Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex for Graphic Whores

Xaus

Novice
Shit, that reminds me. I still haven't done my annual Deus Ex playthrough this year. Guess I'll grab those mods, too.

Xaus

Novice
Really? Just whatever you do don't acknowledge Deus Ex 2's existence.

Xaus

Novice
racofer said:
Xaus said:
Really? I will just say Deus Ex 2 is shitz cuz everybody says so, then I can fit in.
If I wanted to do that then I'd call every single game that wasn't Arcanum, Fallout 1 & 2, Planescape: Torment, and Baldur's Gate 2 shit, mediocre, boring, retarded while throwing in some lines about consoletards and reminiscing about the days of having to draw your own minimap with a pencil.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Only ever played DX once, and that was without killing people.
This really makes we want to have a new go through the game, trying out the weapons I ignored on my first time, like rifles and heavy weapons and grenades.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Xaus said:
Games other than Arcanum, Fallout 1 & 2, Planescape: Torment, and Baldur's Gate 2 are shit, mediocre, boring, retarded. Damned consoletards ruining mah gaems! I miss real pnp gaming :cry:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
What I never got about DX was that if you knocked someone out, the game classified them as "dead". I mean, you could put them to sleep with the bowgun, and they'd never wake up. Are there any mods that change this?
Also, hacking ATM machines was the shit.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
He forgot to mention the New Vision Mod. , a high resolution re-texture of the whole game. They have released a beta version that is 60%-70% finished.

The default enbseries settings kind of suck, so you'll need to adjust them. I fiddled a lot with the enbseries.ini and managed to produce some pretty good results. Have in mind that bump mapping sometimes looks awesome and sometimes... not. Generally it's nice though, and the lighting effects are great. Here are my settings btw:

Code:
[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=0
InitProxyFunctions=1
ProxyLibrary=
[GLOBAL]
UseEffect=0
AlternativeDepth=1
AllowAntialias=0
BugFixMode=1
SkipShaderOptimization=0
QuadVertexBuffer=0
EnableShaders_3_0=1
AdditionalConfigFile=enbseries2.ini
UseMRTRendering=0
[EFFECT]
EnableBloom=1
EnableOcclusion=0
EnableReflection=0
EnableMotionBlur=0
EnableWater=0
EnableShadow=0
DepthBias=100
EnableDepthOfField=0
[INPUT]
KeyUseEffect=123
KeyBloom=120
KeyOcclusion=121
KeyReflection=122
KeyCombination=16
KeyScreenshot=44
KeyShadow=119
KeyWater=118
KeyShowFPS=106
[REFLECTION]
ReflectionPower=20
ChromePower=10
UseCurrentFrameReflection=0
ReflectionQuality=0
ReflectionSourceSpecular=50
ReflectionSourceTFactor=50
UseAdditiveReflection=0
ReflectionDepthBias=100
UseLowResReflection=0
ReflectionSinglePass=1
UseEnvBump=0
EnvBumpAmount=100
EnvBumpOffset=100
ReflectionFlip=0
[BLOOM]
BloomPowerDay=8
BloomFadeTime=2000
BloomConstantDay=3
BloomQuality=0
BloomScreenLevelDay=60
BloomCurveDay=3
BloomPowerNight=8
BloomConstantNight=3
BloomCurveNight=3
BloomScreenLevelNight=20
BloomAdaptationScreenLevel=80
BloomAdaptationMultiplier=20
BloomAllowOversaturation=0
BloomMaxLimit=100
[SSAO]
UseFilter=1
OcclusionQuality=2
FilterQuality=1
DarkeningLevel=30
BrighteningLevel=5
IlluminationLevel=5
AdditiveIlluminationLevel=30
UseAmbientOcclusion=0
UseIndirectLighting=1
FadeDistance=50
UseForAlphaTest=1
UseForAlphaBlend=1
[COLORCORRECTION]
DarkeningAmountDay=10
ScreenLevelDay=60
ScreenLevelNight=20
DarkeningAmountNight=-40
GammaCurveDay=0
GammaCurveNight=5
ColorSaturationDay=-2
ColorSaturationNight=-2
UsePaletteTexture=0
[WATER]
UseWaterDeep=1
WaterDeepness=20
WaterQuality=0
[SHADOW]
ShadowFadeStart=40
ShadowFadeEnd=80
ShadowAmountDay=60
ShadowAmountNight=30
ShadowScreenLevelDay=60
ShadowScreenLevelNight=20
ShadowQuality=1
UseShadowFilter=1
FilterQuality=1
ShadowBlurRange=30
[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=0
MaxAnisotropy=8
ForceDisplayRefreshRate=0
DisplayRefreshRateHz=60
[MOTIONBLUR]
MotionBlurQuality=2
MotionBlurVelocity=40
MotionBlurRotation=40
[PERPIXELLIGHTING]
SpecularColorMin=0
SpecularColorMax=100
SpecularColorMultiplier=100
SpecularGlossinessMin=0
SpecularGlossinessMax=100
SpecularGlossinessMultiplier=100
[DEPTHOFFIELD]
DOFQuality=1
DOFNumberOfPasses=2
DOFFocusRange=70
DOFBlurinessRange=5

Xaus

Novice
Hobo Elf said:
What I never got about DX was that if you knocked someone out, the game classified them as "dead". I mean, you could put them to sleep with the bowgun, and they'd never wake up. Are there any mods that change this?
Also, hacking ATM machines was the shit.
I think that was really just engine limitations. I can probably see a workaround where after a given amount of time an NPC tagged as unconscious will respawn while the original entity is removed. But, that's a really rough idea.

Besides, knocking people out didn't even make a difference past the 2nd mission.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Where can I download the HD textures? The normal site is down and I can't find a mirror. Surely someone Filefront'd it?

MetalCraze

Arcane
Jaesun said:
Fucking sweet. Very nice work on the bump and normal maps. Seriously *fap*
The ENBseries mod is actually a pretty much universal renderer that you can use with quite a number of games (though different effects don't work in different games). I found that video by accident when I was checking for a new version of the ENB while playing with it and Operation Flashpoint.

But as ghostdog said the original settings won't fit in just like that (due to them being for GTA: SA by default) so it will require a bit of trial and error but it's quite flexible so you will certainly get a result you want.

What about SSAO (occlusion) Ghostdog? I see you've disabled it - why? The video actually shows lighting with it which looks pretty nice.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Xaus said:
racofer said:
Xaus said:
Really? I will just say Deus Ex 2 is shitz cuz everybody says so, then I can fit in.
If I wanted to do that then I'd call every single game that wasn't Arcanum, Fallout 1 & 2, Planescape: Torment, and Baldur's Gate 2 shit, mediocre, boring, retarded while throwing in some lines about consoletards and reminiscing about the days of having to draw your own minimap with a pencil.
Let us know the name of your other account and we can check and see if you've done that.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
MetalCraze said:
What about SSAO (occlusion) Ghostdog? I see you've disabled it - why? The video actually shows lighting with it which looks pretty nice.
You can try enabling it , but it's a very cpu-demanding feature and since deus ex can't use hyperthreading, my 2.66 dualcore had a noticeable framerate drop with it. I'm also using the new vision mod and that takes more it's share of system resources. To tell you the truth I don't remember the occlusion making much of a difference.

Jasede said:
ghostdog said:
Jasede said:
Where can I download the HD textures? The normal site is down and I can't find a mirror. Surely someone Filefront'd it?
WTF, it worked fine a minute ago... here it is: http://www.moddb.com/mods/deus-ex-new-v ... ublic-beta
No, I meant the original ones, the ones used in the video. For the ones you linked I'd rather wait until they are complete!
They are on the same forums, so they are both down :)

You should know that the HDTP project is far from finished and actually the version released has just a new model for Gunther and a few item retextures. On the other hand the new vision beta is 3/4 of the final product.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Jasede said:
ghostdog said:
Jasede said:
WTF, it worked fine a minute ago... here it is: http://www.moddb.com/mods/deus-ex-new-v ... ublic-beta
No, I meant the original ones, the ones used in the video. For the ones you linked I'd rather wait until they are complete!

I don't think that HDTP is more finished than New Vision, then again they could've forgotten to update it on moddb. If you're optimistic enough that is
http://www.moddb.com/mods/project-hdtp/ ... -release-1

But it has a few models updated as well.

EDIT:

Apparently the site is online again, the latest newspost is of Oct 5 2008, however looks like the version available for DL is still old, but I believe it is worthy of download just because of better models, which I believe will be quite easy to use with New Vision if you'll read a bit about UE1 modding:

http://www.offtopicproductions.com/hdtp/?page_id=3

jc.jpg

JC looks pretty cool.

Xaus

Novice
Dicksmoker said:
Xaus said:
racofer said:
Xaus said:
Let us know the name of your other account and we can check and see if you've done that.
I just love this fucking place. Getting accused every 5 minutes of being like 12 different people on here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom