Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deltarune - episodic Undertale sequel

lightbane

Arcane
Meh, I expected an advance on another chapter or something, not a pretentious article.

lightbane

Arcane
Will Kris be finally given a male gender, as he acts and looks like a male teenager but everyone still refers to him as "they" for inane reasons, perhaps?

lightbane

Arcane
https://deltarune.com/update-092022/

DELTARUNE
Status Update​

Sept 2022​

HEY EVERY !!!
Hard to believe it, but it's already been around 1 year since DELTARUNE Chapter 2 was released. Even now there still seems to be a passionate fan base for what we put out, thanks in no small part to a disgusting man whose dialogue is probably closest to the way I talk in real life.
It feels like DELTARUNE really came into its own with Chapter 2. Thank you so much to everyone who has enjoyed everything so far and is still looking forward to what will happen next!! We're working hard to make something that will excite and delight fans of weird role-playing games, whether or not you like men with long noses!

[Development Update]​

As stated last time, we've been simultaneously working on Chapters 3, 4 and 5 of DELTARUNE. A few more people are helping out, and the pace of the game creation is definitely improved from last time. The intention was to work on all three chapters simultaneously, but so far we've mostly just gotten work done on Chapter 3 and 4.
Between 3, 4, and 5, we've already exceeded a chapter's worth of bullets, cutscenes, and gimmicks. Not only that, but the next chapters had certain aspects that took a while to set up, and now that those things are in place, the development of the game is only going to get smoother and smoother!
As always, I want this thing to come out the most out of anyone on the planet, so we'll be doing our best to get it done.

[Mini Preview]​

Why don't we show you what we've been working on!?

More Light World !?​

♪ Hometown Day
dog-piano.png

"After the dark night, the sun shines brightly."
Susie with Kris at diner: Kris, anyone tell you your family is goddamn weird?
Sit in your favorite seat at the diner.
Susie throwing a rock into the water with Kris
Judge Susie's rock throwing abilities.
Rainy dancing in the rain
... and more?

More Castle Town !?​

♪ My Funky Town
dog-piano.png

"This once empty town is beginning to feel like a city!"
Dancing at the Dark World castle town cafe
If you recruited the right characters, the band can play a new BGM for your town!More characters finally get their own rooms!

And… More Dark Worlds !?​

♪ Green Room
dog-piano.png

"Relax and enjoy a world of cutting-edge entertainment!"
Green room
Where could this possibly be?!
Sorry, nothing's ready to release this year. So you can't spend any money yet.
But as a treat to those fans who got a little something burning in their spacious pockets, this year we're creating a specil event -- SPAMTON SWEEPSTAKES, a SUPER SPECIL prize sweepstakes / charity auction starting Saturday 12PM PDT and running for 24 hours right here on deltarune.com ! And don't worry -- it will have content for Spamton Lovers and Haters alike!

No new game for this year, but there's a bunch of screens and samples of songs at least.

Last edited by a moderator:

S.torch

Arbiter
Looks pretty cool. They are working very fast too!
Glad to see that Queen, Rouxls and Tasque Manager are coming back hehe.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://toby.fangamer.com/newsletters/halloween23/
Halloween 2023
WHAT'S THIS?!
* Today, many good children go around their neighborhood to gather gifts and sweets.
* You, however, have grown tired of the familiar faces and familiar candies.
* Filled with the desire for something new, you strike out for the strange house on the hill... The one no other dares approach.
* You reach the door.
> Trick or treat.
* A white paw extends out of the mail slat.
* ... Huh? Instead of candy, you were given...
* Some kind of letter?
* It seems to be addressed to you.
* This must be a mistake! This isn't edible at all! You figured you would end this adventure with a bag full of candy!
* In a flight of anger, you throw open the door, and...!
((annoying dog underneath a blanket looking like a ghost.))
* Something terrifying was standing in the doorway!
* ... from somewhere you heard a voice.
* Hey, you!
* The letter you are holding... It looks very much like a news, doesn't it.
Papyrus as a vampire, and sans
* Although, it's smaller than normal. I guess that's also scary.
DELTARUNE CHAPTER 3 PROGRESS!
Papyrus as Frankenstein's monster, and sans
Chapter 3 is pretty much content complete! There will be essentially no more changes to dialogue or gameplay from here. Hooray!
On my birthday, a friend came over to my house and played through the whole thing.
It was very gratifying to see them laugh at all of the stupid jokes we've labored over for years. It took a long time to get here, but now it feels like everything will be downhill.
After they completed it, I asked "did anything seem incomplete" and they mentioned that "the bullets seemed kind of hard..."
I nodded and forgot about this feedback immediately.
Obviously, releasing a game takes many more steps than just finishing the gameplay and graphics. But, people are already transitioning back into working on Chapter 4. Everyone is very excited to work on the next part!
When we started Chapter 3, to be honest, it took a lot of trial and error to figure out how it would work. But, with Chapter 4, I already feel very confident about how we can progress.
images of various characters dressed up. Ex. Sans dressed up as a skeleton
GAME RELEASE STRATEGY
The cast of DELTARUNE wearing mismatched costumes
So, now that Chapter 3 is nearing completion... I think it's a good time to re-discuss how we will release DELTARUNE for purchase.
My original plan was to release Chapter 3, 4, and 5 together. However, the finish line of Chapter 5 is still pretty far off... and I don't think anybody really wants to wait that long to release anything. Especially me.
So, new strategy: No more waiting for Chapter 5. Instead, we are going to focus on putting DELTARUNE out for purchase once we finish Chapter 4. That should make everything a bit more reasonable!
Chapter 4 already has a very substantial amount of cutscenes and enemy work done. Also, I've hired a new producer whose entire job it will be to speed up the overall game development for future chapters. So, I feel very optimistic about the next steps of this project.
That being said though, I think I'm going to pause on more detailed development updates for now. Instead, I'll just let you guys know if the development is getting close to completion, or if something funny happens.
Mew Mew and Undyne with mismatched outfits, Alphys taking a photo
CHAPTER 2 DEVELOPMENT TEAM INTERVIEW
Toriel and Frisk with swapped outfits
All right, back to Halloween. Ready for a scary fact?
Halloween... is technically the 5th Anniversary of DELTARUNE.
... that was scary, wasn't it?
For this special day, I've interviewed some of the Development Team of DELTARUNE Chapter 2! Let's reminisce on some standard memories about developing the game!
DELTARUNE Chapter 2 staff illustrations
READ THE INTERVIEW »

CONCLUSION
((annoying dog underneath a blanket looking like a ghost.))
* What the!? How is it over already!? This letter was too short! That has to be some sort of crime.
* You reached out to tear away the blanket of the culprit...
blanket on the ground
* ... But there was no one underneath!
* Instead, only the stench of candy hangs in the air...
* ... Did you find what you were looking for after all...?
THE END

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
game producer is a real job and it's an important job
letting some tranny twiddle his thumbs for years on end to critical acclaim is ruining the industry

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom