Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Diablo 3 officially announced

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Major_Blackhart said:
We shall play this all of us online at Battlenet.
I'd love it if the Codex coops through D3 once it's released. We could have metallix, you, KC, me, Kingston... would be fun! We did that for D2 a while ago; just played it through on hardcore. Was a lot of fun!

Plus, all the bickering and bitching!

Ryuken

Liturgist
According to the press conference aftermath 4-5 players co-op is the plan (there's only going to be five characters apparently so that makes sense). And yeah, Boyarsky's art is definitely in I think, that art trailer alone had pictures with his style in.

Random generated stuff is still present (wouldn't have expected that judging from the gameplay vids and the detailed environment) which is nice. Seems like a long way off though, if it's gonna be delayed as much as Diablo II was then we might not even see it in 2009.

Xi

Arcane
It looks pretty good actually. I prefer Blizzard's stylistic graphics to the photo realistic plastic stuff any day. Not to mention it will probably run well on a moderate computer.

Seems like they have transfered some WoW design over to D3. Not sure how this will play out yet. Hopefully they release more information soon.

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The main question is, will there be a cow level?

And also, this game is still nothing compared to starcraft.

Amon Gesoto

Educated
After watching the gameplay video, the fact they took out potions for fast gameplay seems somewhat lame.

And the question that comes to mind is just how generous are they going to be with those orbs?

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Amon Gesoto said:
After watching the gameplay video, the fact they took out potions for fast gameplay seems somewhat lame.

And the question that comes to mind is just how generous are they going to be with those orbs?

AFAIK, no, they didn't remove the potions. The orbs are an additional healing method.

Amon Gesoto

Educated
If so, that would be a bit of a relief. But the gameplay video seemed to imply they weren't there, and I never saw the Barbarian or the Witch Doctor use one.

almondblight

Arcane
Why do the Barbarian's skills suck? I hope they don't go the SC2 route fo just beefing everything up. Jump shouldn't kill everything around it, cleave seems like it's too much like whirlwind, and seismic thrust seems a bit out of character for a melee type warrior. Hope they change things a bit, I liked that a lot fo the DII skills weren't that strong, but that you had to use them right or combine them.

Witchdoctor looks like it has the necromancers bonewall?

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
I think they were haxxored characters, I doubt they'd be that powerful in the game.

Bonewall didn't do damage. A wall of zombies is kinda cool.

A few concers I had:

1) Making you feel like a badass - Nothing wrong per se, and it does look friggin' awesome, but I was hoping for the dire atmosphere in D1. In D1 you weren't an asskicker, you were a survivor (partly to do with permadeath). I just don't want it to feel like I can plough through everything with ease.

2) Inflation of big monsters. At the end you fought the duriel-like monster, which was fun to watch, again. But I'm hoping we won't see one at the end of every area. Soon you'll grow accustomed to big monsters and they lose their presence. That's why seeing Andy, Duriel or whomever for the first time was "Wow, she's big!" They can't really get any bigger than the one shown in the gameplay video, otherwise they'll go through the camera.

almondblight

Arcane
True, but skills like jump were cool because they did no damage at all, you had to use them with other skills. I don't like the new "everything does damage" idea. Likewise, the barbarian was cool because his skills were focused on being a barbarian, not a caster. Maybe he had one shout that did a bit of damage? Shooting out a powerful seismic attack does not fit. And add in that whole in the ground effect for stomp to the "looks cool at first but will get annoying".

And same thought on the huge bosses. I want some small bosses, like Blood Raven and the Summoner. Mix it up a bit. That made DII fun.

The game looks good though.

Deacdo

Liturgist
Almost looks violent enough for me to overlook the whole gameplay issue.

tunguska

Liturgist
Blizzard web site said:
JavaScript must be enabled in order to view content on this website.

I can't get that website to load properly in Firefox 2 with noscript. I allowed the site in noscript but it still won't let me do anything. Gotta love web site designers who won't let you click on a screenshot without javascript. I'd like to give them the single finger salute.

I liked the art design of WOW even though I didn't like the game. Even if the art direction is good I highly doubt Blizzard knows how to make a real RPG. They do have a gift for making money though. I'm sure D3 will be a huge financial success.

Ghoulem

Erudite
Fuck, and I actually managed to choose an education this year. For what? Nothing matters anymore. Nothing. Nothing, but the loot.

Texas Red

Whiner
Jesus Christ, stop wanking to this shit. It's just a generic hack n slasher with maybe prettier graphics. You're delusional to think that this game is somehow better than Titan Quest. Don't you acknowledge that you're being hypocritical by bashing Space Siege and praising this?

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
It might be that the witch doctor does replace the necromancer. What does the necro do that the witch doctor can't? NOTHING! Bwahahah! My beloved barb is back tho. And they also have kewl female forms for hottness.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Looks great. They renamed Necromancer to Witch Doctor, I guess that sounds cooler.
female versions of the barbarian and witch doctor
FAP FAP FAP FAP

I watched the cimematic, looks like Blizzard hasn't gotten any less tropalicious or melodramatic

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Dark Individual said:
Jesus Christ, stop wanking to this shit. It's just a generic hack n slasher with maybe prettier graphics. You're delusional to think that this game is somehow better than Titan Quest. Don't you acknowledge that you're being hypocritical by bashing Space Siege and praising this?
Not even going to address your points, but you're not earning Kodex-Kool-Klub-points by posting this. Most here do realize, as shallow an RPG as Diablo/2 might be, that they're fucking great fun to play. Especially in coop. Really fun. They're like rogue-likes, but prettier and more mainstream accessible.

Dire Roach

Prophet
Ha-ha, glowy auras! So I guess my decked out (female) witch doctor will look like this:
38651cy6.jpg

And from the looks of the gameplay video it seems like the mindless spamming of one skill is still encouraged.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom