Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Dark Souls 3

Wunderbar

Arcane
Nevermind, turns out I just need to clean some dust off.
Yesterday the game ran smoothly, now I load and it starts stuttering at Firelink Shrine, and everywhere else as well.
it's a karmic punishment for skipping Dark Souls 2.
Funny you mention that, since I put so much time in configuring controls to even start playing that fucker, I got caught into sunk cost and hesitated to delete the game. Just for the occasion, I may try out magic run, since the game gives no mercy :P
DS2 magic isn't as OP as it was in Dark Souls 1. You want to breeze through the game? Try powerstancing two maces.

Silva

Arcane
Max Damage , don't feel bad for dropping DS2. It's really shit.

If you stick with DS3, have in mind it's also shit... but at least it has great bosses (and arguably better levels and lore). But it only gets speed in the later half and DLCs.

Last edited:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
With Sekiro's critical reception and Elden Ring's unreasonable success, we are probably never going to see another Dark Souls ever again. The real question is if they will scrap whatever project they might have been working on alongside ER to focus their efforts on this messiah of a franchise they have in their hands.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Dark Souls 3 was the end of that series as such. The world had degenerated to its natural conclusion, so anything called DS4 would involve a new world anyway and possibly new mechanics rather than linking the fire. As a result, if they came out and said ER really is DS4, I think that would be plausible.

Either way, most of the commentary I've seen that was looking at Japanese interviews, etc. had the impression that ER was being talked up as the new franchise and DS3 marked the end of that one. It strikes me that you don't pay a high profile writer to create a backstory for your setting with the idea that you'll have one game that uses it and call it a day.

Max Damage

Savant
If they ever get around making DS4, I hope they stop bringing in characters from first DS. Memberberries are cringe and cheapen the experience.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
With Elden ring off their way, has Fromsoft started working on Dark souls 4?
Pretty sure Miyazaki said that DS3 is the last game in the franchise.
Which is why it's a pity that they basically made a Bloodborne mod.
In his last major interview where he talked about it, he said he considers his work on the series done and there are no plans to revive it, but he wouldn't be opposed to see others at FS work on it.

Silva

Arcane
Dark Souls 3 was the end of that series as such. The world had degenerated to its natural conclusion, so anything called DS4 would involve a new world anyway and possibly new mechanics rather than linking the fire
DS4 could happen in the Age of Dark with Kaathe as the new god. The new "Chosen one" goal would be snuffing embers to avoid a new kindling of the fire. Or the player begins in the new painted world and has to go out to brave the darkness and link the fire again. There's a bazillion possibilities, really.

The questions is: are they ready to revamp the combat system? If not - aka if Elden Ring spasm shitstorm is what they want - let the series die already.

Max Damage

Savant
Just beat Crystal Sage, got to say, I really hate these kind of boss fights where you fight camera + luck on top. You can go from full health to dead in a blink of eye, holy crap.

Caim

Arcane
Just beat Crystal Sage, got to say, I really hate these kind of boss fights where you fight camera + luck on top. You can go from full health to dead in a blink of eye, holy crap.
You can roll through the crystals that spawn to decrease the number of clones he creates.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
You can roll through the crystals that spawn to decrease the number of clones he creates.
WHAT

a8a5ba6ba0885b04de3be6717ffc1667123921e4.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom