Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CYOA - The Miniature World

tsuke

Educated
Hi all. Ive been a long time lurker in this forum mainly for the CYOA of The Barbarian and Treave and the occasional Alicesoft LP. I thought it was about time to try making my own. Essentially my vision for this will be a cross between Kingdom Building and Slice of Life. I admit they are two genres that are far apart but i have some ideas about how to weave them together.

Anyway without further adieu lets begin.

Chapter 1: The Final Battle

A majestic figure in a white silk robe raises his goose feather fan to cover his face as his entire army looks on. He is standing on top of a raised dais surveying his troops and those of his opponents. The whole world knew that its fate would be decided here and now and everyone was brimming with anticipation. The signal was about to be given. With one wave of the fan the day would begin and the die would be cast.

You know you should be more nervous about today but you had done everything you could possibly have to ensure that you would be victorious today. You think back to you guiding philosophy and how it shaped your army.

A. Logistics - Everyone knows that amateurs studied tactics while professionals studied logistics. Your skill made sure that your armies were better supplied and consequently bigger than every one else.

B. Tactics - You can bring as many troops as you want to the battlefield but without proper tactics you will be routed. History is replete with examples of much smaller armies routing larger ones. Of course it is also replete with examples of much smaller armies getting routed.

C. Information - As a famous warrior once said "Information is Ammunition". You prided yourself in knowing what the enemy knew and countering it.

D. Morale - You can have all the advantages in the world but if your troops run before you can use it then its all for moot. You set to bond your troops to yourself to make them impossible to break.

You take one final sweeping glance at your army. You see some familiar faces. Captain Shiro and his regiment of spears which joined you when you first started out. You're honestly amazed there is still enough of them to form one entire regiment. Captain Lucina and her loyal band of archers. Knight Commander Fredrick or more accurately Knight Champion Fredrick with his Paladins. You never truly got a long with him but you cant deny he is a competent fighter. Everyone seems ready and even eager to begin. The troops look deadly but also beautiful in their shining armor.

You think back on your army and remember how you created them.

A. You focused on Heavy Infantry - While tricks had their place in the battlefield nothing could contend with the certainty of heavily armored troops bearing down on your line. From the Greek Hoplites to the Roman Legionaries they had always formed the backbone of all major forces.

B. You Focused on Archers - They cant kill you if they cant get to you and having truckloads of archers meant that most of the enemy never made it to your lines.

C. You focused on Heavy Cavalry - Ranks upon ranks of heavily armored knights breaking your enemies just like modern day tanks would.

D. Quantity - You didnt focus on any particular troop but just made sure that you could bring as much of them as you can. Of course this means that their quality may not all be up to par.

E. Heroes - You made sure that you found the best fighters in your army and equipped them with the best items money could buy. The rest of the army was really just ablative armor which gets them to the enemy lines.

You take one final glance at the battlefield. It is generally a flat plain with a mountain on the right side anchoring both sides flanks, a river to the left and a small copse of trees in the center. You really couldnt ask for a more "fair" battleground for both sides. You think back to your tactics and confirm they are the right one.

A. All out attack - Your forces are better and your army is better. Leave no time for the opponent to come up with a counterplan

B. Terrain - Use the terrain to your advantage. Hide some archers in the mountains and fighters in the forest and lure your opponent toward them. Maybe the river will have some use as well.

C. Defense - There really is no need to risk an attack. You are well supplied and can afford to wait for your opponent to come to you. At least they will be tired when they get to you.

Thats it for the first Chapter. I will try and get an update out every couple of days. There will be choices in the future where you can fail but since this is the first chapter there is a guarantee that you will succeed. The choices are more for your development. There may also be chapters with no choices to move the story along.

tsuke

Educated
Skills

Heavy Infantry 1/10
Terrain 1/10
Champions 1/10
Archery 1/10

Traits

Dislikes Dwarves

Stats

Str - 5
Con - 5
Dex - 5
Cha - 5

Army

First Camelot Regulars - 30 Militia level troops. Sword, Tower Shield, Chain Mail

First Camelot Rangers - 30 Militia level troops. Leather Armor, Longbow

Exemplar Knights - 10 elite level troops. Great Sword and Platemail, Banner of the Unicorn (+speed)

Hero- Lady Kay
Ranged Combat 4/5
Terrain 4/5
Looks like a cute elf 5/5

archer-warrior-girl-crossbow-weapon-armor-leather-armor-cape.jpg

City - Camelot. 800 pop.
Industries
Lumber
Wine
Landmarks
Famous Inn "Prancing Pony"

mwTJbTC.png

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Reporting for duty.
Ive been a long time lurker in this forum mainly for the CYOA of The Barbarian and Treave and the occasional Alicesoft LP.
...we have Alicesoft LPs? I've been missing out.

D. Morale - You can have all the advantages in the world but if your troops run before you can use it then its all for moot. You set to bond your troops to yourself to make them impossible to break.
E. Heroes - You made sure that you found the best fighters in your army and equipped them with the best items money could buy. The rest of the army was really just ablative armor which gets them to the enemy lines.
B. Terrain - Use the terrain to your advantage. Hide some archers in the mountains and fighters in the forest and lure your opponent toward them. Maybe the river will have some use as well.

An elite spec ops team leading men against impossible odds.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Reporting for duty.
Ive been a long time lurker in this forum mainly for the CYOA of The Barbarian and Treave and the occasional Alicesoft LP.

there's a few Rance Let's Play, but I think most pictures are dead.

A. Logistics - Everyone knows that amateurs studied tactics while professionals studied logistics. Your skill made sure that your armies were better supplied and consequently bigger than every one else.
D. Quantity - You didnt focus on any particular troop but just made sure that you could bring as much of them as you can. Of course this means that their quality may not all be up to par.
A. All out attack - Your forces are better and your army is better. Leave no time for the opponent to come up with a counterplan

Let's throw a lot of troops at the enemy

Tigranes

Arcane
Given that we are obviously

pGglCsNNJaVcRKcIUEEzDIWER3xy6KAQQ2Vk4U72UqAWqjyUqIBz2NnXE7OTBR6TCteK-_-gP6FPBIS-_DYY2khwRaNei_D7y0kQqWNCucRVVX_yGhrMpXRlXe12TPpuATVemnGUfV4F5YnnPNYdOoe4MXgAyytTnvv2LLUfs3Ff

and that we should make our strengths work with each other,

ABB: Logistics, Archers, Terrain.

We can secure resources for our armies and deprive our enemies (possibly the single most important determinant of success in most wars). To do so, we need to be mobile, flexible, and control space: in the absence of guerilla units or light cavalry, archers and terrain control is the way. Note how the present landscape is also entirely built for this, rather than Leroying.

tsuke

Educated
Reporting for duty.

There were a few senguko rance lps

tsuke

Educated
Locking choice 1 at A (logistics)
Choice 3 at B (terrain)

Choice 2 is split at 3 votes each between C (heavy cav) and E (heroes)

Ill check back in an hour. If nothing changes ill just pick at random :)

I like that logistics won. Codex is clearly a bunch of min maxers lol.

locking 2 at e

Last edited:

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Non-Edgy Gamer lambchop is this you?
Chopped...lamb? It does sound like a familiar name. For some reason, I can't help but picture a handsome and intelligent scholar, spreading the truth truth out the internet with wit and charm. However, I'm not aware of such an account on this site. Cheers though. +M

tsuke

Educated
The Final Battle (2)

With a wave of your fan 3 legions of the finest troops money can buy move forward rushing towards the center of the battlefield. Banners waving in the wind and polished steel gleaming no one can deny your troops at least look good. Seizing upon this unspoken signal your opponent also sends his main forces in to finally begin the days combat.

The Previous Night

The core of your army is gathered in your main command tent. You may have a huge army but victory or defeat rests upon the shoulders of the men and women here and their immediate subordinates. It would be safe to say that this right here is your real army and the others waiting in their respective camps mere spectators.

"Senkiro, take your Spears of Blood and hide in the forest. Once they make contacts our troops will retreat. Once they do they will draw the front line to your position where you will massacre them"

Senkiro looks at you doubtfully "What makes you think they will give chase? These are conscripts were talking about here! WE dont care about them much less the enemy"

"Oh they will. They may be conscripts but they will be the best dressed conscripts money can afford. In fact they may look like elites by the time were done with them. We do have all this extra equipment laying around"

The two armies finally make contact. The two sides rush at each other in an orgy of pain and blood. You see your rival laugh at the other side of the battlefield as your troops get the worst of it. It is clear that despite having the same arms and armor the opponents are just more skilled in battle. Adrenalin and fury make them hold for a bit but one by one your people see wide plains in their back and the rout begins. In less than an hour your troops are running back to your lines with the bulk of the opposing forces chasing after them.

At the agreed upon point Senkiro and the Spears surprise the pursuers. Equipped with life stealing great swords and the finest armor money can buy these are truly your finest front liners. The opposing army recoils but sees the number of new troops actually facing them and mistakes them for a valiant rearguard as the Spears of Blood are swarmed.

"Make sure that the banners are attached to your back and are visible. Once you engage our archers are going to be firing right at them"

Senkiro looks at you aghast "They what????"

" Oh relax. I doubt they will actually hit any of you with all the bad guys swarming around you. Its not like our archers are well trained. They will just hit the general area. We cant afford to just let you get swarmed. We need to disrupt the enemy while you do your thing. The banners will also tell our cannon and artillery where not to fire"

"This better work."

"If it doesnt were all dead anyway. If its any consolation I will be joining you soon in that case"

Senkiro and the spears mow down those closest to them. The enemy tries to isolate each spear and overwhelm them but the constant barrage of arrows is making it difficult for them. Meanwhile the survivors of the initial rout have reformed. Promises of decimation proving more scary than facing the opponent. Things are going well in the center and you look at the other side of the battlefield.

Mordred and his knights are under fire from what looks like all the archers in the world. Theres not many knights and they are all exceedingly well armored so they have not taken significant casualties yet.

You point to the hill dominating one side of the battefield.

"As you probably can tell whoever ends up taking control of that hill will end up with a massive advantage."

Cammy steps up "My scouts and I can take it! Give us two hours and then send in Erika and her Sisters of Penitence to shoot the enemy down."

" I have a better idea. We will give it to them. Cammy once the enemy has secured the hill you are two prevent them from coming down again for the battle. Set a goddamn fire if you have too. Just make sure they just stay on that hill"

" Mordred you do what you do best and just sit there and take it"

Mordred growls as Cammy and Erika giggle " THAT WAS JUST A RUMOR!"

"Sure, sure. Just make sure the archers are focused on you. Give Cammy an hour and then just leave. By that time Senkiro and his spears should have routed the opposing front lines. You will then charge towards the opposing HQ and drive them towards the river"

Mordred looks at the sun.

"I guess its about that time. Knights of Morr form up! We are leaving and assisting our comrades in the Center. For the Lady!"

The knights file in behind him as the opposing archers look upon them stunned. How can the enemy just leave? They have the higher ground! Its just good manners for them to try and take it. Further bad news arrives as several trees have ended up blocking their path down from the hill. It would take them hours to get down now.

"Knights of Morr charge!"

"Spears of Blood take their lives!"

The combined might of your forces drive the enemy back just as River barges appear in the distance.

You look towards Erika. "At daybreak you will take your Sisters of Penitence and ride some river barges upstream. Once the rout begins you are then to shoot everyone you can down. Of course the enemy will try to retreat away from you and our main forces which lets your barges move alongside them."

Erika laughs " Just like shooting fish in a barrel or tying up certain Knights and...."

Modred booms "IT DIDNT HAPPEN!"

You love it when a plan comes together and you look upon the ruins of the opposing army. Your rival escaped of course. You never really needed to capture him. What was a strategist without an army after all?

You turn away and leave the field basking in the glow of your victory.

In Parts Unkown

A grasping voice is heard "Looks like we have our guy"

Cutting this update off here. More in a day or two.

tsuke

Educated
The End of the Beginning

Fireworks scream through the air as triumphant music is played. The figure of Zhuge Liang , your chosen avatar, waves his fan loftily in the background as the giant hologram strikes some cool poses behind you. Your first exposure to the Miniature World came years ago. You were just sitting at home watching Grandmaster Shen and Grandmaster Alex go at it. Feint being met with counter feint. At the end of the match you were hooked and you knew this was what you wanted to do with your life. Now your at the very top. Part of the very brotherhood of Grandmasters that inspired you when you were younger and the current world champion.

The next few weeks were a whirlwind of activity. Book deals, Endorsements, Movie offers, Hell your publicist even gave you an offer from a popular starlet to be their pretend boyfriend. Things were looking up and you knew you had it made.

One day you were sitting in your office when unexpectedly a short man walks in. He is dressed in a business suit and you think that those less politically correct could rightly call him a dwarf. You wonder how he got in as not only do you have security downstairs screening the building , you have your secretary outside who is supposed to inform you of anyone wanting to see you. You stand up and are about to ask him to leave.

The dwarf speaks in a grasping voice "Sit. Sit. No need to stand on my occassion. Thought it is surprising that you know enough to stand in my presence. Well lets cut this short. Things to do and all. First off congratulations on being the newest grandmaster for Miniature World."

"Thanks I guess. Who are you again?" You stammer

"Huh looks like I overestimated you. Well no matter. Its not like my opinion matters or anything. You must be wondering why Im here today yes? Well it seems as if my employer has decided that he needs your services. Your in luck as he will pay you just about anything to get it"

You think to yourself that this is just another business deal and respond "Im always willing to listen to any offers. You have something specific in mind?"

"Not so fast though there is a catch. In order to actually avail of this offer I am going to have to ask you to die first. So tell me Codex. How would you like to die? I do want to make a good impression on you so I promise to do my best to fulfill it. If you want we can even leave some money around for your relatives. A billion or two should suffice for them right?"

You look at the dwarf in front of you and are stunned. You cant tell if he is joking or not. Somehow your mind thinks of Tyrion Lannister. Maybe because hes the only other dwarf you know? You really should have known more little people. Maybe your racist against them. You try and make a joke " In my own bed, at the age of 80, with wine and a whores mouth around my cock?"

The dwarf looks at you. "Are you serious? I need you to change your mind and think of something simpler"

You just shake your head.

The dwarf brings out his cellphone " Did you hear that?...... Yeah ??? ........ No ..... He was just joking right ..... ?"

The dwarf then looks up at you " You motherfucker".

The next thing you know the world spins and you black out.

Your House. Your Bed.

The first thing you see is the dwarf who is scowling at you.

"Take a look in the mirror asshole" he says

Your body is stiff and hurts all over. You hobble over to a mirror and see an old man staring back at you.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME????????" You scream

"By request dickface. Your 80. Now for the rest of the request. Get in the bed so we can get this over with."

You begin panicking and grab your nearby cellphone. You look thru it trying to see what happened in the 50 years that passed you by and checking if theres a way to reverse what happened to you until you realize the date. Its only been a couple of days since your last memory. You look up at the dwarf.

" Yeah so your not 80. Do I look like some fairy that can just travel thru time? I did the best I could. You know how much those drugs to turn you into that cost? By the way once were done here im going to bury you and then piss on your grave. Your the first one to give me this much trouble."

The dwarf picks up his cellphone " Get up here lets end this"

The dwarf shoves you onto the bed as you see a fat hobo enter.

The hobo looks at the dwarf "I really just gotta suck him off and youll give me a million dollars?"

The dwarf hands the hobo a briefcase full of money and an syringe. " Yeah. Pretty much. Stick that in him when your done. Make sure he is holding that wine glass when you start"

The dwarf looks at you with contempt " Just so you know I could have gotten you a big breasted blonde but I didnt because Fuck you."

The hobo walks up to you as you mercifully faint.

Thats the end of the Prologue. Sorry if it took a while. There will be choices next update.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom