Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Cute Knight Kingdom - More Cooking, Less Incest

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: Cute Knight

Cute Knight Deluxe, the unholy spawn of Dungeon Master and the Princess Maker series, now has a sequel in <b><a href="http://www.hanakogames.com/ckk.shtml" target="blank">Cute Knight Kingdom</a></b>. Here's the details according to papillon from Hanako Games:
<br>
<blockquote>Differences from the first game:
<br>
You can now walk around jRPG style and talk to characters (with helpful flags for new content) instead of being stuck on one screen.
<br>
No more prostitution or incest. But there is same-sex romance. And different-sex romance. And different-species romance.
<br>
The concept of 'sin' in an RPG - where most people want to go around killing stuff - is explored in more detail.
<br>
All magical spells must now be learned from experience, so you have to go around and Collect Them All.
<br>
Potions are replaced by food and a cooking system to go with the crafting system, so there are a LOT of recipes to discover.
<br>
Multiple dungeons, each with a 'boss' encounter.
<br>
And, of course, improved graphics and sound, including a lot of hand-painted watercolors and hammered dulcimer.</blockquote>
<br>
There's a <a href="http://www.hanakogames.com/demos/CuteKnightKingdomDemo.exe" target="blank">demo</a>, but I refuse to touch it until <a href="http://www.hanakogames.com/city_talking.jpg" target="blank">these horrifying things</a> stop staring at me.
<br>
<br>
As to the original game, here's a revealing quote from <a href="http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=157742#157742" target="blank">Saint</a>:
<br>
<blockquote>I don't know, there's something about a CRPG where you're forced to play a woman and there's skills for cooking and cleaning that appeals to me. </blockquote>

1eyedking

Erudite
Shut up, you fuckers support cute crap design like in King's Bounty and Torchlight so this shit is right down your alley.

Black_Willow

Arcane
1eyedking said:
Shut up, you fuckers support cute crap design like in King's Bounty and Torchlight so this shit is right down your alley.
But this isn't cute - it's utterly ugly.

Lumpy

Arcane
Shoelip said:
OMG I HATE ALL THINGS CUTE BECAUSE I AM A MAN! :lol:

Cute:
wall-e.jpg

Lovecraftian:
city_talking.jpg

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The weeaboo in me desperately wants to play this game.

roll-a-die

Magister
Must resist Q Bomb. That is fucking horrifically cute KILL IIIT KILL IIT WITH FIRE

Mogar

Scholar
As someone who doesn't really mind Anime-ish designs, this is terrible.

Aikanaro

Liturgist
I was kind of intrigued by the first one - not enough to play it, mind you, but it looked kinda interesting.

This looks horrifying. WTF is with their eyes?

DriacKin

Arbiter
Why is there so much negativity around this? I was under the impression that games like the Princess Maker series were Codex-approved.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom