Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cuphead

DemonKing

Arcane
My 10 year old bought this game and then made me play with him. After 10 minutes I put down the controller and told him this is not my kind of game and I'm not enjoying this and he accepted it without complaint and kept going by himself.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
My 10 year old bought this game and then made me play with him. After 10 minutes I put down the controller and told him this is not my kind of game and I'm not enjoying this and he accepted it without complaint and kept going by himself.
I beat the game with my (back then) also 10 year nephew and we had a blast. We even went over it again in hard mode.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Untitled.png

Similar to games you've played: ELDEN RING

what

why

how

EDIT: oh well, I guess that's how:

Untitled.png

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
After having finished the DLC, I'd say Isle IV is the perfect conclusion to this great game. The illustrations are incredible and each boss is fun and unique in its own way. Moonshine Mob, Glumstone The Giant, Esther Winchester, and The Howling Aces are 10/10 in my book, and for the remaining bosses my only complaint is that the final phase feels a bit underwhelming compared to the previous ones and the rest of the DLC. I'd also count the King's gauntlet as another full boss, with 4 very strong parts and only a weak one (the Knight, which is kind of boring, especially when compared to the Bishop or the Rook). Also, this might be a matter of personal preference, but I really didn't miss the Run 'n Gun levels.

I'd say all the main DLC bosses are more difficult than anything else in the base game, mainly because there is so much shit to avoid on the screen at all times. You almost always have at least 3 projectiles coming at you from different directions, but strangely things usually calm down during the final phase of each boss. What's amazing to me is how they always manage to communicate very clearly what is going on and what is going to happen next, despite the very detailed art style and all the shit that covers the screen. The increased difficulty is also balanced by a stronger character: having one more HP is nice and all, but being able to double-jump is such a game-changer that I can't go back to the two old cups. Parrying with the dash also seems easier and more convenient, and being restricted to the invincible-roll while standing on the ground isn't a problem due to how easier it is to avoid things in the air with the double-jump.

I didn't play this game much after finishing it on release, but I had so much fun replaying it that I actually started hunting for achievements, and that's not something I do that often.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom