Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dark Envoy: Director's Cut - guns n' sorcery RTwP RPG by Tower of Time developer

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I don't see how going from TB to RTwP can improve a system that feels repetitive. If it is repetitive in TB, switching to RTwP will change nothing.
:hmmm:
A TB fanatic,sad. Only a retard can't see how rtwp is a more complex system than TB lol. That said,it all depends on the dev's skill to make a good and complex encounter and decent enemy variate.

As of the game,well i did enjoy their former game and even bought it. This one looks promising,i will give it a try once it comes out.

Harthwain

Magister
I don't see how going from TB to RTwP can improve a system that feels repetitive. If it is repetitive in TB, switching to RTwP will change nothing.
The flow of the action is different and there is more happening at once. Besides that in turn-based some time is spent on watching the same animations over and over again. Watching it in real time makes this less noticeable.

A TB fanatic,sad. Only a retard can't see how rtwp is a more complex system than TB lol.
Pressing space is hardly "more complex system" to manage.

Harthwain

Magister
A really good argument there bro,pointing out the opinions of another is a sure win the lottery of life. Your sharp wit and intelligence are things to behold.
...said the guy who failed to present an argument in the first place, while insulting another for speaking his opinion? Go home, bro, you're drunk.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
A really good argument there bro,pointing out the opinions of another is a sure win the lottery of life. Your sharp wit and intelligence are things to behold.
...said the guy who failed to present an argument in the first place, while insulting another for speaking his opinion? Go home, bro, you're drunk.
If i was drunk,i most likely would have ignored your stupidity. Also what argument do you want?! The difference in complexity between those two systems is pretty obvious despite a personal preference for the one or the another. Hmmm that said maybe i overreacted in my assumption that you are an experience RPG player and know that shit. So if you don't know it or you are too young,fair enough ask away.

Harthwain

Magister
If i was drunk,i most likely would have ignored your stupidity.
Oh, so being stupid is your usual state? I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Also what argument do you want?! The difference in complexity between those two systems is pretty obvious despite a personal preference for the one or the another.
I get the difference between the systems. I merely do not find real-time with pause to be more complex.

If anything, I could make an argument that turn-based is more complex, because initative (who goes first in a turn plus who goes after who) matters more, mobility (how far you can go in a turn) matters more, what your enemy can potentially do (abilities, etc.) matters more and there is something to be said about the economy of action (how to use your turn in the most efficient way possible, considering your options).

Hmmm that said maybe i overreacted in my assumption that you are an experience RPG player and know that shit. So if you don't know it or you are too young,fair enough ask away.
:nocountryforshitposters:

I played all RPGs featuring real-time with pause as well as many non-RPGs. But if you do have an argument in there somewhere, then by all means, please do share it.

Silly Germans

Are there any details on the combat mechanics ? Does it feature channel and interrupt mechanics ?

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
Are there any details on the combat mechanics ? Does it feature channel and interrupt mechanics ?

A modern take on combat in RPGs. What we want to achieve:
* to reward tactical thinking (sneaking, positioning, stealth)
* to reward party building skills and tinkering with skills and equippment
* to offer exceptional control over battlefield thanks to "draw skills"
* to keep things clean and manageable thanks to pause or slow-time

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This was quietly delayed to 2022 three days ago: https://steamdb.info/app/945770/history/?changeid=U:22535096

Dark Envoy is a non-linear sci-fantasy RPG set in a world shaken by the dichotomy between magic and technology. Solo, or with a friend in two-player co-op, players will travel the world using a Skyship as their base of operations. Dark Envoy is in development for PC, PS5, Xbox Series S/X, PS4, and Xbox One.

Mazisky

Magister
Well, at least this look really cool instead of that Afrotriceratops save the meadows caretaker released a couple of days ago

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I liked Tower of Time and this seems to be a big step up from that, at least graphically.

Good on them. Always appreciate more competent indies in this space.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
ss+(2021-04-26+at+10.45.38).png

ss+(2021-04-26+at+11.01.35).png

ss+(2021-04-26+at+10.45.54).png

They sure aren't kidding. :troll:

lycanwarrior

Scholar

Yeah, I was pumped for TB. Since they changed it to RTwP, I am taking a wait-and-see approach.

Especially since I didn't enjoy Tower of Time as much as I had hoped. Even though I did enjoy some of the innovative things they did with character progression and combat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom