion box? I wrote 5 messages before Crispy hunted me down and banned me from there as well because he did not like I was trying to circumvent his retarded decision.
Read from the bottom up.
  • Chat Bot:
    Watser has been banned by Crispy permanently for the following reason: Oh no you don't.
  • Watser:
    Nigger
  • Watser:
    Here every shoutboxer shall be free
  • Watser:
    Far away from the fascist oppressors of the mainbox
  • Watser:
    Rabbity, spread the word that we have discovered a new and better box
  • Chat Bot: Watser
    plants flag
  • Watser:
    This is now WATSERBOX
  • Watser:
    Crispy is such a nigger
  • Watser:
    Ban crispy
    Yesterday at 6:27 PM
  • Watser:
    what is "Normal" in this context
    Jun 15, 2022
  • Watser:
    Niggers
Looks like Watser abused the nigger letter repeatedly.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Everyone knows this has nothing to do with what happened afterwards in GRPG box, DU is just desperately trying to bait a response.
Watser, you have been found guilty of treason against the denizens of RPGbox. Normally the court would consider leniency in such matters however your failure to confess to your sins leaves us no choice but to punish you as a warning to others. As such, you will be banned from the entire forums for a period of one week.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom