Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Developer Story Time with Old Man Davis

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
ebay links
Do people actually buy these signed copies for $300+?
Yes.
And you guys still bothered with a kickstarter? Start signing swag 24/7!
Asking for readily available money? Let's see how this turns out. Typically 2nd world grasp on economics. To explain it in your terms: We're rich because you're poor.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Didn't Anthony sell one of those on ebay recently? Or was he only going to?
I believe he bundled it with that Vault Boy original art/flask, and sold it for some crazy high price hoping no one would take it.

He did not count on Tidemann tho!

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Wow that's pretty neat mayb-

WOAH

EARTHBOUND! WITH DUST COVER! $200 RARE SUPER NINTENDO GAME! RPG SNES! VERY GOOD!

I am sorry Mr. Davis, the puppet never stood a chance vs Earthbound...

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I kind of wish they would include Volourn as a boss or something the same way Gromnir ended up in ToB. R00fles!

gromit

Arcane
I kind of wish they would include Volourn as a boss or something the same way Gromnir ended up in ToB.
You remember that test-tube guy in the beginning of BG2, with the Charlie Adler voicework? Same thing, hooked up to some funky soul extractor... ever reliving his final moments.

"Why? Why do they lie?"

Severian Silk

I kind of wish they would include Volourn as a boss or something the same way Gromnir ended up in ToB. R00fles!
I doubt Volourn would even care given that it's not a Bioware game... pfffffft.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Anthony updated his Linkedin

I am once again working for Obsidian Entertainment, the job I have loved the most since driving tanks for Uncle Sam. Currently I am working on an unannounced title.

Thanks to Funcroc

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
I only changed the tense of that sentence. Previously it was something like, "In November I will be going back to Obsidian, the job I loved most since driving tanks. "

I'm a Senior UI and Gameplay programmer.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I only changed the tense of that sentence. Previously it was something like, "In November I will be going back to Obsidian, the job I loved most since driving tanks. "

Do spill the beans about the project you're working on, please. I assume it's in an advanced enough stage to even have a UI and gameplay? IS IT COMING TO PC or is it only for next-game consoles? We need to know!!1

Thx

Duraframe300

Arcane

Can you drop some hints about the project? On a scale from 1-10 how wrong were my previous predictions?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Anthony Davis

I have an odd question about the gaming industry. To be honest, I'm not sure you've been in it long enough to know about this, but as somebody who worked both in California and Texas perhaps you ran into something like it.

The question is: Are there, or were there in the past, regional rivalries within the US gaming industry? In particular, would you say that there is/was a California or "West Coast" games industry milieu that developers elsewhere in the United States may have resented?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom