Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

D&D 5E Discussion

Discussion in 'The Gazebo' started by Alchemist, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Bara Erudite

Bara
    The author list for the books been revelied.

To note that Daniel guy is the one who wanted Oriential Adventures de-listed for being offensive. Surprised he took a job with wotc when last I heard he was still complaning that all wotc did was put a desclaimer up and not remove the book.

Along with other authors just being celeberty gamers/youtubers.

One of the adventures they really did wheel chai accesible dungeons.

I look forward to the reviews.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    • decline x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • /facepalm/ x 1
    • honk honk! x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Gyor Learned

Gyor
    Most woke activists are narcissists playing at being a hero when they are just an annoying asshole surrounded enablers.

Oriental is not a racist work, fuck most of the businesses the still use the term are Asian! The other day I had Oriental Grilled chicken, their name for it, not my. Alot of the rub and tugs where I work call themselves Oriental Spas.

The woke are stupid.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Bara Erudite

Bara
    I also find it weird that the after complaining that wotc for still selling Oriental Adventures on dmsguild he accepted a job with wotc while Oriental Adventures is still available.

Either he got over it or money proves him to be a hypocrite. Ah well third party still be a thing and at least maybe the new Dragonlance book will be a decent nostalgia trip.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • gimme dem dolla bills gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. pOcHa Arcane Patron

pOcHa
    Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex
    you give happy endings?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • Slurp this person's delicious asshole Slurp this person's delicious asshole x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Bara Erudite

Bara
    Thought occurs about the new Dragonlance novels comming out. I don't think this means they'll release Dragonlance for 5e.

It could just be that they're committing to their legal requirements to end the lawsuit. Suppose we'll see during the lead up to the release how wotc acts.

^ Top  
  6. DavidBVal 4 Dimension Games Patron Developer

DavidBVal
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    We've reached a point where I don't know if that's good or bad anymore. Right now I've given up on 5e and probably the best thing that could happen is somehow D&D escaping the big industry corporations like Hasbro and being in the hands of a smallish independent company that could truly focus on what is important. Could have happened after the 4e disaster, but it's highly unlikely at this point, if not impossible.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Mortmal Arcane

Mortmal
    Indies taking the crown is impossible and for good reasons . I wanted to play shadow of the demon lord, but online on fantasy grounds , there was some rumor it was ported. Went to the sotdl discord, no one knows nor have any idea, no answers from any officials. Went to FG discord, much faster answer there ,they dont even know if someone working on it, nor if anyone working on anything by the way ...
    While 5E gets ton of adventures and third party support , its extremely easy to find people to play with , as the DM you are the cute girl on tinder.

• Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. 7h30n Savant

7h30n
    This day marks the end of my 4 year and 3 month long campaign in D&D 5e.

So long 5th edition, I can finally retire as a DM (at least for a while). My next campaign will probably be something in Cyberpunk RED, Star Wars d20 (which I love & hate, but my players seem to enjoy it), more 5th edition but with a lot more OSR influences or simply some OSR game. Either way, I can finally have peace for at least a month.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Salute Salute x 2
    ^ Top  
  9. Gyor Learned

Gyor
    I do landscaping around them LMFAO. Since the Pandemic the only happy endings I give are to myself.

^ Top  
  10. pOcHa Arcane Patron

pOcHa
    Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex
    notsureifserious.jpg

^ Top  
  11. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford

• honk honk! honk honk! x 2
    ^ Top  
  12. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    playing RPGs online is fake and gay bugman shit, just play a videogame at that point

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. S0rcererV1ct0r Cipher

S0rcererV1ct0r
    Of course a lich villain would try to make his dungeon accessible for disabled people/sarcasm

Now seriously. It makes me sad. No official adventure for other realms of dread except Ravenloft, no official adventure in Dark Sun...

D&D is a very high magical setting. Is probably cheaper to just pay a caster to fix your body than to make a wheelchair.

^ Top  
  14. Mortmal Arcane

Mortmal
    Name great d&d videogames released in the last 20 years...Oh and 6pm curfew.

^ Top  
  15. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    That would require naming a good D&D edition released in the last 20 years.
    fuck the police

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Bara Erudite

Bara
    Well if you want actual good D&D adventures that's based on the older settings but in 5E you could always check out the goodman game Original Adventures Reincarnated series

Temple of Elemental Evil for 5e is supposed to be the next but honestly if your playing the original adventures might as well try to find a group for B/X or 1e and get original pdfs for cheaper unless you find the expanded parts really valuable.

Kinda surprised they haven't done anything with the second edition era adventures yet.

^ Top  
  17. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    It takes a lot of effort to get rid of all the problematic elements and add oppressed black tranny characters to the story.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  18. deuxhero Arcane

deuxhero
    As someone who likes the d20 system and Star Wars, I can clearly say Star Wars d20 is an utter mess. Saga Edition however is an excellent system with a few issues (don't allow Skill Focus: Use the Force, make sure non-Jedi characters have access to non-core options).

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Bara Erudite

Bara
    They don't make any sort of changes to remove problematic material though. Each of the original adventure reincarnated books even include a full reprint of the original adventure as published.

So I really do wonder why they haven't done a single 2E adventure yet when they did Expedition to the Barrier Peaks and now ToEE.

^ Top  
  20. Mortmal Arcane

Mortmal
    Apprently adventures arent profitable to them they are making more money with campaign books thats why you dont see any of them . Also its worth reading magazines too, compare Dungeon's magazine of today , issues like 37, 70 112, or 120 , their adventure are now short uninspiring with big pictures filling the pages.You wont find the quality of the 2e era anymore.

Mortmal rolled 6-sided di(c)e: Total: 6
    • decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.