Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Remasters/remakes should be boycotted by default.

No. There are good ones. A tiny minority, obviously, but they do exist. Tib Dawn and Red Alert, for example.
AoE2 and Starcraft too. The Crash Bandicoot trilogy also comes to mind.
what-you-talkin-bout-willis-gif-8.gif

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Eh... you can finish diablo with any of the others (rogue, sorcerer, bard, barbarian, monk) and get their cutscene. I guess they just slammed it into the warrior's skull when they met back at Tristram.

"Psst... he buddy!"

"yah, what?

"you wanna see a neat trick?"

"eh, sure."

[they slam the stone in his forehead - go to same cutscene again but with laughing mage/rogue]

That's fucking hilarious. See you wandering around eh? Have fun with that.

[warrior on the ground... you mother fuckers!!!!!:argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh:]

Monkey Baron

Arbiter
Patron
I helped put crap in Monomyth

to sum it up, thank China

P3HuIog.png

I haven't followed the development of this too closely but what have they "censored" apart from the amazon?

XPPKJnm.png

Her boobs are smaller and her hips aren't showing. I don't think that's egregious, since unsecured breasts flopping around isn't practical. The worst part of the amazon for me is how haggard she looks. I'm probably part of the minority where I don't expect or want every character to be extremely hot, but the remastered amazon looks 40+ when I expect her to be a young agile woman.

Andariel looks fine from what I can tell, but what else is there? I also noticed that Grummz has deleted his tweets.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer

to sum it up, thank China

wow. their faces. I might have bought it before this, but yikes.

I'll stick with my old copy of D2 rather than play a transsexual.

Hmmm....
D2_wallpaper_amazon_01-buffed.jpg

Amazon-Diablo-2-video-game-a.jpg

I noticed they made her breasts loom more like manly pecs rather than voluptous mounds of fondling fun.
diablo-2-amazon.png

Fucking Bruce Jenner now. And more armor again? Wtf? Warhammer 40k get on board?

Reinhardt

Arcane
I don't think that's egregious, since unsecured breasts flopping around isn't practical.
Nigger, it's game where you fight gojira-size demons in melee. The ONLY practical thing will be to run in opposite direction and never look back. Your armor is useless no matter how "practical" it is. So fuck off. Tits and ass is the only reason to play as female character.

lycanwarrior

Scholar
Enjoyed Diablo 2 multiplayer back in the day.

But nowadays Blizzard and Activision game just don't interest me whatsoever.

Although D3 was decent, it didn't hold a candle to either D1 or D2.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
diablo-2-amazon.png

Fucking Bruce Jenner now. And more armor again?
It literally is a tranny.

You know these people. You know how they think. They swapped in an Asian just for diversity. They made the paladin into an absolute caricature of a black man. This SJW stuff is all they think about.

You KNOW that they would be all too willing to turn the Amazon into an actual tranny and just not confirm it, at least until a few years later.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I went to see about buying a copy of D2, since I can't find my CDs and it wouldn't sell it to me. Is that happening for anyone else?

I can still redeem the codes though, so if you search it up, you can find it and the expansion pretty cheap on sites that sell them.

I was going to buy the new edition before seeing Bruce there earlier in the thread. I don't even want to know what other gayness they've slipped in there.

Olinser

Arbiter
Oh, look guys.

Exactly as predicted, Diablo 2 'remaster' is already dumping features.

They quietly removed TCP/IP multiplayer support, a feature of the original, and an EXPLICITLY PROMISED FEATURE in the 'remaster'. They don't want you to have the ability to play anywhere but the D2 official servers.

Activision Blizzard is really a fucking joke.

covr

Prophet
Patron
There is a reason - consoles.
I am quite familiar with original D2 experience l and I can't wait to try playing this remaster, lying on the coach in front of big TV. It might be fun, playing this in the middle of the night, like I did when I was 12.
Of course I won't pay the full price for a product I have already own for PC. Fortunately there are Argentinian/Russian XBOX codes resellers.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
You know, if they really wanted to do a graphical touchup, then when you choose your class you could custom fuck around with their appearance. Just as well get rid of the class gender lock since you have a TG amazon. So female/male any class and whatever skin color, height/weight, facial hair etc. Bring on the bearded fat green skinned assassin. Make teela from the new heman.

I'd opt for the paper bag mod immediately if you play the amazon.

Saravan

Savant
Last good game that came out of Blizzard was Warcraft 3. Decline all the way down afterwards. I guess you could argue WoW that came after WC3 was "good" in that it was the most successful MMO to date but that would be arguing from a financial perspective.

Anyways, Diablo series died with D2, it's simply not the same team anymore (Blizzard North).

Saravan

Savant
I'm actually surprised the woke police didn't go after the Paladin remake. Looks like he's from Harlem rather than a north African region. The original face is clearly more angular like someone from north Africa or a mix of middle eastern features, say moroccan. There are differences to be observed if one wants to autism it fully.

alighieri

Educated
Last good game that came out of Blizzard was Warcraft 3. Decline all the way down afterwards. I guess you could argue WoW that came after WC3 was "good" in that it was the most successful MMO to date but that would be arguing from a financial perspective.

Anyways, Diablo series died with D2, it's simply not the same team anymore (Blizzard North).

Vanilla WoW + BC was pretty kino before social media, data mining and guides were a thing. discovering huge worlds with your friends where nobody had a plan how shit worked was a pretty fun time

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom