Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Crusader Kings III

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I really want a fantasy version of Crusader Kings, it has endless possibilities with DLCs so I really dont know why Paradox didnt already announced it.
It would be too much effort, when were you born, yesterday? Paradox are lazy fucks. Besides, they know autistic modders will do that for them.

Mustawd

Is Ck1 any good? I have CK2 but haven’t played it. Worth just skipping the original?

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Yes, CK2 is better than CK1, there's just more stuff in it and there are at least some decent mods which fix what Paradox fucked up (HIP for example). Still, CK1 is a nice game in its own.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I really want a fantasy version of Crusader Kings, it has endless possibilities with DLCs so I really dont know why Paradox didnt already announced it.
It would be too much effort, when were you born, yesterday? Paradox are lazy fucks. Besides, they know autistic modders will do that for them.

Dude Paradox wants money, CK2 is a huge hit but you cant milk DLC for 7 years old game forever. You need something new and fresh and seeing the popularity of fantasy mods and endless possibilities of adding new races and events as DLC, Fantasy Kings would be a slam dunk.

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Dude Paradox wants money, CK2 is a huge hit but you cant milk DLC for 7 years old game forever. You need something new and fresh and seeing the popularity of fantasy mods and endless possibilities of adding new races and events as DLC, Fantasy Kings would be a slam dunk.
It's too much work. Paradox makes simple, lazy games and they mass produce simple, lazy DLCs (yes, with some exceptions, to give Swedes their due, some additions are good). Fantasy CK2 would be too much trouble just to make it work as a template, they have no time nor will to do that.

Monkeyfinger

Cipher

Fantasy is only really appealing to me if it has tactical combat with OP spellcasters and paradox engines don't really support that.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I'd prefer Victoria 3 personaly...... but Crusader Kings is the cash maker so they are going with it first.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath

Crusader Kings 2 GoT mod is pretty good. Well, with a caveat. You have to get used to some new mechanics.
If you want to play in Westeros, forget about traditional map painting.
Some Essos starting locations are interesting. Corsairs (don't confuse with pirates) are super fun. My Corsair King of House Muh'Dik managed to kidnap Daenerys and make her a concubine. Corsairs on dragons incoming!

Last edited:

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Depends on the bookmark, but most of them are set in an era in which you can freely paint the map inside the Iron Throne. Map gets fucked up in like 20 years, tops, nevermind the bookmark (late ones are particularly ridiculous, 'cause of all the events).

Mod is good, I mean it's a work of good, solid craftsmanship, but it just shows how shallow the setting is.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Depends on the bookmark, but most of them are set in an era in which you can freely paint the map inside the Iron Throne. Map gets fucked up in like 20 years, tops, nevermind the bookmark (late ones are particularly ridiculous, 'cause of all the events).

Mod is good, I mean it's a work of good, solid craftsmanship, but it just shows how shallow the setting is.

Yes its no half as fun nor complex as playing as Bretonian Knight, Dwari King or Imperial Noble in Warhammer mod Comrade.

Mortmal

Arcane
After rome, who is going to day one purchase that ? Would only if it already includes more content than ck2 with all its extensions, that's not going to happen.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I have Stellaris in my library because it was included in some bundle I once bought. Haven't played it once yet because I don't have any DLC for it yet, and I'll just wait until they don't make DLC for it anymore so I can buy the full package and play the complete, finished game.

Same with Imperator Rome. Not even interested in buying it before at least 5 years have passed and half a dozen DLCs were released to flesh it out.

Paradox games these days are absolutely not worth playing on release, it takes at least a couple of years of patches and DLCs to turn them into halfway finished games. First release is always a beta version at best.

Paradox releases new game = ah cool, I'll check back in 5 years maybe then it's a decent game, and if not mods have fixed it.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
And the game will not be complete until a year later with half a dozen dlcs. Never buy a paradox game at lunch :negative:

thesecret1

Arcane
Fantasy... GSG? Seeing as how half the fun is historical LARP, how would that work without actual history? Maybe if they licensed Warhammer or some other IP with autistic amounts of lore, it could come close, but history is much better suited for it.

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
Fantasy... GSG? Seeing as how half the fun is historical LARP, how would that work without actual history? Maybe if they licensed Warhammer or some other IP with autistic amounts of lore, it could come close, but history is much better suited for it.
Lol. Fantasy GSG would be awesome. Games with lore mean only 1 in 10 countries are interesting.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I doubt they'll make CK3 anytime soon, their current self-described "longline fishing" release model instead of a sequel-based model has proven extremely lucrative, so I doubt they'll change that.

As for Warhammer and such, the best way to play that is the Geheimnisnacht mod for CK2 (also why Pdox has no reason to pay for licensing that).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom