Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

I have been getting strong urges to play this. D2R is an amazing graphical update. One thing that really bugs me about D2 is the skill tree advancement though. I always disliked it. It's a step down from both Diablo 1 random classless book drops and Diablo 3 variation unlocks. How long it takes to get feature complete and the right gear also bugs me. Despite that, I do have a lot of fond memories with this game. I look at D2R videos and think maybe I could still.

damager

Arbiter
Nah man D2's skillsystem is way better than D3

You don't need to have a "feature complete" build to have a functional char and fun in the game. The journey is the destination!

Gregz

Arcane
So classes are still???
Nigger
Homeless Man
Chinese woman
MANazon
Lard ass
Goth Kid
Sorceress

I don’t understand why nobody has made a reskin mod to fix this. The animations are also worse, but a reskin would be enough.

1) Blizzard deliberately made modifying D2R extremely tedious, and in some cases almost impossible. Try implementing new oskills with controller support, for instance.

2) Mods like the kind you are proposing will get you banned from nexus mods, moddb, etc.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
1) Blizzard deliberately made modifying D2R extremely tedious, and in some cases almost impossible. Try implementing new oskills with controller support, for instance.

2) Mods like the kind you are proposing will get you banned from nexus mods, moddb, etc.

I know. But I thought with the popularity of D2, someone would at least make a ‘restoration’ reskin, like a very miniature American Krogan.

Last edited:
So classes are still???
Nigger
Homeless Man
Chinese woman
MANazon
Lard ass
Goth Kid
Sorceress
Amazon's the worst one. They didn't just nerf her looks, her animations look markedly worse. She marches around like a linebacker. The dodges and attacks don't have the agile, cat-like animations that original D2 had. Same thing with the Assassin- her running animation doesn't convey the same sense of speed as her sprites used to.

When I was big into D2:R a couple years ago I would mostly switch to 'classic' graphics. But from a gameplay perspective that puts you in a disadvantage because it's not widescreen and it displays less items on the ground.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
Amazon's the worst one. They didn't just nerf her looks, her animations look markedly worse. She marches around like a linebacker. The dodges and attacks don't have the agile, cat-like animations that original D2 had. Same thing with the Assassin- her running animation doesn't convey the same sense of speed as her sprites used to.

The Paladin doesn't lift his knees when he runs anymore, so he also has the Frankenstein's Monster March going on.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
So, would they allow minecraft blocky mods with smiley faces?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom