Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Dark Souls 3

LivingOne

Savant
Some infos on backstabs:
looks like they work similar to DS2 despite the animation being from DS1 wich means there still is a 'grab' window before the actual backstab.If the 'grab' fails, however, the backstab is converted into a regular attack.

Here's a greatsword missing:
https://gifs.com/gif/KRB8nP

And a longsword here at 3:32,so it's not a GS-only thing:

Only thing missing (I think?) is the possibility of getting stunned out of the animation but that's fine since only ganksquads could be coordinated enough to do that and they certaily didn't need it.

Self-Ejected

ZodoZ

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Wow that guy makes me feel like a Dark Souls master. I did not know a person could play on about the same level as a 5 y.o. could and still beat Capra.
My interest in DS has waned quite a bit after watching his "performance"

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Maxed out armor and decent weapon? Why should he have problems? It would be quite silly force players to overlevel before going to depths, which is nice leveling up area.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
That video is mostly notable because he's actually meleeing Capra with a medium speed weapon. Game in general is even easier with Pyromancy or a Zweihander, or a greatshield, or even Sorcery (though this requires jumping through some hoops).

Lhynn

Arcane
i remember playing DS2 till some dude raised his weapon over his head and spun like he was standing on a spining plate to nail me as i was going to attack him on the side. Uninstalled the overhyped piece of trash that is pretending to be an ARPG.

Wonder if DS3 will actually be worth a shit.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
5161451+_473d04d7c0ad74c126e97b29c355a817.gif

edit: I was wrong. It wasn't PVP. It wasn't even a boss. The enemy that kicked Lhynn's ass hard enough for him to ragequit was a fucking turtle knight. Survival of the fittest, Lhynnaaard!

Last edited:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm still at my not spoiler first playtrough in DS. (Yes I lost save during game transfer to new HDD where I defeated Gargoyles, and enraged the first dealer, and killed the first dealer by trying to calm him down, which meant my first dealer was Andre, which made things significantly more difficult.)

First playtrough when you are thinking if your weapon will not break, and then find small sword on enemy is awesome. Then wandering around, and finding a smith, which saves your hide.

Last thing I did was I tanked ceaseless discharge in Black Iron armor, after 50th try... That strike from above nearly always get me. (I wanted it to be fair and don't abuse terrain...) Then I seen these beautiful 8 Taurus demons, and then these nice 6 Capra... But I seen, while falling down by an accident, a Taurus falling down by an accident as well, because he didn't stopped his strike on me and it basically threw him over the edge.

Have you seen that dog that powered that wheel, that powered the elevator, in Blightown? That was awesome.

Gozma

Arcane
The weapon art shit sounds cool (assuming they can back it up with making lots of weapons interesting and viable with it)

no bonfire ascetic sux

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
i remember playing DS2 till some dude raised his weapon over his head and spun like he was standing on a spining plate to nail me as i was going to attack him on the side. Uninstalled the overhyped piece of trash that is pretending to be an ARPG.
:updatedmytxt:

That visual bullshit is there so that you can git gud. Instead of relying on circle strats, you have to dodge at the right moment or you get squished. Tanimura > Muhzaki. B-Team > A-Team. I'm such a hipster.

Lhynn

Arcane
That visual bullshit is there so that you can git gud. Instead of relying on circle strats, you have to dodge at the right moment or you get squished. Tanimura > Muhzaki. B-Team > A-Team. I'm such a hipster.
Thats some serious level of analslurping there bro. dark souls was predicated on fair difficulty, cheating animations are fucking shit design by anyones standards, if you want your players to get good find a way that doesnt involve breaking the laws of your own game to trick them.
Fucking fanboys, even at the codex.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I mean, they could have had the exact same result by giving them a fast horizontal swipe after the windup instead, and it wouldn't have looked stupid. OTOH, abandoning a game because one enemy has a misleading attack animation is pretty faggy too.

Thats some serious level of analslurping there bro. dark souls was predicated on fair difficulty, cheating animations are fucking shit design by anyones standards, if you want your players to get good find a way that doesnt involve breaking the laws of your own game to trick them.
Fucking fanboys, even at the codex.

I'd rather have oversights like this than easy-mode circle-strafing bullshit from DeS/DaS.

At least I'm not the edgy faggot with opinions and decisions of a 13 year old.

Lhynn

Arcane
I mean, they could have had the exact same result by giving them a fast horizontal swipe after the windup instead, and it wouldn't have looked stupid. OTOH, abandoning a game because one enemy has a misleading attack animation is pretty faggy too.
Thats literally all dark souls is about, the game not cheating on your ass. Its like sticking to a plataformer where the controls are shit. Its a failing at its fundation. That and the world building, which ive heard it fails to deliver as well.

I'd rather have oversights like this than easy-mode circle-strafing bullshit from DeS/DaS.
Wasnt an oversight, it was intentional, which is why i rather let it rot for the crap it tried to pull. Your rationalization is good bro, fanboyism 101 right there. Why dont you go fuck yourself?

At least I'm not the edgy faggot with opinions and decisions of a 13 year old.
Actually, you are an apologetic faggot whose opinions and decisions are that of a 13 year old.

praetor

Arcane
wtf. what kind of mental gymnastics do you have to perform to get from "silly looking animations" to "cheating"?! that's some next level miyazaki fanboying. yes, the world is shit, the levels are kinda meh (in vanilla. the DLCs are at least as good as the best of DaS1, and 100 times better than everything in DeS except maybe 1-1 and 3-1, of which they're only slightly better), NPCs are mostly subpar, and the lore is mostly shit, but the actual gameplay, the combat, the meat of the game is fucking orders of magnitude better than DaS1, and it's an insult to even mention DeS in the same sentence.

Damned Registrations

Thats literally all dark souls is about, the game not cheating on your ass.
Sure, except for the mimics (don't give me that 'they move' bullshit, they do it way too infrequently, nobody sane spent 30 seconds staring at each chest they ever saw on the off chance it was alive, if you did you must have done the same for literally every other object in the game too) and the crumbling floor in Bed of Chaos, that death trap in the tomb of giants where you're immediately surrounded by like 3 giant skeletons, various pitfalls and traps in the catacombs, the boulder trap in Sen's changing direction of it's own volition when you cross invisible thresholds, toxin snipers in blight town you literally can't see, motherfucking invisible bridges over bottomless pits (nevermind the far worse bullshit of falling off a visible bridge because you stood on the left side rather than the right...)

Lhynn

Arcane
wtf. what kind of mental gymnastics do you have to perform to get from "silly looking animations" to "cheating"?! that's some next level miyazaki fanboying. yes, the world is shit, the levels are kinda meh (in vanilla. the DLCs are at least as good as the best of DaS1, and 100 times better than everything in DeS except maybe 1-1 and 3-1, of which they're only slightly better), NPCs are mostly subpar, and the lore is mostly shit, but the actual gameplay, the combat, the meat of the game is fucking orders of magnitude better than DaS1, and it's an insult to even mention DeS in the same sentence.
But i havent even played DS1 more than a couple hours, what kind of fanboyism do you mean? What kind of mental gymnastics are you performing to excuse such a lame ass shit? Theres no arguing with you pieces of crap and your fanboyism ways. This shit is shameful to witness as a member of this community and you should be banned for being an apologetic piece of shit much like the other retards.

Its downright vomit inducing that a melee hit can track you in an action rpg and nail you no matter where you are as long as you are within range. Fucking cocksuckers.

"buts its more challenging that way" "muh B team". fucking embarrassing, get your shit together.

Sure, except for the mimics (don't give me that 'they move' bullshit, they do it way too infrequently, nobody sane spent 30 seconds staring at each chest they ever saw on the off chance it was alive, if you did you must have done the same for literally every other object in the game too) and the crumbling floor in Bed of Chaos, that death trap in the tomb of giants where you're immediately surrounded by like 3 giant skeletons, various pitfalls and traps in the catacombs, the boulder trap in Sen's changing direction of it's own volition when you cross invisible thresholds, toxin snipers in blight town you literally can't see, motherfucking invisible bridges over bottomless pits (nevermind the far worse bullshit of falling off a visible bridge because you stood on the left side rather than the right...)
Dont put clever designed deathtraps together with attack tracking bro, you should know better than that, its not a roguelike, deathtraps are a perfectly valid design choice that reinforces the themes of the game. Also this is not a DS1 is better than DS2 rant, this is a "this game is objectively crap and this is why" rant.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
wtf. what kind of mental gymnastics do you have to perform to get from "silly looking animations" to "cheating"?! that's some next level miyazaki fanboying.
Even this is giving him too much credit. He just came across an enemy that he couldn't beat on his first attempt, and since the game was too hard for him he decided that it had to be cheating. Also, r00fles at 18/00 18 18 18 15 15 accusing anyone else of cheating.

Lhynn

Arcane
Even this is giving him too much credit. He just came across an enemy that he couldn't beat on his first attempt, and since the game was too hard for him he decided that it had to be cheating. Also, r00fles at 18/00 18 18 18 15 15 accusing anyone else of cheating.
Well, thats a great example of what you can expect to find in this thread. ad hominens and lies that are not proper of codexers in any way shape or form. Objectivity is out the windows with you shitty fanboys.

First, i had died a couple times before against other enemies but all of them were my own mistakes, i was fine with that, had beaten the giant below the elevator and all that crap. Game isnt hard, its an exercise on basic pattern recognition and nothing else.
But when the enemy did a vertical smash, and i wasnt where the weapon was suposed to land, but mid swing the enemy turned around, over 120 degrees without moving a single muscle and nailed me to the floor, thats when i just said "what the fuck?" and simply quit. That was beyond shitty, it was the single worst offense a game of this kind could do. It was a mortal sin that brands this game shit. It was a deliberate developmental choice and ill have none of this.

Funny thing is that actual codexers, not shitposters bottom of the barrel cucks like you, would crucify this game for that shit, as they have done in the past with other games. But you guys are too busy sucking cock to do something like being objective or critical.

Take it out of context more will you, you retarded asshole.
Dark souls as a series is predicated on fair challenge, but when reality bends to fuck the player over, thats when i call foul play. And this isnt a glitch either, this isnt something that gets fixed on the next version, id be totally fine with that, this was put there because the design team thought it was needed in the game. I realize coming here and telling the truth to a bunch of rabid fanboys is not the best idea, but i was expecting better from you lot.

Tehdagah

Arcane
Lhynn is actually right. Intuitive, well telegraphed attacks and consistent game rules don't mean "easier game"; it's a sign of quality.

But quitting a game because a single retarded moment is kinda radical, though.

Damned Registrations

He also seems to think that a non-telegraphed pitfall leading to certain death is somehow more fair than a badly telegraphed melee attack leading to severe injury.

Lhynn

Arcane
But quitting a game because a single retarded moment is kinda radical, though.
It was trolling, i actually quit because i didnt have the time to play it, still dont. i just wanted to see their reaction. Thoroughly disappointed with it.
Was expecting a "well, yeah bro, game is flawed, deal with it", instead of the fanboy rage. I did have fun with this tho.

He also seems to think that a non-telegraphed pitfall leading to certain death is somehow more fair than a badly telegraphed melee attack leading to severe injury.
I do find it preferable, tho not necessarily good, risky exploration is good in a game where exploration is needed but discouraged, which is how it seems to work here. You want whats on the other side of the chasm, do you dare risk it? tho the execution leaves much to be desired. Stalker did navigating in dangerous areas well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom