Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DA2 has leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

taplonaplo

Scholar
Volourn said:
P.S. People whining about nightmare being 'impossible' are stupid and missing the point. It's not supposed to be fair. It's called nightmare for a reason. FFS

Only psychopaths would want to play it that way. Hard is hard enough, imo. Did youa ctually read the difficulty descriptions in the damn manual or what?
The gripe is that you either pick the masochistic difficulty, or have no friendly fire whatsoever. I do think hard is more or less properly tuned, but it would have been way more exciting (and tactical in some cases) with FF.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Andyman Messiah said:
the approval system now bestows passive bonuses. If a party member is your friend, you’ll get one kind of bonus. If that same character is a rival, you’ll get a different one.
Obsidian: Hey, look at this friend/rival thing we did in Alpha Protocol.
Bioware: Excellent, we will steal it and claim that we invented this new friend/rival system (tm)!

Bioware has a history of stealing retarded shit. Like ghetto elves.

Silellak

Cipher
taplonaplo said:
Volourn said:
P.S. People whining about nightmare being 'impossible' are stupid and missing the point. It's not supposed to be fair. It's called nightmare for a reason. FFS

Only psychopaths would want to play it that way. Hard is hard enough, imo. Did youa ctually read the difficulty descriptions in the damn manual or what?
The gripe is that you either pick the masochistic difficulty, or have no friendly fire whatsoever. I do think hard is more or less properly tuned, but it would have been way more exciting (and tactical in some cases) with FF.
Yeah, I've always thought Friendly Fire should be its own toggle, independent from the more-general "difficulty setting".

racofer

Thread Incliner
What is unbelievable is the ongoing discussions in here actually defending most of the retarded shit in DA2 because it's retarded shit wrapped in shiny tinfoil.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

Shit is bad because it stinks. You don't need to know the stink is due to bacteria, which in turn liberate sulfur or hydrogen sulfide. Sulfur is the periodic element 16 and hydrogen sulfide is a chemical compound with formula H2S where hydrogen is the chemical element of number 1. Both elements are made of protons and electrons. Protons are made of quarks. Quarks are made of....

What counts is that it fucking stinks no mater how you deal with it. Stop the fucking excuses you useless fucking faggot ass fuckers.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Bioware has a history of stealing retarded shit. Like ghetto elves."

Nah. they didn't steal anything. besdies, btoh The Twitcher punks and the Obsidian guys have a habit of stealing from BIO first.

Sequels, engines, dwarves.. were all in BIO games first before either Twitcher or Obsidian did them.

R00fles1

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Volourn said:
"Bioware has a history of stealing retarded shit. Like ghetto elves."

Nah. they didn't steal anything. besdies, btoh The Twitcher punks and the Obsidian guys have a habit of stealing from BIO first.

If bio didn't steal anything, why say they stole from bio first, which implies bio did it as retaliation?

Anyway, I don't care if companies steal gameplay elements and the like. I'm a little less tolerant if they steal specific, unique setting elements, and go full when those elements are fucking retarded to begin with. Stealing dumbfuck ideas like ghetto elves makes the act even worse. It's like breaking into the Louvre to steal the security guard's turd as he drops it in a bowl.

Sequels, engines, dwarves.. were all in BIO games first before either Twitcher or Obsidian did them.

R00fles1

Bioware invented sequels, engines and dwarves. :smug:

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Mastermind said:

R00fles1

Bioware invented sequels, engines and dwarves. :smug:

New BMW M3. Feel the road, live fast. Now powered by the all-new, V8 2400cc engine designed by Bioware.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Vault Dweller said:
Hamster said:
Vault Dweller said:
Let's see... Both games are focused on combat, the story and character interaction are only the background for all the killing.

DA2 is not focused on combat.
What else is there to do? Explore the countryside? Talk to various characters? Lose yourself in a living, breathing world? Join a faction or two and rise all the way to the top? Talk or stealth your way through the game? Craft your own story, perhaps?

I do get the vibe, "Your situation is desperate" at first arrival on Kirkwall, but instead of showing how Hawke overcome the challenges by taking on that one year long contract with mercs / smugglers, Bioware just skipped past all that.

After one year of an uneventful service, you haven't advanced the plot one bit, which really smells of cut content to me. Or maybe they missed an opportunity somewhere. But you know, it's Bioware, what can we do?

Mantiis

Cipher
RK47 said:
I do get the vibe, "Your situation is desperate" at first arrival on Kirkwall, but instead of showing how Hawke overcome the challenges by taking on that one year long contract with mercs / smugglers, Bioware just skipped past all that.

After one year of an uneventful service, you haven't advanced the plot one bit, which really smells of cut content to me. Or maybe they missed an opportunity somewhere. But you know, it's Bioware, what can we do?
The whole game is a rush job - we know this because EA was pushing Bioware to get this game out by the date that they set. The missing year was more than likely cut for the same reason that the dungeons are recycled - time constraints and meeting a deadline.

The missing year will more than likely be back in the form of DLC. Enjoy.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Bioware invented sequels, engines and dwarves."

Because ghetto elves were first found in TW 9no it wasn't) or dialogue wheel was first in AP 9no it wans't). LMFAO

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Volourn said:
"Bioware invented sequels, engines and dwarves."

Because ghetto elves were first found in TW 9no it wasn't) or dialogue wheel was first in AP 9no it wans't). LMFAO

Nah, the dialogue wheel was present in Outcast, a game from 1999.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Not to get on the whole I'm here longer than you guys, everyone who came after 2010 is stupid but dayummm son, you newfags are a little bit obtuse sometimes eh?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Meh, it's 4AM. I'm allowed to forget to ignore up to three (3) posts by Skyway, Volourn, Liberal or 1eyedking.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Vault Dweller said:
Sceptic said:
Vault Dweller said:
What did you read from me last week? That games should be judged by what they are (i.e. an action RPG) and compared to games of the same sub-genre (i.e. other action RPGs)?
So IWD is now an action-RPG? :thumbsup:
Sorry, I misspoke. It's a complex game with intriguing characters, wide open world, branching plot and multiple quest solutions.
Jaesun, can you really defend this? Is this truly where you think "Hey, VD's über-arguing skills destroy the noobs. Their tears are delicious. :smug: " ?
To me he's reached the level Volly had a few years ago. Stop the lies, start the truths: IWD and DA2 are practically the the same game! RooFlecoPter!

Is it thusday yet? :M

made

Arcane
Vault Dweller said:
Unlike IWD and DA2, Witcher and especially Bloodlines offer more than JUST combat between cutscenes/briefings.
See, even the venerable VD agrees that Witcher is a true oldschool RPG. Take that, haters.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
i disagree. Witcher is an action RPG. If DA series is going to the path of action based, that's the direction they should be following, a completely reflex based combat with sprinkling of magic spells and skill distribution plus gear upgrades.

Not this abomination of press one button to autoattack and dial skill powers ala MMO.

waywardOne

Arcane
even accepting that combat is a major part of both, IWD's was varied and challenging. DA2's is tedious and repetitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom