Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Daedalic's Blackguards delayed until January 2014

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Genuine question, any of you have been part of the testing group to say the combat sucks ?

I'd love to answer all questions, but it's written explicitly that anyone disclosing any information publically about the beta (both positive and negative) is subject to imprisonment in a concentration camp for a term up to 10 years under German law :M

DeepOcean

Arcane
Genuine question, any of you have been part of the testing group to say the combat sucks ?

I'd love to answer all questions, but it's written explicitly that anyone disclosing any information publically about the beta (both positive and negative) is subject to imprisonment in a concentration camp for a term up to 10 years under German law :M
Saying only that you liked or not is enough for you to end on a gas chamber?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

Saying only that you liked or not is enough for you to end on a gas chamber?

ORDNUNG MUSS SEIN

Mortmal

Arcane
Stating that the huegpenis is flacid after playing blackguard beta , that could not be considered as a nda breach right ?

imweasel

You're pretty much anonymous here on the codex, and i'm rather sure that the Gestapo does not know Darth Roxor's true identity.

Unless, of course, they have spies here at the codex....

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
To quote a classic, I can only say that THE DICK'S THROBBING IS LOVE

Take that as you will.

Mortmal

Arcane
No such thing as anonymous on the internet, remember that taxalot received scorpions in his mailbox after posting his view about ultima forever .

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
No such thing as anonymous on the internet, remember that taxalot received scorpions in his mailbox after posting his view about ultima forever .

taxalot used his real name amongst the Ultima fandom on Facebook and elsewhere, that's how they knew.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I had to give muh name and stuff when signing up for this as well

OSNAP THE GESTAPO IS AT THE DOOR

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Is saying "game is shit" breaking the NDA? Not that I'm saying it is, just curious.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
"implement new features"

Multiplayer confirmed.

:troll:

Oh, indeed, a preview mentioning multiplayer, minigames and quest editor. I can't find other articles mentioning multiplayer, but several articles mentioning level/map/quest/someghing editor.

Anyways, I hope Daedalic guys take as much time as they need. :salute:

Sounds like Grimoire except Daedlic release their stuff with such minor delay even when they need to improve/add something.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I'm pretty sure he meant with examples not primarily studios, but actual in-game examples.
Where was something copied without being understood?
Their systems and content.

Cosmo

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Okay, as you're not going to bring any actual examples, I'll just assume it's random feverish babbling. That's fine!

Don't bother, Roguey has a cargo cult approach to criticizing european games : he keeps using vague but intelligent-sounding expressions he heard somewhere else, in hope they will magically translate into rational and convincing arguments...

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Okay, as you're not going to bring any actual examples, I'll just assume it's random feverish babbling. That's fine!
Risen 2 was PB failing at trying to be Bioware. Divine Divinity was a bad Diablo clone with a failure of a loot treadmill that added in some Ultima-like environmental interaction only because Vincke likes Ultima. The Witcher used kotor/nwn-style combat with a really awful rhythm game tacked on to make it feel more involving and a pointess stat upgrade system that railroads you into making the same character up until the point where you get gold points when it's practically over.

Cosmo

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Come on Roguey, we're still waiting for solid proof that those elements stem from a cargo cult approach...

As for Risen 2, it is in many ways not representative of the four games that predated it. Criticize Gothic 2 instead.
Comparing the Witcher to Bioware games is arbitrary, but no less than you deciding upon your cargo cult conspiracy theory i'll give you that.
Divine Divinity on the other hand suffers from being a paradox : one foot in the H'n'S, the other in the living, open world territory, resulting in a world of half-solutions. DD2 is also very actiony, but its expansion pack is a true piece of CRPG, where lore, world building and quest branching are totally intermingled. Granted, for OS they've yet to prove they can transpose that to a more open world though (Flames of Vengeance is only a hub).

Last edited:
Come on Roguey, we're still waiting for solid proof that those elements stem from a cargo cult approach...

As for Risen 2, it is in many ways not representative of the four games that predated it. Criticize Gothic 2 instead.
Comparing the Witcher to Bioware games is arbitrary, but no less than you deciding upon your cargo cult conspiracy theory i'll give you that.
Divine Divinity on the other hand suffers from being a paradox : one foot in the H'n'S, the other in the living, open world territory, resulting in a world of half-solutions. DD2 is also very actiony, but its expansion pack is a true piece of CRPG, where lore, world building and quest branching are totally intermingled. Granted, for OS they've yet to prove they can transpose that to a more open world though (Flames of Vengeance is only a hub).
Remember Roguey once said Joshliness is next to godliness. And Josh is an atheist :lol:

You expect consistent shit from him (patriarchy :smug: ) ?

Edit: TheWesDude how do you feel about the avatars?

Last edited:

zornskin

Novice
Did the avatars get hacked, or is everyone just adopting the same avatar?

EDIT - wtf. looks like I confirmed for myself.

Last edited:

Rake

Arcane
The Hivemind is taking control.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom