Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Dead State: Reanimated

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Really stupid question, but looking at the basketball court pic on GOG: are the faces procedurally generated from parts (a la Battle Brothers) or are these characters all just similar in appearance?

The portraits? Those are unique (those were one of the first portraits, so they do have the "sameness" factor, later ones were made differently), but the main character faces were generated from parts.

Deleted member 7219

First impressions.

I like the idea of having a home base to defend and upgrade during a zombie apocalypse. Feels a bit more World War Z / Zombie Survival Guide (the books) than The Walking Dead or 28 Days Later.

Everything looks quite nice and detailed, actually. Artists have done a good job.

Went to the hardware store to pick up supplies, didn't have much trouble dispatching zombies but the woman I took with me (the trucker) got hurt so I used some of the medical supplies on her. Coming back, I stopped off in town for more stuff, mainly food and luxury items. I tried to get into a place that may have had more supplies but it was protected by a tough gang - I couldn't take them out. I tried many times but wasn't able to do it. I guess you aren't meant to be able to take on humans until later in the game.

I went home to base with a lot of food and luxury items, but not enough supplies to mend the fence. I'm not sure if I was meant to get everything on the first day, but so far the game feels pretty good and I'm looking forward to playing more. However, as a committed storyfag and dialogue whore, I'm not playing this for the combat or the looting.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
I went home to base with a lot of food and luxury items, but not enough supplies to mend the fence. I'm not sure if I was meant to get everything on the first day, but so far the game feels pretty good and I'm looking forward to playing more. However, as a committed storyfag and dialogue whore, I'm not playing this for the combat or the looting.

There should be enough parts in the Llano Hardware Store for that (especially you need the toolbox). Remember that you can highlight containers by pressing z.

Deleted member 7219

There should be enough parts in the Llano Hardware Store for that (especially you need the toolbox). Remember that you can highlight containers by pressing z.

I got the toolbox, I looted all the shelves in the store (and used the Z key), I also bashed in the door to the locked room and I looted all the cars in the street, in the car park behind the store, and I looted everything in the burger bar. And I don't have all the parts.

I'm on 72/100, is that what you mean by enough parts?

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Fixed on our end, we'll be uploading it soon.
your manual still mentions damage type in description of weapons, which isn't there, plus damage rolls for melee weapons do not take strength into account (or do it differently on weapon descriptions in inv and outside inv)
str10 char with max melee and bowie knife:
dmg range on hand card: 23-37
dmg range in inventory: 16-30
actual damage rolls against unarmored noob area zombie: 18, 22, 18, 20, 20, crit 50, 17, 16, 24, 22

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Fixed on our end, we'll be uploading it soon.
your manual still mentions damage type in description of weapons, which isn't there, plus damage rolls for melee weapons do not take strength into account (or do it differently on weapon descriptions in inv and outside inv)
str10 char with max melee and bowie knife:
dmg range on hand card: 23-37
dmg range in inventory: 16-30
actual damage rolls against unarmored noob area zombie: 18, 22, 18, 20, 20, crit 50, 17, 16, 24, 22

Will check out the damage range one. Thanks!

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
some more info:
dead man: 18, 22, 18, 20
rotting female: 20, crit 50,
putrid woman: 17, 16, 24, 22
smelling corpse: 23, 32, 34
female corpse: 28, 31, 33
dead looter: 30, 22

it's weird. since the series doesn't fit either range. it's almost like you have different ranges against different individual enemies, even though they are all just different flavors of unarmored noob zombie. added some more and what type of zombie it was.

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
I tried to get into a place that may have had more supplies but it was protected by a tough gang - I couldn't take them out. I tried many times but wasn't able to do it. I guess you aren't meant to be able to take on humans until later in the game.

Were there three dudes, one of them had a gun 'n shit? I sorta just stumbled on them, managed to kill them all, but just barely, my PC was at 1/100 at the end of the fight.:D Scored a couple nice items at least.

Went back to the base after that, saved & exited the game. Will definitely play more tomorrow!<3

Multi-headed Cow

So Dead State is released before AoD?

The wonders of funding.
Did DS end up with more money than AoD's preorders? That's... uh... Kind of a shame, given the shape of the two games in early access. DS isn't a complete mess and I'm looking forward to playing it tomorrow (Or tonight if there's a midnight release (AND WHY WOULDN'T THERE BE)) but it's certainly no AoD.

Probably gonna fuck with streaming DS too so people can watch me get enraged at single-file hallways and engorged at everyone asking for deodorant. Yase. Yaaaaase.
link that shite
http://www.twitch.tv/m_hc

Gonna be playing it off and on since I'm not able to poopsock a game for 5 hours straight.

Edit: And now it crashes instantly when I go to the load menu. HM!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Changelog of release version:

Dead State v.1.0 - Changelog

Added endings!
Added primary achievements, more soon!
Added correctly sized GUIs for all screen resolutions.
Improved and added GUI elements, such as the proper Memorial Wall, Suggestion Box, and Pop-Up GUIs.
Added ranged weapon mod jobs.
Added car upgrade jobs.
Added car trunk functionality.
Improved and fixed loot, art, combat, and more on many levels.
Improved and fixed many dialogues.
Improved and fixed multiple ally perks and traits.
Added remaining data items.
Fixed ‘instant item creation’ bug.
Fixed combat soft locks related to AI weapon switching.
Fixed missing or incorrect armor effects.
Fixed player character receiving infected status - now 100% immune.
Added special song to ending credits.
Capped ally mood maximum values.
Fixed a crash that occurred during pathfinding.
Adjusted job board hours to only track hours that can be worked, not overall time to completion.
Adjusted balance of morale and daily morale drain - This is ongoing and will continue to be refined.
Fixed several issues related to AI and the use of stairs.
Enemy AI has been taught how to use thrown weapons and grenades.
Added a greater variety of portraits to chose from in Character Creation. (Custom Portraits are still WIP.)
Fence is now fully healed when selecting the Mechanical 10 perk.
Fixed issue with triggered events on some levels.
Generator will now work if fueled by 8AM.
Based on community feedback, the Shelter generator can now be turned off by interacting with it in the basement.
Improved visuals on grenade weapons.
Reduced parts output of the Recycler upgrade.
Allies attacked by the player will now fight back.
Changed the effects of “Doctor” and “Nurse” jobs to provide a flat bonus to healing rate.
Allies can now be assigned to rest in the Infirmary without a Doctor or Nurse on duty for a 10% per day healing boost.
Ally death reaction dialogues now trigger on returning to the Shelter.
Infected ally death scenes now play correctly.
Allies now react to attacking and killing neutral NPCs while scavenging. Reactions vary between allies and depending on who witnessed the killing, and may result in morale or mood loss.
Updated the game manual.
Fixed some issues with the tutorial text.
Ally inventory is no longer destroyed when allies are killed at the Shelter - their Inventory contents are now automatically moved to Shelter storage.
Max Getz is no longer available for talking between his arrival to the shelter and waking up.
Improved look of armors and weapons.
Final Music added to dialogues and levels.
Davis can now ration food for the shelter if asked.
Allies react to intra-party attacks.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
some more info:
dead man: 18, 22, 18, 20
rotting female: 20, crit 50,
putrid woman: 17, 16, 24, 22
smelling corpse: 23, 32, 34
female corpse: 28, 31, 33
dead looter: 30, 22

it's weird. since the series doesn't fit either range. it's almost like you have different ranges against different individual enemies, even though they are all just different flavors of unarmored noob zombie. added some more and what type of zombie it was.

Can you check the console.log after your gaming session? There's the info there on each hit, much more detailed.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Can you check the console.log after your gaming session? There's the info there on each hit, much more detailed.
lol @ 100+ mb textfile with 4mio lines...
ah, zombies get a 0.7 dmg multiplier... maybe it's just me, but if your main targets in the game are zombies, and they certainly are, since survivors and looters are less common and don't infinitely respawn from noise, i'd expect the damage to be reflective of the damage actually done against zombies...

dead man, no idea from where.
Test: Attack 1, attacker's data: dam_rng = 23-37, dam = 26
Test: --- Attack 1, hit attempt (46/100) ---
Test: Chars: Achlys (1) -> Dead Man (5002)
Test: Weapon: Bowie Knife (153)
Test: Attack: Basic Attack
Test: Pos: (86;42) -> (86;41)
Test: Hit result: hit.
Test: -----------------
Test: --- Attack 1, hit impact ---
Test: Victim's defense: 0.
Test: DamageType: 3
Test: Resistance: 0%
Test: Chance to score a critical = 10, roll = 46
Test: Critical: no.
Test: Damage (critical): 26.
Test: zModifier: 0.700000.
Test: Resisted damage: 0 ((0 victimDR ) -> [0; 26]).
Test: Final damage = 18.
Test: Dead Man is hit, 42 HP left.

rotting female, no idea from where
Test: Attack 5, attacker's data: dam_rng = 23-37, dam = 29
Test: --- Attack 5, hit attempt (24/100) ---
Test: Chars: Achlys (1) -> Rotting Female (5001)
Test: Pos: (81;46) -> (81;47)
Test: --- Attack 5, hit impact ---
Test: Chance to score a critical = 10, roll = 60
Test: Damage (critical): 29.
Test: Resisted damage: 0 ((0 victimDR ) -> [0; 29]).
Test: Final damage = 20.
Test: Rotting Female is hit, 40 HP left.

putrid woman, no idea from where, possibly side or front.
Test: Attack 7, attacker's data: dam_rng = 23-37, dam = 24
Test: --- Attack 7, hit attempt (80/100) ---
Test: Chars: Achlys (1) -> Putrid Woman (5005)
Test: Pos: (83;41) -> (84;41)
Test: --- Attack 7, hit impact ---
Test: Chance to score a critical = 10, roll = 53
Test: Damage (critical): 24.
Test: Resisted damage: 0 ((0 victimDR ) -> [0; 24]).
Test: Final damage = 17.
Test: Putrid Woman is hit, 43 HP left.
so those had the handcard dmg range, but rolls were reduced to 70%, because reasons.

the next three are all from behind (they are the ones standing in front of the hostile survivor house in the residential map near first store)
range has str bonus applied twice, it seems:
smelling corpse
Test: Attack 11, attacker's data: dam_rng = 30-48, dam = 33
Test: --- Attack 11, hit attempt (66/100) ---
Test: Chars: Achlys (1) -> Smelling Corpse (5007)
Test: Pos: (68;76) -> (68;77)
Test: --- Attack 11, hit impact ---
Test: Chance to score a critical = 10, roll = 17
Test: Damage (critical): 33.
Test: Resisted damage: 0 ((0 victimDR ) -> [0; 33]).
Test: Final damage = 23.
Test: Smelling Corpse is hit, 47 HP left.

female corpse
Test: Attack 14, attacker's data: dam_rng = 30-48, dam = 40
Test: --- Attack 14, hit attempt (10/100) ---
Test: Chars: Achlys (1) -> Female Corpse (5004)
Test: Pos: (61;76) -> (61;77)
Test: --- Attack 14, hit impact ---
Test: Chance to score a critical = 10, roll = 45
Test: Damage (critical): 40.
Test: Resisted damage: 0 ((0 victimDR ) -> [0; 40]).
Test: Final damage = 28.
Test: Female Corpse is hit, 32 HP left.

dead looter
Test: Attack 17, attacker's data: dam_rng = 30-48, dam = 43
Test: --- Attack 17, hit attempt (58/100) ---
Test: Chars: Achlys (1) -> Dead Looter (5013)
Test: Pos: (60;76) -> (60;77)
Test: --- Attack 17, hit impact ---
Test: Chance to score a critical = 10, roll = 16
Test: Damage (critical): 43.
Test: Resisted damage: 0 ((0 victimDR ) -> [0; 43]).
Test: Final damage = 30.
Test: Dead Looter is hit, 20 HP left.
so attacks from behind increase damage and not just hit chance, and all zombies have inherent damage reduction... pretty sure that will cause confusion with some more people when they notice that they are getting damage results below minimum of their weapon ranges.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
lol @ 100+ mb textfile with 4mio lines...
ah, zombies get a 0.7 dmg multiplier... maybe it's just me, but if your main targets in the game are zombies, and they certainly are, since survivors and looters are less common and don't infinitely respawn from noise, i'd expect the damage to be reflective of the damage actually done against zombies...

Slashing and piercing weapons have a penalty against zombies, while bludgeoning ones get a bonus. Try a crowbar ;)

We are working on expanding the weapon properties descriptions so you can take advantage of that.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
if the zModifier is the actual resistance to dmg type, what do you have an additional resistance value for, then? seems like it's just adding useless clutter.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
if the zModifier is the actual resistance to dmg type, what do you have an additional resistance value for, then? seems like it's just adding useless clutter.

The resistance one is from armors, which is for human enemies. Basically:

Zombies: Inherent resistance/weakness to different weapons.
Humans: Resistances derived from armor (plus slashing works great against humans since they can inflict the bleeding status).

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Had no idea this was finally out. God damn am I behind on new shit. Wasteland 2, Divinity OS and now Dead State all waiting for me.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Had no idea this was finally out. God damn am I behind on new shit. Wasteland 2, Divinity OS and now Dead State all waiting for me.
i still can't bring myself to actually play wl2 due to the thought of having to replay ag center in either state...

Multi-headed Cow

Firing it back up, probably will play longer this stretch.

Figured out what was causing the constant crashing by clicking load. When I started the game up first time after it went to version 1.0 I was deleting the invalid saves from early access. For whatever reason the game would crash every time I hit load if there wasn't a save in there. Saving it this time seems to have calmed it.
Had one weird issue where zambies were stacking up in one space when they shouldn't be. Was sorta fiddly but I figured the weird position (Kinda lower-left on the legs) to let me click them.

Other than those two issues things are chugging along fine, apart from me forgetting to save on my first character and getting ded, then my second character having some amazing luck (Missing two 70% hit chances in a row and then zombies landing two grapple-attacks back to back) to fuck myself up early on.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer

Firing it back up, probably will play longer this stretch.

Figured out what was causing the constant crashing by clicking load. When I started the game up first time after it went to version 1.0 I was deleting the invalid saves from early access. For whatever reason the game would crash every time I hit load if there wasn't a save in there. Saving it this time seems to have calmed it.
Had one weird issue where zambies were stacking up in one space when they shouldn't be. Was sorta fiddly but I figured the weird position (Kinda lower-left on the legs) to let me click them.

Other than those two issues things are chugging along fine, apart from me forgetting to save on my first character and getting ded, then my second character having some amazing luck (Missing two 70% hit chances in a row and then zombies landing two grapple-attacks back to back) to fuck myself up early on.

Cool, watching it! We will be releasing a patch tomorrow, hopefully, which fixes to crash on empty load screen and has many improvements to pathfinding.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Twitch is constantly buffering for me lately (Fios 50mbps so not my internet) so I can barely watch the stream, but what I did watch looked great.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom