Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DA2 has leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Befuddled Halfling said:
Andyman Messiah said:
Also I gave DA2 0/10 on Metacritic. I'm thinking about writing more short reviews there. My rating system is 0, 5 and 10 for bad, whatever and good. Dragon Age 2 is a bad game. My prediction of it becoming a fun game like ME2 was proven wrong.

Disturbing. You seem to be drifting away from the official codex position on the game. Konjad went on the Bioboards yesterday saying that we love it (or 'some of us love it', forget his exact words) in that thread about the codex being responsible for the destruction of DA2's image.

Could there be a disturbance in the force here? Could the codex itself be polarizing into love:hate on DA2 like the rest of the forums?
I really don't know if I could care less about other people's opinions. I also don't know if I could care less about finding out if I could care less. I'm edgy like that. Watch out, you might cut yourself. Ow!

Also: Konjad. That's all I have to say. Really? Are you sure?

Black

Arcane
You actually bought it, VoD? That really ought to help your credibility, considering you're already gerrmun.

VentilatorOfDoom said:
I'm at lvl 16 now, and I'm still waiting to see an interesting quest. With maybe a choice beyond kill x or kill y instead. At one point I thought I've found such a quest. A "good" templar who wanted to save some mages instead of killing them asked me to go into the cave and convince them to settle the conflict peacefully. Cool. Turned out there was no way to convince anyone just combat. The remaining mages then tried to talk me into killing the good templar instead. Who wanted to save their lifes. Makes sense. I said I'll help them but won't go as far as murdering this guy. No problem the mage bitch said. I just had to lie to the templars and convince them I had killed all mages. Cool I thought. Trick the templars, help the mages. Think again - there was no way to trick anyone, just combat. That's the kind of *choices* you can expect to find in DA2.
Err, not to defend the game, but I successfully lied to "bad" templar, and haven't killed the good one. Remaining mages fled, and this had bit me in the ass at the later game, but I digress. In his particular quest there is sorta peaceful solution present. In others - not so much. Come to think of it - maybe that particular quest was tied to dominant personality. In my case it was "an annoying twat" aka purple choices mostly.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
OK. I tried to convince the bad templar but it didn't work. Who knows maybe I picked the wrong answer, the dialogue wheel short responses are often not too useful. I guess that makes this quest OK. Because, at least you have some choice beyond kill kill kill(even if not easily achievable?).

Silellak

Cipher
VentilatorOfDoom said:
I guess that makes this quest OK. Because, at least you have some choice beyond kill kill kill
This is the key to understanding DA2. :smug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom