Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2 just turned 20

Dramart

Learned
In process of optimizing Lightsorc:

eschuta%2527s%2Btemper%2B1.jpg

She's already Hell-proof but not on par with Windforce Bowazon.

Best items I've got for her so far are: Perfect Eschuta's Temper and Light Facets (extremely rare). Griffon's Eye is 17/14 and 22/19 LFd.

Merc is wielding Infinity for Conviction.
Consulting the wiki to make an OP character, noob.

Path Of Diablo doesn't support Multires and I've gotten too used to playing it in 720p, can't go back now. I assume my rather hefty item collection I've gathered with "export" function in ATMA over the years wouldn't work with PoD either.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
unlike mephisto p8 diablo was a bit of a pain but he dropped a Dol so I can't complain

edit: shieet this is tedious as hell and i'm too busy now, no time or patience to deal with the arcane sanctuary as summoner. someone remind me to finish this when Christmas comes around

beat act 2 yesterday but duriel took longer than i like, my low level is starting to be a liability, i should probably stop somewhere and farm xp for a bit. i'll see how far mephisto is when i get to the durance 2 wp.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Summoner Necro [...] The combination of the army + decrepify means you should be able to do HC Hell no sweat with fairly basic shopped/dropped/sub-20 min farm equipment.

Dream on, limp dick.

I say "should" not to mean "I think it could" but "I can do it and if you can't then you either have poor luck or are playing poorly".

Arguing with lilura is pointless, she's a studycunt whose sole experience with a summon necro involves lots and lots of cheating. that's why she screams obscenities at anybody who can perform fairly mundane tasks like beating hell with a summon necro. the envy of the inept is always a sad sight to behold

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
You can *beat* Hell with almost anything, but "HC hell" with "no sweat" and "shopped items" (all while maxing CE and using clay golem to "stomp bosses" :lol:) is funny af

You can *beat* Hell with almost anything, but "HC hell" with "no sweat" and "shopped items"

Not saying its trivially easy or that anyone with no idea what to look out for could do it, but its pretty obviously one of the easiest if not the easiest builds to HC on. Spend a lot of time on players 8, you can get to like level 40 before finishing normal and 60+ before hell if you want.

re: items
Buy a wand with +3 summon skeleton in act 1 normal. You could theoretically get +3 summon +3 mastery but that'd take a lot of time.
Run countess a few times. Socket Stealth runeword for more movement and throw the +fire resist runes into a helm to max the most important resistance.
Act 2 buy decrepify wand as your offhand for bosses.
Act 3 buy teleport staff
Act 5 socket the +resistance runeword you get for free

A few more +resistance from jewelry/gloves, some decent FR/W boots help. Around level 50-60, whenever it becomes available, shop a +2 all skills or +3 summon skill wand that'd be good. Only really powerful item that is purely luck-based would be an offhand with +skills good enough to replace your +resistance shield (EDIT: you'd probaby want a non-magical 2 socket shrunken head with +skelli bonuses to put shael-eth in, but this is the kind of thing you could easily find in act 1 normal or never find the whole game, or just find a really, really good magical one). But basically all your essential equipment needs could be fulfilled before nightmare, aside from a high-damage spear for your merc.

(all while maxing CE and using clay golem to "stomp bosses" :lol:) is funny af

Not maxing CE is idiot-tier. You wanted to max skeleton mages and revives, lol. Both of those are complete and literal trash to put more than 1 point in.

Decrep + clay golem speed decrease basically breaks bosses AI with how slow it makes them. IIRC baal won't clone himself and other shit, because by the time the longer-cast abilities are half way done the AI almost always decides to interrupt and do something else.

Last edited:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Yeah all of your advice is Normal advice, which no one gives a shit about. Maybe you and Mastermind could make a LAN party and stream your adventures of how you made "Stealth" and beat Blood Raven

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
yea im having alot of fun in PoD tbh. much more cool than vanilla from all the good QoL changes and balance shit. i like it.

Median XL is an entirely different game with shit cluttered everywhere.

It's not even D2 anymore imo

Yeah all of your advice is Normal advice, which no one gives a shit about. Maybe you and Mastermind could make a LAN party and stream your adventures of how you made "Stealth" and beat Blood Raven

The equipment you end normal with is enough to do hell with. All you need is to max CE and ideally get a few more resist items (I'm assuming anyone can stumble across enough +resist from other slots and charms). Another +2-4 skills is helpful but not essential (you can straight up shop +2 and will probably find at least +1). You certainly don't need anything fancy like extra auras beyond might.

TL;DR

20/20 skeletons destroy normal
add might and a small amount of CE for nightmare
max CE for hell
ez pz

Your equipment needs are very, very small. This isn't rocket science, literally just google a D2 summoner guide

http://star-info2.com/diablo-ii-necromancer-summoner-build-guide said:
Necromancer is one of the fun and safest build in the Diablo 2, especially if you are going for summoner route. It is because your summoned minions will fight or tank the incoming damage from the monsters for you. The chances for you to get hit by the monsters are almost nil. No matter what difficulty (Normal, Nightmare, and Hell) you are playing, the summoner build will breeze through the whole game with little difficulty, although it takes time and patience to do so. Also, the summoner does not rely heavily on the uber equipment to beat the game. You can still complete the game with poor equipments, although the Uber equipments will increase your killing speed tremendously.

Last edited:

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
found a +2 necro skills wand on akara then 2 minutes later the first mob i killed in act 4 dropped a fal rune. obedience is a decent merc polearm and hel/ko can be gotten off hell countess. was worried about my shit luck this run (got some uniques but they were all for other classes, still have an eth bonesnap maul in my cube that I might save for hell diablo/baal to turn into an iron golem) but i could do a lot worse

edit: LMAO NM diablo was a joke, just a 5 point (all from items) clay golem is enough to render bosses virtually useless.

also found an um on my way to him, this has been a good day

Last edited:
VXVUb5w.jpg

Half tempted to attempt a naked necromancer HC run just to shut these fucks up.

Also, re: skeleton mages

http://tph.tuwien.ac.at/~gottwald/necro_pet_calculator.html

Let's assume 20/20/20 and +5 all skills.

u44uZPw.png

Now, first off, poison is basically useless. So our average DPS is 1549 for skeleton warriors vs. (1409 + 814 + 1250 + 15ish) / 4 = 872ish for mages. But now, we add in the fact that our necro is using Amplify (+100% damage) and a Might merc (lets say around +100% damage for a level 60 merc. So now our skeletons are doing an average of ~6200 DPS. That's bad enough just for a nightmare-ish level difficulty, and it gets worse.

Consider that elemental resistance/immunities are far more prevalent for hell. Most monsters have around 50% resistance to most elements/physical and an elemental immunity in hell. So lets assume that elemental damage drops by ~62.5% (25% elements doing nothing to immunity and 50% of the rest lost to resistance). So now elemental damage is more like 330ish for all 10 mages. Meanwhile, our skeletons face 50% phys resist and it immediately gets lowered to -50% by amplify, so they are dealing 2323 DPS. Then our might merc is now giving more like +150% physical damage so our final DPS is 5,807. At this point a SINGLE skeleton warrior is doing 50% more DPS than the ENTIRE army of skeleton mages. Additionally those skeleton mages will block your warriors getting into combat in confined areas and just generally be weaker and die constantly (when they teleport ahead of you to "catch up" and appear inside enemy mobs). It's just not good. Make a small handful with whatever 1 +skills gives you to slow an act boss if you want, that's it.

found a +2 necro skills wand on akara then 2 minutes later the first mob i killed in act 4 dropped a fal rune. obedience is a decent merc polearm and hel/ko can be gotten off hell countess. was worried about my shit luck this run (got some uniques but they were all for other classes, still have an eth bonesnap maul in my cube that I might save for hell diablo/baal to turn into an iron golem) but i could do a lot worse

edit: LMAO NM diablo was a joke, just a 5 point (all from items) clay golem is enough to render bosses virtually useless.

also found an um on my way to him, this has been a good day

Personally I'd go for +3 summoning skills rather than +2 necro skills due to how well skellies scale but it all works fine. Obedience is definitely a great choice for a Merc, Crushing blow + cold damage + tons of resist is basically all you could want aside from a fanaticism aura. If you are running countess then consider an Ort Sol helm as well. From there, like, try crafting/gambling for decent rings/amulets with +res + all skills/summoner skills and if you get lucky you'll be quite OP.

Last edited:

Dramart

Learned
unlike mephisto p8 diablo was a bit of a pain but he dropped a Dol so I can't complain

edit: shieet this is tedious as hell and i'm too busy now, no time or patience to deal with the arcane sanctuary as summoner. someone remind me to finish this when Christmas comes around

beat act 2 yesterday but duriel took longer than i like, my low level is starting to be a liability, i should probably stop somewhere and farm xp for a bit. i'll see how far mephisto is when i get to the durance 2 wp.
Don't fuck your build or you'll to restart the game or grind like an idiot. I started to have problems with Duriel and couldnt do a shit to Diablo. If you don't want to fuck up consult the wiki like Lilura and make the best character so that way you don't have problems.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Half tempted to attempt a naked necromancer HC run just to shut these fucks up.

I know what you falsely stated, and how you have already begun to backpedal (see quotes).

I've got three Hell-proof necrobuilds: psnmancer, skeliemancer and a hybrid. I know what Hell is like, and what beating it and mastering it takes on /players1 through /players8.

Also, if you keep being a limp-dicked liar, I will formally take you and Mastermind to task on my blog.

You are both scrubby frauds.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom