Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Dark Souls 3

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Not so different from higher physical KS tiers.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
In KS you are supporting game before it's done. There you are milked dry.

Alfons

Prophet
Hopefully this will happen with DS3

Fucking Foxeo. One of the biggest faggots to ever be associated with video games. As much as the guy tries to pass off as a level headed intellectual he sure acts like a whiny pussy who can't stand criticism or an opposing opinion.

His banning policy isn't far off from the average SJW. I got banned for pointing out how obscure the rules about banning are. :lol:

janior

Arcane
Patron
Fucking Foxeo. One of the biggest faggots to ever be associated with video games. As much as the guy tries to pass off as a level headed intellectual he sure acts like a whiny pussy who can't stand criticism or an opposing opinion.

His banning policy isn't far off from the average SJW. I got banned for pointing out how obscure the rules about banning are. :lol:
But he is right about alot of things associated with Dark Souls. I don't really care about his ban polices, it's his channel so he can do as he pleases.

Alfons

Prophet
But he is right about alot of things associated with Dark Souls. I don't really care about his ban polices, it's his channel so he can do as he pleases.
He's right but so what? All he's doing is preaching to the choir. The people who agree with him already know all this shit, the people who don't often get banned before any sort of real discussion gets going. That what makes him and his videos such a fucking joke.

janior

Arcane
Patron
He's right but so what? All he's doing is preaching to the choir. The people who agree with him already know all this shit, the people who don't often get banned before any sort of real discussion gets going. That what makes him and his videos such a fucking joke.

still best souls related channel on youtube, who gives a shit about comment section anyways

Alfons

Prophet
still best souls related channel on youtube, who gives a shit about comment section anyways
The guy is a shitty player, he's personality is boring, and he's as smart as an average person. All he does is try to pass off common sense as some kind of secret knowledge he figured out because he's so enlightened, and he sucks at that too.

Murk

Arcane
Well, at least now if it isn't perfect, the fanboys will know it was cuz Miyazaki wasn't there from the very start.. or some shit.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dark-souls-3-interview-it-wouldnt-be-right-to-cont/1100-6432425/

Q: Over the last few years we've had a lot of Souls games: Dark Souls 2, Scholar of the First Sin, Bloodborne. Is there a worry that people may be over-exposed to the franchise?

A: It'd be a lie if I said I have no concerns about that. I don't think it'd be the right choice to continue indefinitely creating Souls and Bloodborne games. I'm considering Dark Souls 3 to be the big closure on the series. That's not just limited to me, but From Software and myself together want to aggressively make new things in the future. Dark Souls 3 will mark the last game where the development project began before I became president. The next title will be a game that was conceived while I was president. I believe that From Software has to create new things. There will be new types of games coming from us, and Dark Souls 3 is an important marker in the evolution of From Software.

Shammy

Learned
Seems like a smart move. Granted they could still make Souls-esque games, but I'm glad they decided to not over bloat the franchise. Now hopefully 3 is a worthy closure to it as well.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
It just means the next game will be King's Field again. Or they'll rebrand again. Whatever. Either way I doubt he's dumb enough to actually piss away years of successful design philosophy just for the sake of not being 'stale'.

Then again maybe he'll dump everything into developing some MMO or someshit and burn the company into the ground. That shit almost always comes out of nowhere anyways.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It just means the next game will be King's Field again. Or they'll rebrand again. Whatever. Either way I doubt he's dumb enough to actually piss away years of successful design philosophy just for the sake of not being 'stale'.

Then again maybe he'll dump everything into developing some MMO or someshit and burn the company into the ground. That shit almost always comes out of nowhere anyways.
Or perhaps they'll make Tenchu: Prepare to Die Edition. People still like ninjas, right?

Caconym

Augur
If you could take over any game franchise and had unlimited budget, which would you pick?

[...]
Wow. Ultima Online or EverQuest.

That'd be great. But seriously, The Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver. Please get to work on that.

[Laughs] Ok. Ok.

Oh actually, I really look up to The Elder Scrolls, I find it very inspiring.

Are you playing Fallout 4?

As a game, I found Fallout 3 to be very interesting, but I like fantasy. I tend to gravitate towards Oblivion more.
:prosper:

DramaticPopcorn

kGHayGH.jpg
Wait, Lord of Cinder? is this Gwyn? Im confuse

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Probably it's just some other entity that inherited Gwyn's portfolio. Isn't DaS3 about wrapping up the whole creation cycle myth of the Dark Souls series?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom