Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Dark Souls 3

Silverfish

Arbiter
If it's any consolation, said underground area is a great place to collect some upgrade materials early, but is otherwise pretty lacking for worthwhile content.

Did I mention Dark Souls 3 is too popamole? Finally made it into Irithyl, holy fuck those knights are triggering.

I sorta got their rhythm down (roll twice to avoid their two superfast attacks, and then hit them with a nice great mace 2-hit combo), but every once in a while they do something unpredictable and then good fucking luck. One shot death every time, from insta-attacks. While their butt-firebreath buddies cast spells from behind. What a clusterfuck.

Ysaye

Arbiter
Did I mention Dark Souls 3 is too popamole? Finally made it into Irithyl, holy fuck those knights are triggering.

I sorta got their rhythm down (roll twice to avoid their two superfast attacks, and then hit them with a nice great mace 2-hit combo), but every once in a while they do something unpredictable and then good fucking luck. One shot death every time, from insta-attacks. While their butt-firebreath buddies cast spells from behind. What a clusterfuck.

Hmmm...getting close to the Pontiff fight!

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

But that's one of the best parts, you just need to avoid panic-rolling as much as possible. The real clusterfuck moment in DS3 is when you try to fight all the crabs at once in Smouldering Lake.

Silverfish

Arbiter
Nah, that's easy. Just leave the giant harpoon launcher in that area active and lure them into range.

Ok, made it to Pontfuck Sulliedweathervane. First fight was pretty funny, i thought to myself everyone was predicting this guy to be a nightmare, but how bad could he be... He starts attacking, I start rolling, waiting for him to stop so I can get a hit in. Waiting... Waiting... waiting... motherfucker just keeps going round and round like a meat grinder. Good design there, From...

Deflowerer

Arcane
Ok, made it to Pontfuck Sulliedweathervane. First fight was pretty funny, i thought to myself everyone was predicting this guy to be a nightmare, but how bad could he be... He starts attacking, I start rolling, waiting for him to stop so I can get a hit in. Waiting... Waiting... waiting... motherfucker just keeps going round and round like a meat grinder. Good design there, From...

Gather ye, oh fools of the Codex, to hear a tale of mighty Porky bludgeoning Pontifuck Sullivan in the snout!

I tried rolling with him, but I just find it impossible. I mean I can roll through most of his attacks, but it's hitting him that's the problem. The fucker never stops attacking in 360 degree radius, and has very little tells on many attacks, so as soon as stop rolling for your life and commit to attacking, it's 50/50 if you are gonna eat some major damage.

So decided to go back to parrying. Finally worked this time. Parried him twice in a row at the start, to eat 2/3rds of his rotten health. Then, I waited till his buttboy arrived, and just went to town, 3 straight hit combo took his sidekick out. Then I kinda panic rolled once, and ate some serious damage, but got through it, and then 2 perfectly timed rolls to get away from his attacks, and 2 hits finished him off. Take that PONTIFUCK!!!!!

Dark Souls 3 is so fucking punishing compared to earlier DS games:

- sick and tired of those sparkling furries that drop twinkling titanite always setting you up for a quick death, like one where if you hit it with a horizontal blow, it hits the giant sleeping next to it, or one that has a hard to see hole in the floor between you and it
- fucking mimics, one bite and you are dead, or those blobs that fall on your head from the ceiling, if I recall correctly, in earlier games, they d just take most of your health, here, always death
- running to fight some gargoyle on a bridge, boom, some asshole mage fireballs me from the side, pushing me off the bridge.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
- sick and tired of those sparkling furries that drop twinkling titanite always setting you up for a quick death, like one where if you hit it with a horizontal blow, it hits the giant sleeping next to it, or one that has a hard to see hole in the floor between you and it
Just... don't run behind them like an idiot. Try to study the environment before making your move.

- fucking mimics, one bite and you are dead, or those blobs that fall on your head from the ceiling, if I recall correctly, in earlier games, they d just take most of your health, here, always death
Mimics hit hard, but they all have the same exact moveset. After you fight the first, you are well equipped to deal with the rest of them without taking a single hit.

If you get shotted by the slimes dropping from the ceiling, either you are severely underleveled for that area or you are running around naked with half your health.

Wunderbar

Arcane
DS3 isn't as punishing as DS1-2.
Bonfires are in abundance, you lose nothing except for a bunch of souls and who gives a shit about souls (while in DS1 you could catch a curse and in DS2 your health deteriorated after each death). There is no such thing as "sin", you can just go to a statue and pay an indulgence. You can't kill old woman merchant, she respawns after death so you can't get yourself locked out of her wares. There are much less traps or environmental hazards.

DS3 is harder for wrong reasons, it's just enemies deal a ton of damage, attack unrelentlessly and try to catch you off guard with tricky delayed moves.

Last edited:
And now, brought to you by Porky productions, here's another video of Porky destroying the most retardedly stupid boss in the game:

The only nice thing about this mother was that I started using the giant machete he drops. Hardest hitting physical weapon in the game.

Wow, been fighting Aldrich today, what a tarded boss. Got him almost down a few times, but he always manages to fuck me over with some stupid bullshit.

His retardation is a combination of:

- his giant size and whacky movement, making the camera iffy cause half the time you can't see him very well
- the constant spammathon of various attacks and spells, so you simultaneously have to be dodging multiple shit
- the fucking tracking on those dumbass arrow rains and the duration, holy shit so aggravating
- his escape actually having an insta-kill effect if you dont dodge out the way: yeah, fucknut, hit him one time too many, dead

Silverfish

Arbiter
I don't know if it's any help, but his giant size and his insta-kill escape work together to your benefit. Stick to his tail(?) whenever he stops moving and the aoe will either be too far to hit you or you'll have more than enough time to react to it. The magic spam is annoying, but stay close to one of the pillars whenever he disappears and then pops back up. Wait out the small orbs (they can't go through the pillars) and dodge the big shots as you close the gap. The arrow rain is the worst, but he usually (not a given though) doesn't spam his other stuff that much while you're outrunning them. Alternatively, the arrows can be avoided altogether by running around him just as he starts firing, but I've never found any way to do it consistently.

Holy shit, finaaaaaallly took out Aldrich after like 2 days of trying. But this was hilarious. See the video below. I kill him finally using uncanny skillz and git gudness, but after he dies, another fucking volley of those blue shits goes out, and I am not even paying attention anymore, because the win screen went up, so they killed me. Haha. The cutscene played anyway, and I got his Soul, but I lost all the souls he actually dropped, like 50k worth. What a fucking asshole boss, even in death he screws me.

Aldrich the Bitch took over from Pontifuck as my most hated DS3 boss. Can't wait for Tiny Dancer, Ocelot, and Nameless Cunt.

Fighting Old Demon King now. Another shit boss. His fucking body literally blocks you in and prevents rolling. I got stuck between his legs and couldnt roll out, and he roasted me to death. Got him down to 5% health once, but of course the cheap shit kicks in, and he insta kills you by shitting out some fire from his arse when you are behind him.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
If you get shotted by the slimes dropping from the ceiling, either you are severely underleveled for that area or you are running around naked with half your health.
Qr3CE7N.png

And this is how I finished Dark Souls 3, keyboard only.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I've spent like 5 hours on Friede but I cannot beat her at lvl 35.

I know I'm retarded cause the boss is for lvl 100+ but I really tried. I managed to get to mid of phase two but that's insane. There is no opening.

I would beat the shit out of her if I had a non retarded companion. I swear summoning Gael is just From SW trolling the players. He is useless.

Jokzore

Arbiter
First of all, yes, you're absolutely retarded for fighting one of the hardest bosses in the game at a low level.

However if you're feeling masochistic, she staggers very easily, so if you have something heavy to hit her with, that'll do the trick.

If you're having trouble in phase 2 you're doing something terribly wrong, phase 2 is the easiest, ignore frieda, bait Daddy-A's attacks and spank his ass.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom