Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decent to play Flash games

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Must be reading my mind, I've been playing Elona Shooter a lot lately using school computers.

Also, bad news:
All the other games of its creator, pseudowolf, are just as good. He has a 30+ hour jRPG called Mardek 3 that actually has a lot of things going for it, including character customization and humor, and Raider: Episode 1 & 2, a brand of tough platformers.

New footage of "Mardek IV" that might invalidate that statement:
mivss506.png

I lost the quote, but I've read that you don't kill anything in this reboot but pacify them. Removing the evil in it or whatever. And yes, every character does have that tumblr runny nose thing going on. Oh, the decline.

Unrelated, but I've been looking for this 2D browser shooter that somebody recommended here on the Codex. It was likened to have similar aesthetics to Quake, and had low-quality pixels and lots of gore. I don't remember the name, though. A pity, I remember it being really difficult but fun.

It's not actually Mardek 4 (yet), he's remaking the whole thing. I read a few of his blog entries, and it reads like he's gone completely off the deep end. I guess that happens when a person changes so much from when he made the originals, but it feels like a shame; I really liked the games (I even contemplated LPing at at some stage). I mean, it might even be decent once you get past it being completely different, but... I'm not holding much hope. Those weird furry-human hybrids he has going on, though, I don't think will ever sit right.

On a different note, though not a Flash game, I'd like to recommend Sarah's Run. It's a 3D puzzle platformer that I played a couple of times and, while just essentially a demo of something that's probably dead, I thought it was pretty good. Just... uh... don't look too deeply into the developer.

Siveon

Bot
It's not actually Mardek 4 (yet), he's remaking the whole thing. I read a few of his blog entries, and it reads like he's gone completely off the deep end. I guess that happens when a person changes so much from when he made the originals, but it feels like a shame; I really liked the games (I even contemplated LPing at at some stage). I mean, it might even be decent once you get past it being completely different, but... I'm not holding much hope. Those weird furry-human hybrids he has going on, though, I don't think will ever sit right.

I know it's not Mardek 4, I'm just making fun of what he first referred to it as on his blog. Really disingenuous.

The overworld sprites are just terrible too, I think only the Mother series could pull off that kind of comically big head style. Here, it's too detailed and weird.

lightbane

Arcane
:what:
Jesus, I remember playing the first Mardek game ages ago. I never knew there were sequels. In one hand, I have to say the man deserves some recognition for still giving some of his time to develop this Flash-game series after so long. On the other hand, yes, these Mother-like graphics are quite odd (although, IIRC, the first game's graphics were even worse, everyone looked like an ugly dude with a giant mug, women included :lol:).

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
Must

Unrelated, but I've been looking for this 2D browser shooter that somebody recommended here on the Codex. It was likened to have similar aesthetics to Quake, and had low-quality pixels and lots of gore. I don't remember the name, though. A pity, I remember it being really difficult but fun.

BRO ITD BUTCHER

baturinsky

Arcane
Flash games are consumed by Facebook-style idlers now:( Only good thing about them (compared to FB) is that they don't have "social element".

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy

Enjoy it now, I'm sure the site will be shut down as soon as a few Publishers spot it.

61907133.jpg

I haven't bothered with Flash games since the plug-in became the world's most diseased whore, which is a damn shame.

But two 'gems' from the past must be kept alive due to their nature:

http://www.rrrrthats5rs.com/games/dont-shoot-the-puppy/ <- Title says it all.

https://www.kongregate.com/games/rete/dont-shit-your-pants < - Title says it all. You need to get creative to win.

Siveon

Bot
I feel the need to plug a project that I'm slightly invested in.

It's a flash game archive that's downloadable, so you don't have to worry about viruses or the eventual shutdown. There's also HTML5, Shockwave and some Unity engine games too, as well as some older Flash videos. There's a lot of effort put into it, especially since a lot of flash games weren't built to be played offline.

hoothoot

Arcane
Patron
There is some good flash games out there. Reminds me of Warcraft III custom maps in a way, lots of labours of love and sometimes can find games that really wow you.

Siveon

Bot
There is some good flash games out there. Reminds me of Warcraft III custom maps in a way, lots of labours of love and sometimes can find games that really wow you.
It's true, since many were not built with monetization in mind, you have a lot of sharerware quality stuff you couldn't find elsewhere.

If you see something missing, something not working or maybe want to have your own playlist of games featured in the program, feel free to join the Flashpoint discord, which is where all of it is somehow handled. The guy in charge spends like most of his weeks coordinating it. I didn't think it would get this far. Granted, it only got this far as soon as they got some programmers on board, lol.

Also for anyone wondering... yes it does include adult stuff as well.

Siveon

Bot
I guess since the thread updated I should mention that Flashpoint is still being updated to include java games, flash movies (Homestar Runner), and there's a joint project to get those java phone games running again (TES Travels lol).

hoothoot

Arcane
Patron
True heroes dont wear capes

:salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom