Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Delta Force: Hawk Ops - a new hero extraction shooter coming to iPad/Android/Playstation/Xbox and PC

ADL

Prophet

Features a remastered version of the Black Hawk Down campaign.

Last edited:

Endemic

Arcane
checks who Nordic hired as developers

Timi and Level Infinite. So this is basically an F2P multiplayer-focused shooter with microtransactions...yawn.

Lemming42

Arcane
That's a big shame, I absolutely adore DF 1 and 2, for all their problems. This doesn't seem to share anything but the name.

Take away the wide open spaces and the absurd distances and you've not really got a Delta Force game anymore. And that's not even getting into the "powering up! let's do this!" magic glove that guy appeared to have.

I still remember the effect the massive distances had on me as a kid, seeing vague blurs in the distance, firing, and watching them fall to the ground. It all felt so utterly dehumanising, both for the target and the player. It wasn't the devs' intent, but it made me terrified of guns and furious at the idea that such things exist. Combine that with Soldier of Fortune showing the horror of guns up close and you've got two perfect games to turn a kid anti-war for life.

More importantly though it was fun and unique. No point dredging the series back up off the scrapheap if you're going to abandon the one thing it had going for it.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
It'll be shit since it will run on mobile devices. Real Delta Force was massive maps with 64 player matches. This is diversity hire shit made for morons like Alex here.

Based on those gameplay videos, I literally can't tell the difference between this game and the modern (shit) incarnations of Battlefield.

soutaiseiriron

Educated
Based on those gameplay videos, I literally can't tell the difference between this game and the modern (shit) incarnations of Battlefield.
it's not battlefield. it's a shit clone of cod ground war. it's 16v16, battlefield still does 32v32.

utter slop. the gaming industry is clearly not on the downturn if shit like this that dies in 2 months still gets made

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
This is Delta Force in name only. Nothing about this is like originals, and watching the dev diary, it becomes quite clear it's not for a western audience at all. Why it had to sully the Delta Force name is beyond me.

Lemming42

Arcane
This is annoying because Delta Force really deserves a new current-gen game. Land Warrior kind of briefly glimpsed the full potential of the series but then it never materialised after that, with Black Hawk Down being a decent game but a bit of a step away from what made DF work.

A new proper Rainbow Six game (in the style of the original and Rogue Spear) and a new Delta Force game (in the style of 1, 2 and LW) would literally fix the games industry.

soutaiseiriron

Educated
A new proper Rainbow Six game
A new R6 game exists. It's called Ready or Not. That game might LARP as SWAT 5, but it really is just R6 with how the AI behaves and with how many maps are designed like R6 maps. Mod out punishments for kills and play it like R6, and it's R6.

Ready or Not sucks though.

When it's not being janky/broken, the Anti-Aliasing is so blurry you can barely see 5 feet in front of you.

I liked the premise/idea, but had to refund it after it turned out to basically be unplayable.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Damn, got excited that there might be a new game in the series only to discover it most certainly is not. That's a shame, because frankly, level design like Delta Force 1 & 2 is the sort of thing that FPS should have aimed for, especially in the realistic game design department. But I guess we need our setpieces and overdramatic cutscenes instead of a decent single player campaign.

soutaiseiriron

Educated
Ready or Not sucks though.

When it's not being janky/broken, the Anti-Aliasing is so blurry you can barely see 5 feet in front of you.

I liked the premise/idea, but had to refund it after it turned out to basically be unplayable.
You can turn it off, whatever the lowest AA option was, was no AA at all I think. And it's not even close blurry enough at all even with FSR2 upscaling to be unplayable. Were you playing on 1080p with resolution scale turned down to 50 or some shit?

ADL

Prophet
The sheer fucking balls it takes to include footage from Black Hawk Down in their trailers lmao

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom