Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Lacrymas the point being you aren’t actually *making* a specific argument
That's because I don't have an argument and this isn't a debate (let alone a debate I want to be involved in). I don't have a high opinion about debates in general. I just asked a few questions that are worth asking ourselves and pointed out where the actual arguments are being made, that's all.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I don't have an argument

Yes. We noticed. Now kindly
thoth.png

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
"welcome to a fraction of what the non-straights are subjected to"

I'm sorry I don't find anal sex with another man very sexy. Can my Amazon be hot again?
That's a disturbing image. Well you're a spider so of course not. You'd get squished. And spiders just don't... I don't think.

spinneret_large.jpg

82251d9cbd92aadd32601715b04a1039.jpg

b977623750f4d7e2feaf028c57b317db--scanning-electron-micrograph-electron-microscope.jpg

m40dujzgpnq21.png

3_CATERS_ALIEN_BUM_SPIDER_04-1024x683.jpg

SdseMuqGRUGAjJogDBkX9T-1200-80.jpg
Anyways, I thought there were studies based on symmetry abd attractiveness. Didn't most males of various species prefer various attributes to determine fertility and possible excellent traits to pass to progeny. Its like a primal instinct but those that nature didn't gift seem to want to bastardize everything believing they know better than design of survival of the fittest.

Face it, fat, stubby limbed, heart attack gasping, smoking, near sighted, balding, toothless, mentally vile sjw isn't the top of the female breeding factory. Its something that most males will shy away from.

Yeah, it comes down to sexual attraction. If the game was built with ugly sjw models in the original no one would give a fuck. Bliz goes through all that work but makes decisions based on some stupid woke agenda. Very retarded.

Set visual and audio aside. Is it buggy? Can it be modded? Can you serial port with others? Will battlenet be shit? Will they be patrolling BN like a bunch of woke trolls?

I want to hear about the crap issues when this is released.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Spot on bottom pic. They were falsely advertising in the other. TRAP!!!

Maybe some sexy options eh?
THE ASSASSIN NON-ASIAN
6ZAdl1L.jpg

TG NECROMANCER
ZfVVYna.jpg

A few possibilities for Amazon TG and... uh
D4Zb8fL.jpg

dKGY0oo.jpg

hmmm D2 Halloween.

Harthwain

Magister
Don't be naive, it's about them not being sexy enough.
Bullshit. I don't care about Sorceress' slightly longer skirt. I doubt I'd notice detail this small in game. But the complete "revision" of the iconic characters? In a supposed remaster? You bet that people who care about their favourite game (this or any other) won't be OK with that. While some characters get more attention than others, it's universally agreed that Barbarian's and Druid's "transformations" are also a bothed job.

Everything must be deconstructed and turned to shit these days.
This way the Codex can justly say: "Everything is shit".

Lacrymas

Arcane
Don't be naive, it's about them not being sexy enough.
Bullshit. I don't care about Sorceress' slightly longer skirt. I doubt I'd notice detail this small in game. But the complete "revision" of the iconic characters? In a supposed remaster?
Even if I were to believe you personally care only that they've changed the looks of the characters too radically, I'm not as naive as to believe that is the case for everyone. The majority of this outrage is about them not being sexy enough in the eyes of the complainers.

Harthwain

Magister
Even if I were to believe you personally care only that they've changed the looks of the characters too radically, I'm not as naive as to believe that is the case for everyone. The majority of this outrage is about them not being sexy enough in the eyes of the complainers.
So you say, but if the people who complain are the ones who grew up with Diablo 2 (or are big fans of Diablo series), then I'd say you're mistaken in your assumption, because people like that are closer to true gamers and have different priorities.

Tarkleigh

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Making the women less sexy is pure decline. True, you don't have to use attractive models in a video game but as it is just virtual art there is really no reason not to. Most people like looking at attractive people (which is basically the only reason Instagram exists), so it is a cheap way to make a game better. Of course, some loud SJW harpies take umbrage with that since they think beauty is a social construct (hint: it isn't) and if they just remove enough depictions of beautiful women, they might feel better despite being fat / ugly. Won't work, obviously, because even if someone would ignore their looks, they still have toxic personalities.

The most funny thing about this discussion is the lack of self-awareness. The SJWs bitch and moan about thin, beautiful women and completely ignore that all guys in video games are super buff gymbros. So, Miranda's ass has to go from the Mass Effect remaster but all this shirtless scenes of James Vega are still there. But yes, please tell us more about unrealistic beauty standards. Because obviously it is harder for women not to eat all the cake than for men to get fucking ripped :D

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
beauty is a social construct (hint: it isn't)
It depends on what you mean by this. How do you know it isn't a social construct? And what do you mean by "social construct"?
The most funny thing about this discussion is the lack of self-awareness. The SJWs bitch and moan about thin, beautiful women and completely ignore that all guys in video games are super buff gymbros. So, Miranda's ass has to go from the Mass Effect remaster but all this shirtless scenes of James Vega are still there. But yes, please tell us more about unrealistic beauty standards. Because obviously it is harder for women not to eat all the cake than for men to get fucking ripped :D
There are many reasons why a shirtless guy isn't considered exploited, but the quick answer is that it's all about framing and how our culture perceives men, their bodies, and their sexuality.

mkultra

Augur
I just don't understand why they're giving in for these perhaps 1000 loud/angry simps on Twitter (many which aren't gamers at all, just loud activists) vs millions who absolutely hates those people.

Please remember to give them a very clear message and do not support this product, there will be other ways to play this game if you must.

Tarkleigh

Learned
Patron
It depends on what you mean by this. How do you know it isn't a social construct? And what do you mean by "social construct"?

The claim of the feminists (and really most movements inspired by the Critical Theory) is that there is no natural or ingrained understand of what "beauty" means for humans and that subtle messages from the media and society around you slowly create an artifical standard in you while you grow up. So, for instance, the media is filled with thin women which gives the impression that thin is more attractive than fat which is how this beauty standard is created. The claim is that without this messaging, this standard would not exist and as this standard is understood as harmful the messaging must change. Therefore, pictures of attractive, thin women in the media are a hot button issue for followers of this theory.

Now, the thing is that obviously what is attractive changes between culture a bit, there is also evidence that some beauty standards (symmety for instance and the waist to hip ratio) is universial between cultures which obviously refutes the idea that all standers are constructed. There is some influence but not as much as they think and changing the media most likely will not make a woman with a BMI of 35 attractive.

There are many reasons why a shirtless guy isn't considered exploited, but the quick answer is that it's all about framing and how our culture perceives men, their bodies, and their sexuality.

Well, ultimately I think an equal society can only work if we apply the same standards to both sexes (and all races) otherwise the new order would not be stable and would only create more resentment.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
So, for instance, the media is filled with thin women which gives the impression that thin is more attractive than fat which is how this beauty standard is created. The claim is that without this messaging, this standard would not exist and as this standard is understood as harmful the messaging must change.

That's the kicker. Why the fuck would the thin standard be considered harmful, if, from a purely medical perspective, fat people are less healthy?

Which, by the way, is probably the real reason why fat people aren't considered attractive. They would make poor mates in the long run, and even worse, our animal brains don't want to risk their propensity towards gaining weight being hereditary.

Tarkleigh

Learned
Patron
So, for instance, the media is filled with thin women which gives the impression that thin is more attractive than fat which is how this beauty standard is created. The claim is that without this messaging, this standard would not exist and as this standard is understood as harmful the messaging must change.

That's the kicker. Why the fuck would the thin standard be considered harmful, if, from a purely medical perspective, fat people are less healthy?

Which, by the way, is probably the real reason why fat people aren't considered attractive. They would make poor mates in the long run, and even worse, our animal brains don't want to risk their propensity towards gaining weight being hereditary.

Anorexia is sometimes given as a reason but this argument does not hold as obesity kills a lot more people. Usually the feminists do not bother with this, though, and just lump it under "oppression". It is a pretty good example of feels > reals. They want to be seen as attractive but are not and this has to be society's fault and not theirs.

As far as sexual objectication in video games goes, I personally think the best way is to objectfiy everyone. Bring back the sideboobs for the sorc but also make barb shirtless or something - this way, there is something for everyone :D

Lacrymas

Arcane
You both fail to acknowledge that many people are attracted to fatness in particular (chubby chasers) or don't mind it if it happens to arise. My current ...something is not the fittest person in the world, but I still think he's the most attractive man I've ever seen even though I'm not usually attracted to fat people. Something is "considered" attractive only within a culture and there have been many eras in which chubby women were considered peak sexy. The point of the "fat activists" is not to force people to think they are attractive, but to combat the discrimination faced by fat people that have real consequences. For example, doctors are more likely to dismiss a patient's symptoms if they are fat and only give the advice to lose weight without further investigation. I feel like this is a particularly American issue, however, as the obesity rates there are staggering. I don't see much fat activism here in Germany while I see anti-racism and anti-homophobia activism all the time.

Harthwain

Magister
Therefore, pictures of attractive, thin women in the media are a hot button issue for followers of this theory.
I don't get why people think "thin" women are attractive (which probably is an euphemism for anorexia). Attractive people exercise. A woman can be fully clothed and still turn heads, because people are going to notice her shape. But I guess lazy women like to think they can get pretty just by starving themselves, because putting the actual work in how you look is... well, harder.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
You both fail to acknowledge that many people are attracted to fatness in particular (chubby chasers) or don't mind it if it happens to arise.

Statistics needed.

My current ...something is not the fittest person in the world, but I still think he's the most attractive man I've ever seen

See, your case obviously is different, as, being attracted to the same gender, your analysis of other peoples' appearence is completely bereft of the natural procreational considerations. That being said, your taste in men is apparently shit anyway. Beggars can't be choosers, I guess.

Something is "considered" attractive only within a culture and there have been many eras in which chubby women were considered peak sexy.

Yes. The eras when it was either "chubby" or "malnourished", so the chubbies were actually the healthier ones and had better chances of bearing offspring.

The point of the "fat activists" is not to force people to think they are attractive, but to combat the discrimination faced by fat people that have real consequences. For example, doctors are more likely to dismiss a patient's symptoms if they are fat and only give the advice to lose weight without further investigation.

This might come as a shock to you, but in most cases this is actually sound advice, as it is the fact these people are overweight that is the source of their health issues.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Even though I like men as well as women, I don't think my sexuality works any differently than any other person's and that I'm somehow spared from the "natural procreational considerations". It's more likely that those have been artifically put on the forefront. The vast, vaaaaaaaast majority of sex is performed without procreation and attraction doesn't work the way you seem to think. Are you talking from the point of evolutionary psychology? A field famous for being rife with pseudoscience and untestable hypotheses? I specifically did not mention it until now because it's an intellectual dark hole that neither one of us can get out of and it will just amount to arguing about the validity of the discipline. Have you never been in situation where you don't immediately physically like a person but then find out they are smart/funny/charming/caring/etc. and developed feelings for them either way? It certainly seems that way. What you are proposing also fails to account for same-sex attraction and the mechanisms involved or the abundance of non-procreational sex techniques in any group.

Saravan

Savant
Ok cool, but again, this is a D2 remaster of the original. Not D2 ching-chong & tranny edition.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom