Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

Codex Year of the Donut
t-t-they're not marketing towards the chinese! what are you talking about!
turns the goth gf assassin into some kind of han abomination

Codex Year of the Donut
The talk about them making the Paladin black is stupid given he was black before. I can kind of get missing this in the in-game model, but he's very clearly a black guy in the art for the magazine ad.

full
That doesn't look like official Blizzard artwork to me, lots of ads outsource the art. For a rather infamous example, look at the hairy mutant ad for Fallout.
For reference, these are official Blizzard depictions at the time.
Diablo-10-Things-Fans-Need-To-Know-About-The-Paladin-featured-image.jpg

Looks like some kind of north african/arab/indian/possibly Ethiopian.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
apparently amazon not getting jawline right toward one piece of old art and looking like 9 other ones is "censoring". More like retards have brain tumor.

full
upload_2021-2-21_5-3-16-png.17823
full
full
maxresdefault.jpg

upload_2021-2-21_4-45-35.png

Continue to ignore and downplay the obvious retard.

For some devs that pride themselves into respecting the assets and feel of the original and making replicas nearly 1:1 as a sign of respect for the source material, they somehow failed lamentably when portraying a young, lean and blonde "white" woman.

Even MrLamaSC that is super lenient laughed his ass out and said that having a character that is 30+ years older and looks like a man that tries to cosplay the D2 amazon, this shit is totally out of place.

You proved to be as a zealous apologist like the legendary retard Dildolos and proved you can be on par with him when someone tries to bring some valid criticism.

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane
Are they going to change the gameplay actually? One of the reasons I don't like Diablo 2 aside from the lack of endgame content is how ridiculous the powercreep has become over the patches. It's very easy to speedrun through the game with the buffs to the classes + knowing a few runewords. Everything together gives me a feeling of pointlessness about the entire game.

Goddamn it why can retards not be content that at some point you are DONE. This endless crap like Rifts in D3 is utterly retarded. Even mapping in PoE has clear endbosses and NOT endless level spiral where a fucking flea can suddenly one shot you. D2 is fine as it is. It has over a dozen bosses that you can farm and an equal amount of TC 85 areas to farm. There is stuff like hell rushes and countess for runes, Baal runs and Cows for leveling and Kurast council for gold farm. 5 acts and 3 difficulties on top of that is more than enough. If you really feel for it you can do Ubers.
Nevermind that there are a at least half a dozen builds for each class give or take especially prior to synergies. Ah that reminds me that synergies suck donkey balls and I could not give two tugs of a dead dogs cock about them.

Last edited:

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
Just look at the druid and barbarian. They both look ready to take on whatever hell unleashes against them. That's the real deal.
In the remaster they look like they're demoralized at the thought of having to go fight off the armies of hell. They'd much rather be at home taking care of their wives children.

Sykar

Arcane
"endgame" is absolutely retarded
"oh boy I'm going to go play this game for 200 hours before I get to the actual part that is worth playing"

Yes, all parts should be worth playing and that is the case for D2. Normal is the crap gear and I shit my pants at most act bosses since they can kill me one second phase. NM is the phase where I build up and it becomes easier and is also high enough that some nice stuff can drop, buy or craft that is hell capable. Hell is a new difficulty spike where the act bosses are not that bad, though can still be tough, but certain combinations of uniques and auras/special attributes can kill you in 2-3 seconds even in top notch gear.
All difficulties have their "Daseinsbrechtigung".

She is not ugly, I would have sex with her!

You would have sex with anything!

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Just look at the druid and barbarian. They both look ready to take on whatever hell unleashes against them. That's the real deal.
In the remaster they look like they're demoralized at the thought of having to go fight off the armies of hell. They'd much rather be at home taking care of their wives children.

They took away the druid's ponytail and chin strip. I'm personally offended.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Why hasn't Paladin changed?

upload_2021-2-21_5-29-59.png

but it was changed.

from a dark skinned Indian type male
main-qimg-fa7e77543efd5cde7e28748fd8b596bb-c
, now is a negro with full blown puffed lips, gorilla nose and steel wool hair.
Palladin Lives Matter!

edit: If I were black, I would be offended by the stereotype :)

Last edited:

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
She is not ugly, I would have sex with her!

She is not. In her youth she would've been beautiful but at her venerable age, the lack of estrogen because of menopause and all that testosterone building up because of all that effort cracking monster skulls, all these factors made her look like a washed out transgender/tranny. :)

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
upload_2021-2-21_6-11-35.png

In this photo it seems that in the end, the palladin is just a beautiful caucasian that fell asleep in the tanning booth. :)

upload_2021-2-21_6-12-9.png
upload_2021-2-21_6-11-59.png

OMG, I see this ingame assets for the first time and it looks so bad.

The amazon to the left looks like somebody cropped and pasted in Microsoft Paint a middle-aged male face. Just look at that shit...

And from the lean sorceress with very characteristic facial features, now we have a generic thing that only does intense leg sessions at the power-gym.

But we can't have proper lean feminine legs because strong women have strong legs in this retarded woke artist mind
full
full

And the barbarian is Dave Bautista.

Attachments

• upload_2021-2-21_6-11-27.png
    upload_2021-2-21_6-11-27.png
    410.8 KB · Views: 70
  • upload_2021-2-21_6-11-43.png
    upload_2021-2-21_6-11-43.png
    125.4 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Many years ago, a freshly co-opted game studio into Blizzard, made Diablo and defined a genre.

Decades later, a freshly co-opted studio into Blizzard, makes an enhanced version of the other co-opted devs game and the internet is in elation.

I mean literally, after the D4's rogue gameplay reveal, with its anime over the top combat, colorful bombastic and clowny effects, and visual aesthetics that are D3's with a thin veneer, does anyone talk about D4 right now?

I bet the D2 remastered reveal stole the entire show and eclipsed D4 so badly that someone at Blizzard is fuming right now.

Last edited:

purupuru

Learned
The talk about them making the Paladin black is stupid given he was black before. I can kind of get missing this in the in-game model, but he's very clearly a black guy in the art for the magazine ad.

full
That doesn't look like official Blizzard artwork to me, lots of ads outsource the art. For a rather infamous example, look at the hairy mutant ad for Fallout.
For reference, these are official Blizzard depictions at the time.
Diablo-10-Things-Fans-Need-To-Know-About-The-Paladin-featured-image.jpg

Looks like some kind of north african/arab/indian/possibly Ethiopian.
You are right rusty, we do need a cope button badly. Also the pic on the left looks almost exactly like Cafu the soccer player.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom