Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2 + Expansion Hardcore Ladder interest check

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Doesn't matter since we'll start new characters most likely. This is just an interest check thread anyway, so if enough guys are game I'll make another thread. What times are convenient for you guys? I'd like to keep it GMT-friendly for all the eurofags.

To play hardcore without beating softcore:

1) Go to the Start menu, and open the program called Notepad (it's in the Accessories folder of the start menu).
2) Copy and paste the text below into a newly created document:

----
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Diablo II]
"AllowHardcore"=dword:00000001
----

3) Press Ctrl+S (or alternatively File --> Save As…) and save the document with the name allowhc.reg making sure the Save as type: is "All Files".
4) Double click on the file you just created, click YES that you do want to add the information to the registry, and click OK afterwards.
5) Proceed to create HC characters at your leisure.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'd be available from 19:00GMT to around 1:00GMT.
That's the afternoon for me, I get all my work done in the morning (US time).

Binary

Liturgist
I'm interested. Possibly after 9pm GMT

I'm a wuss so I'm scared of playing Hardcode. Who will hold my hand? ;-)

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
If metallix plays his sage advice will shield us, and if KC plays, the Emperor will protect us. ;)

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
What's everyone going to play, so we can work out some kind of group synergy?

I mostly like playing sorceresses of all kinds, bowazons, and necromancers myself. I also like crazy frenzy barbarians, but they're really really gear dependent.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I suspect that like most Codex gaming efforts it will depend on a large percentage of the people being on IRC at the same time, otherwise it will not work.

I play Paladins. Only character I like. Normally Frost Zealot but I'd do something else for team games if people wanted.

Lemunde

Scholar
This sounds like fun if you can get it organized. My schedule's open for the next few days so as long as I'm not asleep... I usually play an assassin or necromancer but every once in a while I'll play an amazon or sorceress.

Binary

Liturgist
I always preferred Sorceress and Paladin. but I wouldn't mind playing one of the LoD classes that I honestly never played much. Wasn't there a neat variant of the assassin that relied on traps instead of dagger attacks?

MetalCraze

Arcane
I like everything magic. it was too long ago though, so don't expect miracles. I also can take barbarian if there will be no "tanks".

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
I was gonna pick a druid too, HannoverF. What kind of build do you want, so we end up being different? It's likely I'll die pretty fast if I take a werewolf/fury Druid so I was thinking werebear/fireclaws and shockwave.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
2 Druids? TODAY WE YIFF TO VICTORY
SpaceWolf_by_brohtar.jpg

sabishii

Arbiter
Okay but seriously what's a good character for someone who is ultra careless and thus will die at the drop of a hat? I guess a fishymancer?

Rivo

Novice
-editdoublepost

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom