Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

ArchAngel

Arcane
Battlenet truly is next level shit platform and I used Epic for a while as well. Too bad I cannot play SC2 without it and I still like to play that from time to time.

When Stormcraft comes out I hope I can ditch Sc2 for good and Battlenet with it. I will not be able to afford Diablo IV anyways so I don't care for that one in near future.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Of course a multimillion dollar company doesn't care. I was curious how customer service was and how well they'd deliver on the product. It was an abysmal fail or good luck depending on how you look at it. As to boomer, I have no fucking clue what you are referencing (a FPS enthusiast or a baby boomer which i fucking am not. Check the age motherfucker... Gen X).

I only skimmed the bliz blogs and noticed there were others that refunded this a while ago. I don't have easy access to internet. I have to travel way into town and find a cafe or library that I can wifi or hardline into the net. So, it becomes an issue when i purchase and it fails. I merely wanted to share one failing in case someone wondered. It turns out, in my case, refunding was easier than actually installing. It took a while for me to navigate the menus as the only bliz I ever bought was disc media. Online mods for old media wasn't on a blizzard site (did that back in my dialup days for mods).

Yeah, I've heard of torrents and pirating etc. You think i don't? I'm not going to waste my time torrenting this though. I was already bored after I hit the purchase button. Hell, I'd say a tad depressed as well. Weeding the field is more enjoyable.

damager

Arbiter
If Blizzard is smart, they should release an proper expansion pack for D2R. That would even bring old players into the game who haven't even touched D2r so far. Would be a massiv success, I can promise that.

Should be easy to get a guy like David Brevik to do the lead, the way he talks about Diablo I and II to this day. I would love to see that realized, would hype me up more than a Diablo IV or V ever could.

Codex Year of the Donut
They don't care, trust me. They made over 50 million dollars from Diablo Immortal since it came out. Yes, from the worst reviewed game in history.
I'm old enough to remember when people laughed at the idea of "too big to fail"
It doesn't matter what they shit out so long as the right IP is put on that steaming pile, as has been proven again and again.

Self-Ejected

Lim-Dûl

Self-Ejected
If Blizzard is smart, they should release an proper expansion pack for D2R. That would even bring old players into the game who haven't even touched D2r so far. Would be a massiv success, I can promise that.

Should be easy to get a guy like David Brevik to do the lead, the way he talks about Diablo I and II to this day. I would love to see that realized, would hype me up more than a Diablo IV or V ever could.
I'd rather they stopped touching D2 unless they collaborated with the PD2 devs and other dedicated players. The character models, animations, UI and other visual aspects in D2R are unsalvageable so the new expansion would need to be extremely good to be worth playing. Who knows if David Brevik is capable of making anything worthwhile anymore.

damager

Arbiter

I'd rather they stopped touching D2 unless they collaborated with the PD2 devs and other dedicated players. The character models, animations, UI and other visual aspects in D2R are unsalvageable so the new expansion would need to be extremely good to be worth playing. Who knows if David Brevik is capable of making anything worthwhile anymore.
Only thing I can really critique is the faces and comstumes of certain player characters. UI, animations and visuals seem fine for me for the most parts. Visuals exspecially are a gorgeous for a remaster. Why would you rather have nothing, than at least a shot at a good expansion? Sounds pretty edgy. I mean it's still better than nothing, no matter how it turns out. The old content became stale long ago.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
What type of fucking internet do you need to even DL the bitch? Soneone told me it was due to world wide Blizzard maintenance on battlenet servers those days. Sounds like bullshit.

Watch some dude make a project of a full TBT diablo 1-4+ (like it was intended before it was dropped).

Nah, Blizzard of the Woke would have their heads.

Self-Ejected

Lim-Dûl

Self-Ejected

Only thing I can really critique is the faces and comstumes of certain player characters. UI, animations and visuals seem fine for me for the most parts. Visuals exspecially are a gorgeous for a remaster. Why would you rather have nothing, than at least a shot at a good expansion? Sounds pretty edgy. I mean it's still better than nothing, no matter how it turns out. The old content became stale long ago.
Because it's nearly certain that a new expansion will be absolute trash where the low quality additions will very likely seep into the rest of the game unless the expansion were completely isolated from the rest of the game. Multiplayer is a big part of the game so if they release such a thing you will likely need to get exposed to the additions whether you like it or not. Shit additions are worse than nothing. There are countless examples of originally at least decent games that turned into steaming piles of shit after getting stuff added to it.

damager

Arbiter

Because it's nearly certain that a new expansion will be absolute trash where the low quality additions will very likely seep into the rest of the game unless the expansion were completely isolated from the rest of the game. Multiplayer is a big part of the game so if they release such a thing you will likely need to get exposed to the additions whether you like it or not. Shit additions are worse than nothing. There are countless examples of originally at least decent games that turned into steaming piles of shit after getting stuff added to it.
If it sucks I can always play D2R:LoD or D2:LoD or PD2 or D2Plugy etc. I'm done with LoD at this point. I will gladly take a shot at an expansion and abandoned the game if it fails, so bored I am.

geno

Savant
How is the mod scene for Resurrected? Anything I should check?

Unfortunately it's very poorly supported by (((Blizzervision))), some think deliberately. There are some promising mods being made though.

Check out the DiabloMods discord: https://discord.gg/azgh7Uvh
It's not like the original had an awesome mod support despite the notable mods for it. I'll lurk the discord later, thank you.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/dia...urrected-ptr-2-5-terror-zones-now-live#Charms
To promote increased class build diversity, we are introducing six new Unique Grand Charms that allow the player to break specific monster immunity types while the charm is in their inventory.

You’ll notice a new keyword below called Sunder. This keyword means that if a monster has immunity to a specific damage type, their resistance will be reduced to 95% regardless of what their starting resistance percentage was—breaking their immunity and allowing damage of that type to be dealt to them. Sunder is applied before other resistance reducing modifiers and only affects non-players. These new unique charms will only drop from Terrorized monsters of Champion, Unique, Superunique, or Boss difficulty. There is one tradeoff the comes with the new Unique Grand Charms—while they reduce a monster’s resistance, they also reduce your resistance to the same element, allowing you to receive more damage of that type. During the PTR, Sundering Charms will not drop from monsters and can only be tested through the PTR character templates mentioned later in the blog.

The Black Cleft​

• Monster Magic Immunity if Sundered
  • Magic Resist –50%

The Bone Break​

• Monster Physical Immunity is Sundered
  • Physical Damage Received Increased by 25%

The Cold Rupture​

• Monster Cold Immunity is Sundered
  • Cold Resist –75%

The Crack of the Heavens​

• Monster Lightning Immunity is Sundered
  • Lightning Resist –75%

The Flame Rift​

• Monster Fire Immunity is Sundered
  • Fire Resist –75%

The Rotting Fissure​

• Monster Poison Immunity is Sundered
  • Poison Resist –75%

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
The magic charm is worse than nothing excepting fringe cases.

Self-Ejected

HereticGuy

Self-Ejected
From the latest Diablo 2 Resurrected PTR 2.5 patch notes - now all the snowflakes can finally play at last:

Updated gender pronoun strings that referred to the player from “his / her” to the neutral counterpart “their.”
Holy shit! I thought you were joking and checked out the patch notes, shit is real.
MV5BYjcxMzM3OWMtNmM3Yy00YzBkLTkxMmQtMDk4MmM3Y2Y4MDliL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

I can relate with this guy more every new day.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron

Indeed, there are not too many magic immune enemies in the game and cannot gain magic res from gear.

Same goes for melee charm at least for hc players. most enemies deal phys dmg and -25% pdr is very significant. But d2 already heavily favors casters so this just makes playing melee even less tempting.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected

Indeed, there are not too many magic immune enemies in the game and cannot gain magic res from gear.

Same goes for melee charm at least for hc players. most enemies deal phys dmg and -25% pdr is very significant. But d2 already heavily favors casters so this just makes playing melee even less tempting.
When I'm playing hc, physical damage is the type I'm most wary of because of the way it works. I don't expect much from this company. Even so it seems extremely lazy for them to copy paste the same effects with different numbers without much regard for the properties of each element. Promoting "build diversity" while homogenizing the experience of playing different builds.

I'm glad I just played it when it came out for a while, had some fun, finished Hell, farmed a bit, and then stopped playing before they fucked with it further (of course it was already fucked with; removing Necromancer dialogue for example).

And before this fucking casual shit got added in:
https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/dia...urrected-ptr-2-5-terror-zones-now-live#Charms
To promote increased class build diversity, we are introducing six new Unique Grand Charms that allow the player to break specific monster immunity types while the charm is in their inventory.

You’ll notice a new keyword below called Sunder. This keyword means that if a monster has immunity to a specific damage type, their resistance will be reduced to 95% regardless of what their starting resistance percentage was—breaking their immunity and allowing damage of that type to be dealt to them. Sunder is applied before other resistance reducing modifiers and only affects non-players. These new unique charms will only drop from Terrorized monsters of Champion, Unique, Superunique, or Boss difficulty. There is one tradeoff the comes with the new Unique Grand Charms—while they reduce a monster’s resistance, they also reduce your resistance to the same element, allowing you to receive more damage of that type. During the PTR, Sundering Charms will not drop from monsters and can only be tested through the PTR character templates mentioned later in the blog.

The Black Cleft​

• Monster Magic Immunity if Sundered
  • Magic Resist –50%

The Bone Break​

• Monster Physical Immunity is Sundered
  • Physical Damage Received Increased by 25%

The Cold Rupture​

• Monster Cold Immunity is Sundered
  • Cold Resist –75%

The Crack of the Heavens​

• Monster Lightning Immunity is Sundered
  • Lightning Resist –75%

The Flame Rift​

• Monster Fire Immunity is Sundered
  • Fire Resist –75%

The Rotting Fissure​

• Monster Poison Immunity is Sundered
  • Poison Resist –75%

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom