Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
However, that sense of caution must remain. Remember: I was just watching someone play a highly polished fragment of an unfinished world, purposefully sculpted for this crowd. The absurdity of this most E3 of demos was clear when we were told: “Imagine if the choices we’d made were different!” Because, of course, if CD Projekt Red were really keen to show us the range of possibilities and branching storylines, then every write-up of this demo would be different. But I’ve yet to hear of any journalists who saw the same demo witnessing a male V who never puffed a single methamphetamine in his life, who righteously grabbed a gun off the corp diva and went into the Maelstrom den, metal spider arms akimbo. As such, it remains to be seen how much branching there will be, and how that will work.

Last time he's invited.

Moink

Cipher
I hope this best friend Jackie ends up better than best friend Jackie from Sleeping Dogs.

In her apartment, V takes her pistol and her jacket. The jacket plays an important role in the game. Not only does it look cool, but it also gives you stats, including "street cred". Street cred is an experience you gain from doing open world bits and bobs, and helps you unlock content throughout the city.

Makes it sound like there isn't any dress up and you are stuck with the same look with just stat increases, hope that isn't true tbh

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
However, that sense of caution must remain. Remember: I was just watching someone play a highly polished fragment of an unfinished world, purposefully sculpted for this crowd. The absurdity of this most E3 of demos was clear when we were told: “Imagine if the choices we’d made were different!” Because, of course, if CD Projekt Red were really keen to show us the range of possibilities and branching storylines, then every write-up of this demo would be different. But I’ve yet to hear of any journalists who saw the same demo witnessing a male V who never puffed a single methamphetamine in his life, who righteously grabbed a gun off the corp diva and went into the Maelstrom den, metal spider arms akimbo. As such, it remains to be seen how much branching there will be, and how that will work.

Last time he's invited.
I missed that, pretty cool journo, s/he has that Codexian spirit.

Perkel

Arcane
Impressions by Bloodworth from EasyAllies. He is real Geek so it is worth listening to him.
He does way better job explaining things than random popamoe journos.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm a bit disoriented here - people really thought Cyberpunk will be an old-fashioned hardcore RPG?

Based on what? Those party-based, turn-based blobbers like Witcher 2 and Witcher 3 with their dazzling array of stats, builds, classes and intricate gameplay mechanics?

Jesus.

Hey CDPR, just give me a FPS Human Revolution on triple steroids and I'll give you one of my kidneys.

frajaq

Erudite
CGk3w7u.jpg

hell bovine

Arcane
It's nothing recent FYI, he's been at CD Projekt for years now.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/06/13/cyberpunk-2077-e3-gameplay-demo/

Nevertheless, I had a chat with a developer after the demo (more of that in a separate post) who confirmed that romancing is still very much a thing, that the romantic characters have set tastes of their own, and that some are straight, some gay, and some bisexual. With BioWare getting really into jetpacks, it’s good to have somebody carrying this torch.

Well, well, well...

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Let's hope you can be an evil son of a bitch in this one, I crave for a story where you an be a ruthless mercenary with no goody two shoes holding you back. And also let's hope it's not another let's save the world bullshit again, because this trend really needs to die already

Big Wrangle

It's based on V's quote in the trailer
In 2077 they voted my city the worst place to live in America. Main issues? Sky high rate of violence and more people living below the poverty line than anywhere else. Can’t deny it - it’s all true... but everybody still wants to live here. This city’s always got a promise for you. Might be a lie, an illusion, but it’s there... just around the corner... and it keeps you going. It’s a city of dreams. And I’m a big dreamer...

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I begun reading,i arrived at this retardation and stopped reading.

The demo followed a girl called V. She was a girl because the showrunner of the “hands-off” demo (one of CD Projekt Red’s staff) decided she’d be a she in the character creation screen

She chose for she to be she because she could be she.

Who the fuck writes like this?!

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-gameplay-and-interviewed-cd-projekt-about-it

There's no character class to pick, however. Cyberpunk 2077 has a fluid class system which lets you customise your own class throughout the gameplay experience. You can become a Solo, Techie or a Netrunner - or a mix of all of them.

The first-person shooting includes a slow motion "bullet time" effect and a slide move. You can combine the two for dramatic effect.

Damage numbers pop out of enemies as you shoot them (the enemies have life bars).

Cyberpunk 2077 is a mature game intended for a mature audience, CD Projekt said, and as as a result features full frontal nudity.

CD Projekt said there are no loading screens in Cyberpunk 2077's open world. The city is divided up into six unique districts. Our demo took place in Watson.

The dialogue system lets you approach encounters in a variety of ways. (V doesn't recite the line of dialogue you pick, by the way. Cyberpunk uses a system similar to Mass Effect, with V delivering her take on the line you pick.)

There are various skills in the game that can be used to your advantage. One is engineering. With a high enough engineering skill, you can disassemble panels to open up new paths.

You can see enemies who hide behind cover once you've scanned them. One useful combo is using the scanner to spot enemies, then blasting through the cover with the tech shotgun.

Can you pick a class, eventually?

Patrick Mills: It's a fluid class system. In the original 2020 there were many classes. We went into the 2020 book and we pulled out three we thought would fit really well with our game. But, unlike with the original 2020 where you're locked into one of those things and then could pick and choose a bit, in ours we want you to be able to pick and choose very fluidly and freely to play the way you want to play.

What were the three?

Patrick Mills: Solo, Techie, which concentrates on gadgets and machinery, and Netrunner. In the demo you saw T-Bug - she was just in the corner - but she's a Netrunner. They're the ones who plug into the network. There was a bit of Netrunner gameplay in the demo where she grabbed the Maelstrom guy and jacked into his head. Those three.

You appear to be able to talk your way through a lot of tense situations. There are engineering and hacking skill checks. Is speech also a skill check?

Patrick Mills: We don't want to gate speech behind particular classes or anything like that. We want that to be about the story and about your choices in the story.

:what:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Last time he's invited.
Eh, to the majority of codexers, critical thought is something that happens to other people.

Keppo

Arbiter
No way they will implement TPP fully, they designed whole game around FPP, including inte

Last time he's invited.

Because this demo wasn't played LIVE, but was recorded probably before E3.. CDPR in every game try the best in the C&C department so this is probably
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-gameplay-and-interviewed-cd-projekt-about-it

There's no character class to pick, however. Cyberpunk 2077 has a fluid class system which lets you customise your own class throughout the gameplay experience. You can become a Solo, Techie or a Netrunner - or a mix of all of them.

The first-person shooting includes a slow motion "bullet time" effect and a slide move. You can combine the two for dramatic effect.

Damage numbers pop out of enemies as you shoot them (the enemies have life bars).

Cyberpunk 2077 is a mature game intended for a mature audience, CD Projekt said, and as as a result features full frontal nudity.

CD Projekt said there are no loading screens in Cyberpunk 2077's open world. The city is divided up into six unique districts. Our demo took place in Watson.

The dialogue system lets you approach encounters in a variety of ways. (V doesn't recite the line of dialogue you pick, by the way. Cyberpunk uses a system similar to Mass Effect, with V delivering her take on the line you pick.)

There are various skills in the game that can be used to your advantage. One is engineering. With a high enough engineering skill, you can disassemble panels to open up new paths.

You can see enemies who hide behind cover once you've scanned them. One useful combo is using the scanner to spot enemies, then blasting through the cover with the tech shotgun.

Can you pick a class, eventually?

Patrick Mills: It's a fluid class system. In the original 2020 there were many classes. We went into the 2020 book and we pulled out three we thought would fit really well with our game. But, unlike with the original 2020 where you're locked into one of those things and then could pick and choose a bit, in ours we want you to be able to pick and choose very fluidly and freely to play the way you want to play.

What were the three?

Patrick Mills: Solo, Techie, which concentrates on gadgets and machinery, and Netrunner. In the demo you saw T-Bug - she was just in the corner - but she's a Netrunner. They're the ones who plug into the network. There was a bit of Netrunner gameplay in the demo where she grabbed the Maelstrom guy and jacked into his head. Those three.

You appear to be able to talk your way through a lot of tense situations. There are engineering and hacking skill checks. Is speech also a skill check?

Patrick Mills: We don't want to gate speech behind particular classes or anything like that. We want that to be about the story and about your choices in the story.

:what:

The *COOL* atribute is something like charisma but we still don't know what impact it will have on dialogues or other characters

Xeon

Augur
Bisexual romances seems to be increasing.

Tho someone earlier in the thread did say degeneracy like a man having a vagina or a woman having a penis augments is commonplace or something in Cyberpunk.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
So the latest controversy seems to be that some are panicking over the fact game is going to be first-person? Really? Then again, I forget there are people who actually play TES and Fallout in third-person for some ungodly reason.

NullFlow

Savant
If there is one question left lingering in my mind after the previews, is how they're dealing with loot this time around. Unequivocally TW3's loot system was some hot garbage that made Geralt unable to equip a pair of pants because a level system said a master witcher couldn't put them on. Then they scaled loot from enemies so all your efforts and achievements in crafting a set of Witcher gear or receiving Aerondight became worthless once a bumfuck bandit carried a better sword than your mastercrafted one. I expect some requirements like strength for heavier melee weapons and guns at least, or the best loot being the priciest and rarest.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Vampire tmb and new vegas shows a proper rpg can be done in first person pov and shootan elements.

I am not extraordinarily worried about the view.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
While many of the characters you can romance in our game are bisexual
lol :prosper:

Honestly, bisexual is so 2016. For a cyberpunk game set in 2077 they had an opportunity to come up with something really special. We could see actual dragonkin or people sexually identifying as attack helicopters...because they are.
1401205131088.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom