Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 15: Underwater Friends

• EA UW, I want Therodos to suffer

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • MA UW, Rise of the Bats

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • LA UW, Why are you doing this

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

Eadee

Scholar
It's no good hentai if it doesn't get hard, right?

I thought Jomon was in, if not I'll pick whatever is left because I don't have any UW-experience and therefore no UW-preference.

Dayyālu

Arcane
It's no good hentai if it doesn't get hard, right?

This is my game and I'm all for the fluffly and cute consensual thing. This time at least.

I thought Jomon was in, if not I'll pick whatever is left because I don't have any UW-experience and therefore no UW-preference.

Jomon has quite strong UW options, but the problem is to get UW first of all, then expand properly. I won't stop you, but consider that you are already getting somewhat of a malus. Caveat Emptor!

Regarding UW powers, they can be somewhat explained this way:

+ Atlantis: first two ages are Ogre nations with good troops in EA and terrible troops in MA. Basalt Kings are some of the strongest mages in the setting if you know how to properly employ them, and their troops are amphibious and flexible. They are kind of the middle of the road, as they can live and die UW and aboveland, but they excel at neither. They sorely lack research monkeys (cheap mages for research). LA Atlantis is another beast, and it has adequate mages, awesome infantry and flexible UW recruits.

+ Starspawns: I have no idea how EA Starspawns play. Good UW mages? MA Starspawns have adequate troops (some are good at fighting, some are THE cheapest recruitable mindbroken chaff par excellence), and a good amount of Astral magic and Starspawn shenanigans. LA is the same, plus insanity and domkill and freespawn you gotta pay. LA Starspawn is not an excellent choice.

+ Pelagia: Pelagia is triumph UW, suffer somewhat aboveland. MA Pelagia is strong as fuck, having good mages, excellent UW sacreds AND workable aboveland sacreds. Never played EA Pelagia.

+ Oceania: Pangaea UW. Strong UW (not as Pelagia though) but I know little. Never played 'em.

+ Therodos: Therodos is not a UW nation. They are subpar at being one.

+ Ys: heard their sacreds are good. UW elves? What's not to love?

Honestly, I'd suggest to run some test games and see what you like. Jomon is truly a expert-level pick.

Zzz

Savant
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
One thing you should note is that Ys' sacreds are much better on land. In the sea, they only get their golden lance attack. Above land, they get an additional hoof attack, and a mini-flamebrand effect (6AP 1AOE fire damage). On land you can take most provinces with just a pair of sacred (have to get lucky against shamans so you don't get tangle vined, and also against some of the heavier indies). You'll need a few more for underwater expansion, if you're going to rely on them. (Despite playing them in Decline 13, I haven't tested too extensively. I've found a few will generally be fine unless you run into Amber Clan or Shark Tribe, who will absolutely murder them unless you bring more substantial numbers, or some chaff. I also kept being beaten by shamblers, but I think that was more down to luck... Atlanteans (without shamblers) and mermen are easy.)

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Please update first post with picks - I think Dreaad might reappear, perhaps email him.

I pick EA R'lyeh

Dayyālu

Arcane
Well, can we now yell at Dayyālu because he should pick a nation?

This game will be an ungodly mess.

MA Atlantis.

(I take the luxury to switch to EA Atlantis if I can't get it working and if no one else picks it)

WE NEED ADDITIONAL RECRUITS PING FREELY PEOPLE AND PLAYERS

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
So Mind Vessel is actually way worse than the description suggests

- not every astral mage with s3 can cast it, only your slug-mages, so no getting a rainbow pretender and giving him a mind vessel or two tartarian casters
- it can only be cast on androdai, the guys u can only recruit on land, with a fort, lab and temple
- it doesnt even give androdai new paths, so if u have an s1d1 androdai and cast mind vessel with an s3d1w2 aboleth - the androdai just gets s3
- given the magic paths that EA R'lyeh gets, basically what this means is that you can boost ur w1s1 androdai to ~ w3s3
give or take and in almost every other case bar a few rare exceptions it's useless.

Apologies, but rally it's just a mediocre way to get a few more mages at the cost of research turns and astral instead of gold, but u still pay upkeep etc... given all this I change my nation pick to LA R'lyeh if its not already taken

Dayyālu

Arcane
Ok. Sorry, had a couple of bad days.

sqeecoo MA STARSPAWNS

Isiloon LA STARSPAWNS

Muty SUBMIT YOUR TUR.... ehrr.... EA ATLANTIS

Dayyālu MA ATLANTIS

Eadee MA YS

Joined on the 4th of July MA PELAGIA

We'll use the Thousand Seas Map, the 5-7 players (we're six)

http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=3081

I'll mod it for the aboveland Thrones.

This is the MODDED .tga file.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8iVowhECqsCdTdoQnNsMU5vVms

This is the MOD, de-pepefied.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByCm3KxhKEE5ZVRmWl9jcDk2eVU/view

Victory Conditions: 9 Throne Points out of 12.

GAME LINK

http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Decline_15_Underwater_Friends

Isiloon, I now demand my Jewish whores for my service to the Cause.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Ok. Sorry, had a couple of bad days.

Isiloon, I now demand my Jewish whores for my service to the Cause.

Tell me about your troubles my friend.

There's no such thing as Jewish prostitutes unfortunately, not enough demand since they are all ugly af, religion forbids and usually Jews have enough money to not suck dick for cash

Dayyālu

Arcane
There's no such thing as Jewish prostitutes unfortunately, not enough demand since they are all ugly af, religion forbids and usually Jews have enough money to not suck dick for cash

What if I wanted to get a jewish wife? Thus my children can live the dream of being the Chosen.

That said, submit yer Pretenders!

Is everything working?

Pinging Muty because Muty must be pinged every time. Has someone saved the "SUBMIT YOUR TURN MUTY" image?

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
I'm around, just waiting for everyone else to submit :positive:

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I'm around, just waiting for everyone else to submit :positive:

You can send me your idea via pm and we can brainstorm it.

I have big doubts about some pretenders Codex people used before...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom