Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Decline 20: Dominions 5: Defenders of the Faith

What era we play in?

• MA

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • EA

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • LA

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Kingcomrade

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters

Dayyālu

Arcane
so salty you didn't invite me. I would play Pangea

Just to let you know Dayyālu while testing the map I had many crashes on world creation due to players sharing the same position. Otherwise it seems perfectly fine, some starting provinces have the mandatory 3 connection with an unfrozen river blocking one, while others share 5 connections with mountains, forests, farmland and the occasional swamp or waste for some sitesearch.

I tested the fucking thing and it seemed to work fine. Even few 3-connection starting points. Like, two par test.

Isiloon , get fucking in. We should have place for an extra non-water nation (16 starting positions, 12 are now abovewater and 2 water, so we have 1 abovewater place and 1 water.)

I'll edit the game to add another player, and 5 extra turns to Cataclysm.

Chef_Hathaway

King of the Juice
Patron
White Knight
Divinity: Original Sin BattleTech
So, why there is a nation of Man, but no nation of Woman?

If we did EA, we could have the strong, independent Sauromatian wimmin who don't need no man. (except that the manly Androphags are cooler than any of the Amazons and I kind of wish they were fleshed out into their own faction)

sqeecoo

Arcane
Dayyalu, please please PLEASE make an exploding flagellants build!

Anyway, I've submitted my pretender. God help me. A few test starts have me starting in non-caves while there are caves on the map, could you have a look?

Infinitum

Scholar
Anyway, I've submitted my pretender. God help me.

Starting awake, are we? :updatedmytxt:

EDIT: Also, need urgent help from an experienced Ur player: where the fuck do I find an image source for ancient sumerian horned giants?? Banner Saga Varl looks look too norse, Chaos Dwarfes looks.. wrong, googling just nets me stone reliephs. PLZ HALP.

Last edited:
EDIT: Also, need urgent help from an experienced Ur player: where the fuck do I find an image source for ancient sumerian horned giants?? Banner Saga Varl looks look too norse, Chaos Dwarfes looks.. wrong, googling just nets me stone reliephs. PLZ HALP.
You should draw them yourself in paint.

'Enkidu' gives some results.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
image source

Do not seek them beforehand. For example, the last time I played Pythium, this is what I had in mind:

legion8-640x427.jpg

This is what actually happened:

Turn 24:

costume-da-centurione-romano-infantile.jpg

"Oh Joy! I just got recruited as a velite, gonna make my mum proud!"

Turn 26:

image.jpg

"Bye mum! Gonna leave soon for the Ermor front!"

True story.

Last edited:

Dayyālu

Arcane
Dayyalu, please please PLEASE make an exploding flagellants build!

Have a look at what

At the map

sigh

Oook, the thing is the map designers set up the map with a massive amount of no start provinces. All the Caves are no start provinces (and some are awesome starting positions, I may add). Do you need a cave start to play well as Agartha? I'd like to mess with the map files the minimum. It's a small change though, it can be done.

About exploding flagellants, God no. They are fun but tell me how the fuck I am supposed to translate them into midgame and lategame.

If you fail, go anime or choose a random political figure. Don't forget to ask raw help for the best gifs. He's a master in his craft.

And now, let's see what kind of Pretender we should submit....

sqeecoo

Arcane
Have a look at what

At the map

sigh

Oook, the thing is the map designers set up the map with a massive amount of no start provinces. All the Caves are no start provinces (and some are awesome starting positions, I may add). Do you need a cave start to play well as Agartha? I'd like to mess with the map files the minimum. It's a small change though, it can be done.

Well, Agartha has some national cave-only spells, no? Plus a gold bonus in caves. Opening up some cave start positions would be nice, but I can live without it if you want to perpetuate the stereotype of the lazy Italian.

About exploding flagellants, God no. They are fun but tell me how the fuck I am supposed to translate them into midgame and lategame.

Transition into exploding angels?

Oh but there is so much cool stuff to try with the new bless effects. What about blood bond, for instance, and having every angel be accompanied by some flaggies?

Dayyālu

Arcane
WHY NO ONE EVER SLEEPS HERE

I GET PAID TO STAY AWAKE AT NIGHT

After late night testing, I switch to Sceleria. Mostly because anime pics I found in the depths of the Nets.

kwBYFGj.png

And because exploding flagellants would make me a target for Matalarata.

Dayyālu

Arcane
They did a Redwall cartoon?

Well, people, you wanted exploding flagellants, you'll get exploding flagellants. Not from me though.

UPLOAD YER PRETENDERS

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Oh hey, I want in on the bleeding edge.

Random maps aren't that terrible this time, from what I've seen, by the way. And llamaserver seems to be already working! now we'd just need Muty or someone to update the pbem manager to work with Dom5 (maybe it already does?)

Just bought dom5, I'll look at the pbem manager when I get back home later, would be nice to have something to test it with. I guess there are no more free slots in this game?

Lizzurd

Cipher
They did a Redwall cartoon?

Well, people, you wanted exploding flagellants, you'll get exploding flagellants. Not from me though.

UPLOAD YER PRETENDERS
I find it somewhat strange, that I found out the name of the book I read long ago by accident while googling "deus vult" on youtube.
The "Mossflower" was probably one of the books I read the first. I tried to find its name for a many years, but only now did it.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Nooo Lizzurd you beat me to it! I wanted to grab Marigon from Dayyalu :(

EDIT:

Fuck it, I'll just go for Asphodel then. Not enough new interesting stuff with Agartha.

Last edited:

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If I want to change my pretender, I just email a new saved god right? Or will two saved gods for one faction cause a bug?

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Uploading shortly this morning, spent yesterday moving. Doing a Pretender style I never do, because I hear it's OP. :smug: (makes sense)

Dayyālu

Arcane
Just bought dom5, I'll look at the pbem manager when I get back home later, would be nice to have something to test it with. I guess there are no more free slots in this game?

UW slot still open, I think. tag me if you want me to open it for you.

I predict we'll have no shortage of suicide bomber memes in the Dominions community. So problematic! :smug:

The amount of problematic stuff in Dominions is staggering. Daily reminder SA did a "virgin neckbeard mod" to substitute female blood slaves (that aren't even tagged as females ffs) with neckbeards.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom