Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 23: NATIONGEN Edition

What era

• EA

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • MA

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • LA

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
question - do heat + cold auras cancel out

Dayyālu

Arcane
I am starting to have Vivisector flashbacks.

It's funny to realize that they indeed have electrical discharge, but no lightining resist, making them hilarious depending on bless choices.

Also, Matalarata , the Giant Flying Mechanical Midgets were the sacred units of good old Grimmie in the First Wasteland Game (a game where every province bar cap had like 500 people). It was a silly and great game.

Problem is, Grimmie's sacreds were some kind of unholy Thug-sized Protection 20 Enc 0 Fire Cold Lightining Bludgeon resist obsidian armed things and he got (if I remember right) something like N9E9W9 on them.

The amount of rape he dished out (I won a single battle against a small force of the things) was enough that even a developer of Japanese underage mass-rape games would have had ethical problems in seeing it. Luckily for us, the mod is lost to the mists of time (I checked the thread and my archives) and all the images went the way of the dodo thanks to Net. The only one I could salvage was thanks to Dreaad (poor fucker).

IxveNaY.jpg

It's KoolNoodles' God trying to stop the murderrapemachines.

Also, both my Dominions victories (not counting Disciples, I won a ton of those) are with Nationgen. Skellitons and Lizards, if I remember right....

EDIT: ALSO I NEED THE LINK I DONT HAVE ALL NIGHT HERE

Last edited:

Dayyālu

Arcane
Isiloon, the problem is with Nation 7, xArp something. Care to share the .dm file to correct the mistake?

Doesn't play well with non-standard settings on Windows, it seems, as both I and Grimmie get the same problem.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I get the same thing...

digrqoB.png

kk will upload now... theres 1363 files for the folder..

Infinitum

Scholar
Unzipped the first file to the mods folder and didn't have any problems. So if I got this right everyone gets a pick of 3 randomly selected nations then? Might as well get that over then before gettting our hopes up..

Edit: wait, i'm an illiterate idiot. Hmm. There are a few ok nations, but the vast majority looks trashy. Be interesting to see hpw pivk 10 competes.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
No - we give everyone an RNG number and highest numbers go first

I'll roll for everyone now

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Still doesn't work for me. Tried uploading new package and recreating nations myself using random seed. The game crashes when I use Isiloon's drm, and the program somehow refuses to create nations.

Maybe it's a sign. I'll pass this game.

mondblut

Arcane
We could try to fix that umlaut thingy manually. I can see it becoming an issue in file paths for codepage-challenged minorities. These snowniggers and their codepage privelege...

I win! Right, Comhich it is.

ed: wait, how many recpoints? :negative:

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Yup, you pay for those insane troops :) But those Spiderrides are p. sick, considering you keep the upkeep-free spider.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Rithki is absolute OP. Centaur roster, N4/E1 casters out of the box, great diversity (just missing water) and that Just Master is a GREAT chassis to stick various items on.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Mondblut gets best pick and I get second?

Amusing.

Still doesn't work for me. Tried uploading new package and recreating nations myself using random seed. The game crashes when I use Isiloon's drm, and the program somehow refuses to create nations.

Set your system locale to English, and manually rename the files or download Isiloon's ones. It does not like Slavic settings.

I'll need half a day to choose, I did not have even the time to check the nations and I have to choose if to eat, sleep, meet my relatives on Easter or play Dominions.

Everything will be done.

In time.

Dayyālu

Arcane
I'll be cruel: as NationGen spawns, 90% of the nations are unviable or crappy. Few interesting mages or sacreds, particularly compared to our previous games. Furthermore, summons in Conj are broken as I see everywhere Caelian and Agarthan spells. And Dai Onis.

I'd even suggest to redo the spawns with Crazy Sacred Power or something.

Paredolcia would be tempting if every fucking mage wasn't a berserker, but I guess I'll pick one of the few nations with "character" and a viable playstyle.

Dushalpaknia, Minaret of Steam it is.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron

Come on Grimwulf - who's going to play the "don't talk to me I'm busy being dark and brooding whilst autisticly micromanaging every unit and their dog" guy

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
oh it's my pick... let me do some testing and ill post shortly.

some of the nations get recruit any fort sacreds by the way.. but the sacreds are so-so

EDIT - thinking outloud

I thought Pareldocia was OP ... but lack of good priests and even though their sacreds are tarantulas with glamor and stealth... they dont get web and protection is average... and more expensive than normal tarantula knights.

Considering Shela - summons are rubbish...(no late game) but

they get a recruit-anywhere SLT earth 3 mage with 25 production bonus.... they also get a 100 mana 2-earth mage.. and a national spell that gives them communion via earth magic.
So potentially just horde tanky troops and earthquake/bladewind spammers.. unfortunately they seem to be 1-trick-pony and worst of all only get a single level 1 priest ;D

There's Qurgya that gets these badass flying knights which is awesome.

6Ezh11Z.png

angel_knight_by_nosaj7541-d81fe9q.jpg

Sacreds are so so.... 6/10

They get Sirrush because, why not...

late game any of their capital mages can cast volcanic eruption...

thinking thinking...

Zris is obviously good, but i dont really like their commanders... no good communion slaves.. and their mages being heavily stacked into fire is kinda meh... great sacreds and flying non-demonic heavy-plate demons is gangster.

Raqris looks pretty good.. their infantry is less gimicky than Zris.. drops regeneration for an extra 6 protection which is good... much better offense with the flail... They get full-plate crossbowmen with shields.. which is pretty good but fucking expensive...

Most appealing they have 45 gold sabbath slaves.

Caessedigh gets pretty scary assassins...

mlYqoAo.png

gift of water-breathing sacred and non-sacred giants that turn into giant spiders... and hydras... hmmm... plenty of thuggable mages aaaaand I think i'm sold... just going to playtest Qurgya vs Caessedigh

EDIT 2 -

Damn this is hard picking between those 2... one gets tons of thugs and out-of-the-box guys who can cast MOAK...

On the other hand, we have huge evo spells.. infinite resources coupled with badass flying heavy infantry
909ff7c7f6885d8af58d41773950126e19ee878e144df2e7cab775a13bdbff81.jpg

Okay - upon seeing they have "ancient professor of metal" I think I'm sold and I dont even like heavy metal.. just love the theme of these guys and Caessedigh probably stronger and I will regret it but whatever.
jnMWcUw.png

Final verdict -

Qurgya, The Passionate Circle :happytrollboy:

Last edited:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Given how Qurgya really wants turmoil scales.. i'm very tempted to take statue of war, or Panzilla pretender... but Panzilla doesn't really give you good bless potential except blood surge/blood bond...

While the statue gives you tons of barbarians which is so nice to cushion early expansion... but with statue get no magic diversity at all

guess i'll have to splash astral and go for teleporting 40 protection statue of war and flying earthquake mages... and when people counter that I'll counter their counter with mass volcanic-eruption mages.
:dealwithit:

Last edited:

Infinitum

Scholar
I was sort of hoping it would pass on as well, but man it pulls in different directions. You want drain scales for the mundane researcher and a decent bless for the thuggable priest and decent sacreds, yet your best thug chassis isn't sacred without astral access, and you want to mass it in forts due to the resource bonus and resourcw intensivw troops. Decisions, decisions..

Grif

Learned
Good thing I'm last. I been away for the past three days, and only starting to catch up on things again.

Can report have no trouble loading the mod here, though the misspelled nation seems weird.

mondblut

Arcane
Someone needs to pick Öarp and knock half the pretenders out from the game before it even begins. That's what I call flawless victory.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Muty you bastard, hurry up and pick.

Grimwulf do you want me to zip my mod directory

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom