Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Derringer

Prophet
You'd think even being a progressive GTA clone it couldn't be any worse than Borderlands.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
8PxI3O3.png
Birds of a feather flock together.
An inferior game looking to bask in another's glory.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
why dont they just do away with rpg elements
"RPG elements" seems like a euphemism for gameplay customization options, so I'll go with that. What I would've preferred to see is basically Deus Ex, where the more you lean into guns the more Doom-like the gunplay becomes, and the more you lean into stealth the more it turns into Thief, etc. This kind of sandbox game screams for such variety that CDPR have neglected and turned into a shooter where the customization is pointless window-dressing like Twitcher.

Nice pipedream, but they haven't turned Cyberpunk 2077 into a Witcher like experience, it was envisioned like that from the start (no matter what bullshit they and Pondsmith might have tried to sell to PNP CP fans at the beginning). The sooner you people get a grip on reality, the better for all of us. When that happens we will finally be free from reading these pathetic moanings and have the privilege to read only quality shitposting and genuine criticism constrained by realistic expectations.

Played three hours with the leaked exe.

Everything on Ultra on a GTX 980 at 1080p.
Could be smoother but still lovely.

How many FPS on average?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
why dont they just do away with rpg elements
"RPG elements" seems like a euphemism for gameplay customization options, so I'll go with that. What I would've preferred to see is basically Deus Ex, where the more you lean into guns the more Doom-like the gunplay becomes, and the more you lean into stealth the more it turns into Thief, etc. This kind of sandbox game screams for such variety that CDPR have neglected and turned into a shooter where the customization is pointless window-dressing like Twitcher.

Not enough dopamine. Why have large improvements gained infrequently when you can drip feed those improvements over time to keep the player hooked on being just around the corner from their next perk point?
Here is someone who knows how 50 million-selling games are made.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

Have to be honest
Despite all the shit and stupidity around this game, it really is an incredibly ambitious project
For that alone I am curious enough do give it a try

The design of the gameworld seems legit, although somewhat artificial. If you want to just walk around in a cool looking city, this game isn't half bad.

ADL

Prophet

Have to be honest
Despite all the shit and stupidity around this game, it really is an incredibly ambitious project
For that alone I am curious enough do give it a try

I'm not one to jerk myself off over map size but they've really talked themselves up about the verticality of the city.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
On Ultra with a 980, definitely below 30 which doesn't incur playability problems on this type of game.
If you favor more fluidity the results improve a lot with just a few sliders. Lots of options.

Danikas

Arcane
Nice pipedream, but they haven't turned Cyberpunk 2077 into a Witcher like experience, it was envisioned like that from the start (no matter what bullshit they and Pondsmith might have tried to sell to PNP CP fans at the beginning). The sooner you people get a grip on reality, the better for all of us. When that happens we will finally be free from reading these pathetic moanings and have the privilege to read only quality shitposting and genuine criticism constrained by realistic expectations.
Lol I remember idiots on no mutants allowed before Fallout 3 release coping that it will have isometric camera mode.
:positive:

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Lol I remember idiots on no mutants allowed before Fallout 3 release coping that it will have isometric camera mode.
:positive:

Didn't it have something similar though? If I remember correctly you could pull out the camera so far away that it looked almost isometric. It was pretty much unplayable like that, of course.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
You are saying this like such games don't exist, yet they do. Deus Ex, Dishonored, E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy, Prey (I think?). It's just that they don't have a massive open world sandbox (which they don't even need). Shooting things like in CoD doesn't feel cyberpunk at all.

Machocruz

Arcane
TW3's popularity is majorly overblown. Nowhere have I seen that it sold more than 28 mil, but I've seen people claiming 50 mil, it's the most mainstream game ever, etc. Even if it were 50 mil that's 1/4 of Minecraft less than 1/2 GTAV, vastly more well known games. And Skyrim is still the brainlet king of the RPG.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I skipped trough a bunch of cohh videos,and fuck,i haven't seen much of a gameplay. It is all walking,talking and that retarded cyber camera thingy. The game has too much cinematics and far less gameplay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom