Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dear Lord is General Discussion for real?

Lumpy

Arcane
I mean GD and the new Wealth of Nations forum - the fuck? Are those guys trolling, or is RPGCodex genuinely host to an exceptional concentration of every conceivable form of bigotry?
I remembered people used to be rather liberal, with the exception of monocled guys like Lyric Suite, and circus freaks like nomask. Now, these FretRider and HHR fellows seem to be fairly mainstream. Am I getting the wrong impression?

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
I mean GD and the new Wealth of Nations forum - the fuck? Are those guys trolling, or is RPGCodex genuinely host to an exceptional concentration of every conceivable form of bigotry?
I remembered people used to be rather liberal, with the exception of monocled guys like Lyric Suite, and circus freaks like nomask. Now, these FretRider and HHR fellows seem to be fairly mainstream. Am I getting the wrong impression?
Indeed, that politics forum is our ghetto for morons such as fredrider and commisar dumbo, where they suck up each other's dicks (and brofist their anuses). a horrible sight. avoid it like the plague.

mondblut

Arcane
While HHR and Fartrider are stupid christards, having "every conceivable form of bigotry" onboard is nothing short of awesome.

Kodex Ist Krieg. Kodex Ist Hass.

Unwanted

bot

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Queued
It's a great opportunity to test if when you"gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you". Having noticed your avatar, though, I think I know what's the answer for you.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
November, 2012.
RPGCodex; a prestigious gaming magazine finally starting to recover after the great gaming journalism scandal.
Moderator Trash accepts a strange request from a poster in General Discussion.

"I want you to look for something. Me. My true self."

Meanwhile, a series of bizarre trolling is plaguing the area, one where posters are disappearing, only to turn up dead and maimed with their dicks torn out. Seeking assistance on the case, Admin DarkUnderlord called up his old friend and former coworker, Trash.

The post count continues to rise.
What should be a simple search for some trolls is starting to grow out of control.
For some reason, the number of missing people and unidentified bodies don't match up.

Who will be chosen as the next victim?

As the endless cycle of tragedy continues, what mysteries lie behind these new cases? Behind a similar series of trolling from six years ago?

Don't take it as being 'for real' in the sense of 'being a real reflection of the views of posters on average'. I'd say this place probably has more bigots than most, but the same could be said for virtually all gaming sites if the moderation was lifted (consider the average age, gender balance, internet being internet, slight tendency of gamers towards misanthropy, etc). Most of the GD posters don't contribute to rpg discussion forums, and plenty aren't even into crpgs (of any era) but merely use the GD forum as an unmoderated playground. We've discussed the issue of wtf to do with them many times, and whilst I've consistently advocated turfing the lot of them (or maybe placing a ban on all those who lack at least a 1:4 ratio of rpg posts to GD posts, whilst also enforcing forum topic rules) the majority has long taken the view that having a GD 'playground' keeps most of the trolls out of the gaming discussion fora.

Don't think of GD as 'the Codex having a general discussion' - it's more of a zoo where we allow political nutjobs to roam in a microcosm of their natural environment, while the rest of us enjoy the view and are very thankful for the wire mesh that stops the monkeys from hitting us with their poop.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
4228.jpg

Calls people Bigots on forum where according to polls :codexisfor:are 66% and every day is with threads from educated and enlightened types like Quetzacoatl :lol: full of :butthurt: of FretRider, gloryfing cultures and religions practiscing human sacrifices (same poster), posting those humorous pedophile jokes (ironyuri), threads which devolves to rampant Dawkinism worship, religion bashing (Morgoth) and Suomi chauvinism (Varna among many others). Where can I learn to be such tolerant and un bigoted type like you Guys? :hearnoevil:

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Okay, let's look at the Ignore List to see who is and who is not mainstream:

There are 18 people ignoring Commissar Draco, including the nice guys such as Awor, Surf Solar, Baron, and Krash.

There are 32 people ignoring FretRider, including other nice folk such as Kaiserin, Mangoose, RK47, Morkar, Jack, and GarfunkeL.

They are ignored by the most easygoing of posters who generally don't ignore too many people.

By comparison, let's look at the moderates.

There are only 4 people ignoring Job Creator. Only 4 people ignoring herostratus. About 9 people ignoring Kz3r0. And just 3 people ignoring Vaarna Aarne and ironyuri, whom the extremists often consider their arch-enemy.

So the crazy guys are marginalized, and pushed deeper into their own tiny echo chamber. The Codex didn't suddenly start encouraging the crazies.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014

There are 18 people ignoring Commissar Draco, including the nice guys such as Awor, Surf Solar, Baron, and Krash.

There are 32 people ignoring FretRider, including other nice folk such as Kaiserin, Mangoose, RK47, Morkar, Jack, and GarfunkeL.

They are ignored by the most easygoing of posters who generally don't ignore too many people.

By comparison, let's look at the moderates.

There are only 4 people ignoring Job Creator. Only 4 people ignoring herostratus. About 9 people ignoring Kz3r0. And just 3 people ignoring Vaarna Aarne and ironyuri, whom the extremists often consider their arch-enemy.

So the crazy guys are marginalized, and pushed deeper into their own tiny echo chamber. The Codex didn't suddenly start encouraging the crazies.

this
people who actually hold a different opinion based on something can be discussed with
retards and trolls just go to the ignore room

Phelot

Arcane
This site does overreact to the few conservative posters here. It is basically FretRider, HHR, and Commisar Draco who no one really listens to anyway (Sorry bro :( ) and even the older right-wing fringe like nomask or LS are more mild than they've been in the past. Neither even takes themselves too seriously anymore and are great sports.

Anyway, the result of this? Threads like these claiming there is some kind of epidemic. Honestly, just taking a look at the politics forum right now, I see an anti-Muslim thread started by Morgoth and another started by TripJack neither of which are considered right wing and neither of which are being complained about.

Phelot

Arcane

I object to this.

Awor is on the verge of going on a shooting spree. SurfSolar has severe and alien views of women. Baron makes fun of TBS a lot and Krash is a capitalist apologist. These aren't nice people, they are dangerous people.

:lol: nice people?! Seriously? Kaiserin kicked SMA out of her house, Mangoose is obsessed with weight lifting and PUA's, RK47 has lurid fantasies about his sister, Morkar is German, Jack... I don't know, and Garfunkel is a know it all blowhard that was wrong about Libya.

You've got to be kidding me. These aren't "good" people.

Herostratus is a Swedish nationalist. Yeah, what a nice guy. Kz3r0 speaks only in pictures, so who knows what he really stands for. Ironyuri is a curse spewing extremist while Vaarna is a self-hating Russian. Yeah, really moderate guys.

You know what's crazy, Wyrmlord? You're crazy. Everyday you change your position on a subject and every day you make more outlandish claims. Give it a rest, pal.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Awor is on the verge of going on a shooting spree. SurfSolar has severe and alien views of women. Baron makes fun of TBS a lot and Krash is a capitalist apologist. These aren't nice people, they are dangerous people.
:lol: :love:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom