Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 3 $43 preorder

Multi-headed Cow

With free shipping. Also available overseas for dirty foreigners, and the exchange rate of dollars to potato looks about right.
http://www.cdwow.us/games/diablo-iii-pc/dp/4759437

I want to buy it because it's Diablo 3 and I am a big disgusting Diablo loving whore, but I don't want to buy it because Blizzard is the anti-Christ and shit like region locked b.net bugs the piss out of me. But $43 with free shipping! WHAT AM I GOING TO DO :M

Multi-headed Cow

It would help if Runic had some new Torchlight 2 info out. Jesus Christ it has been months since they've said anything I NEED A FIX I NEED IT

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Thats rather cheap for Blizzard games. Even in potato. Perhaps I will buy it. But of course after first having 'tested' it extensively. Times when I bought games on impulse are long over.

FatCat

Educated
It will suck , it takes fuck load of time for blizzard to develop small and simple games that indie game company could pull-off in 2 years.Fuck blizzard bunch of lazy asses.After 20 fucking years gaming will be fully interactive with real world and blizzard will be fucking making same freaking shit with isometric view.

It's not diablo they are making , but just another shitty diablo-ripoff.

denizsi

Arcane
Diablo...

:yawn:

0,0,237,1689,360,360,9907b1a0.jpg

I have more fun using this baby at home.

hanssolo

Educated
FatCat said:
It will suck , it takes fuck load of time for blizzard to develop small and simple games that indie game company could pull-off in 2 years.Fuck blizzard bunch of lazy asses.After 20 fucking years gaming will be fully interactive with real world and blizzard will be fucking making same freaking shit with isometric view.

What is wrong with isometric? Would Diablo be "better" if first-person? Or as a sidescroller? Perspective isn't the sort of thing that gets better, different perspectives work better for different applications. As the bastard child of roguelikes, Diablo works well in isometric perspective.

I wouldn't call Diablo III "just another shitty diablo-ripoff", either. Most shitty diablo-ripoffs are actually ripoffs of Diablo II, and usually introduce some additional level of complexity to the base formula. Diablo III looks more like (Diablo II * WoW) / :retarded:.

FatCat

Educated
hanssolo said:
FatCat said:

What is wrong with isometric? Would Diablo be "better" if first-person? Or as a sidescroller? Perspective isn't the sort of thing that gets better, different perspectives work better for different applications. As the bastard child of roguelikes, Diablo works well in isometric perspective.

I wouldn't call Diablo III "just another shitty diablo-ripoff", either. Most shitty diablo-ripoffs are actually ripoffs of Diablo II, and usually introduce some additional level of complexity to the base formula. Diablo III looks more like (Diablo II * WoW) / :retarded:.

nothing is wrong with isometric now , what i meant that when games will become totally interactive with real world , blizzard will still make same totally games with updated graphics.They are afraid of any kind of innovations , they are playing safe and counting on nostalgia and their own reputation.

Project: Eternity
I think I will require an index finger transplant after Diablo 3 comes out. *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *click* *clickclick* *click* *clickclickclickclick* *click* *clickclickclick* *click* *click* *clickclickclickclick* *click* *click* *click* *click* *clickclickclickclick* *click* *click* *click* *clickclick*

hanssolo

Educated
FatCat said:
nothing is wrong with isometric now , what i meant that when games will become totally interactive with real world , blizzard will still make same totally games with updated graphics.They are afraid of any kind of innovations , they are playing safe and counting on nostalgia and their own reputation.

oh i c.

well hold on to your seat because THE FUTURE IS NOW!!!

500x_kinect_specs.jpg

KinectSports-420x0.jpg

kinect1-420x0.jpg

0618-kinect-sony-microsoft-gesture-control_full_600.jpg

Raapys

Arcane
hanssolo said:
Most shitty diablo-ripoffs are actually ripoffs of Diablo II, and usually introduce some additional level of complexity to the base formula.
They do? I've always thought of it the other way around. None of them really manage to capture everything Diablo 2 had, let alone add something good to the mix.

But yeah, Diablo 3 doesn't even seem to be trying.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Multi-headed Cow said:
With free shipping. Also available overseas for dirty foreigners, and the exchange rate of dollars to potato looks about right.
http://www.cdwow.us/games/diablo-iii-pc/dp/4759437

I want to buy it because it's Diablo 3 and I am a big disgusting Diablo loving whore, but I don't want to buy it because Blizzard is the anti-Christ and shit like region locked b.net bugs the piss out of me. But $43 with free shipping! WHAT AM I GOING TO DO :M

UK here. It's on amazon for 23£ including shipping, which is about 36$.

That said, despite me being a Diablo whore as well, and despite 23£ being a very reasonable price for an "AAA title", I will carry on my silent protest against Fapzzard and not buy the game.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
But there's important question to be asked:

Is it going to have facebook integration? :M

Zlaja

Arcane
I've never bought a Blizzard game before and I sure the hell don't intend to start now. :hardcore:

attackfighter

Magister
Well I bought starcrap 2 for $60 and it turned out to be the worst game in the world. So in comparison buying the second worst game in the world for a mere $43 doesn't sound so bad...

DraQ

Arcane
Yeah, Diablo 1 was awesome.

Diablo 2 decent for coop, meh otherwise - too much grindan, not enough persistency nor atmosphere, with shit like raiding the same boss over and over because he had good chance of dropping something interesting.

Don't really care about Baublo 3 any more, so I'm immune.
:obviously:

P.S. Somebody shop Kotick's face with soulstone in his forehead and make a demotivator out of it subtitled DIABLO 3: Lord of Greed.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'll probably get Diablo 3, if only because Blizzard has me by the balls.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Is that website even legit? Something has to be amiss when one site offers it for $43 while the others have it around $60.

Multi-headed Cow said:
It would help if Runic had some new Torchlight 2 info out. Jesus Christ it has been months since they've said anything I NEED A FIX I NEED IT

Their target release date is sometime in May/June. Other than the other two classes most of the relevant info has already been released.

Multi-headed Cow

Metro said:
Is that website even legit? Something has to be amiss when one site offers it for $43 while the others have it around $60.

Multi-headed Cow said:

Their target release date is sometime in May/June. Other than the other two classes most of the relevant info has already been released.
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/CD_Wow They're most likely legit. The annoying thing being they apparently take the money when you place the order, not when it ships. I'm still kinda tempted though.

And they could put more Torchlight 2 screenshots or videos up or something! SOMETHING!

MisterStone

Arcane
Diablo3: a short roguelike limited in content and scope marketed to graphics whores. :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom