Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Deleted Member 22431

Now I know how it is pronounced. But what is it?
"Wololo" is the battle cry of the Priest unit featured in the 1997 historical real-time strategy game Age of Empires. Due to its association with the Priest's mystical ability to assume control of an opponent's unit through conversion, the sound effect has gained notoriety among the fans as one of the most dreaded stock lines from the game.

Got bored and left

There aren't any food stamps in Communism. You queue at the counter like a normal person.

Pic related:
in-communist-poland-every-day-was-black-friday-crazy-polish-7436145.png
These guys could be queueing to see a Beatles concert, albeit it looks a little too orderly for that.

If you take shit out of context you can label any photograph and try to make it illustrate a much more complex system.

Google a little and look at some random stats that pop up from Communist America from just a few years ago:

image002.jpg

Perhaps not the best retort, but that’s not my point here:

In all seriousness famine and economic insecurity are issues globally right now and they span economic and political systems.

You can snicker all you want with your buddies, but if you really want to discuss the merits of Communism or Liberal democracy and capitalism, sure go for it, but don’t just flaunt your memes to me.

You must be very fun at parties.

Deleted Member 22431

ZA/UM already has the support of the game press. That will ensure a postive metacritic score. Let's see how players will react.

I just hope these obscene graphics don't burn my old notebook.

Prime Junta

Wow, this took a serious turn.

Next time we do Communism I hope we don’t have to spend so much to deter imperialist aggression. Maybe that way we won’t have to have the queues.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Due to its association with the Priest's mystical ability to assume control of an opponent's unit through conversion, the sound effect has gained notoriety among the fans as one of the most dreaded stock lines from the game.

Ah what the conversion mean here. So it's a priest-like version of Yuri form C&C.
Now I got what wololo guy mean ahah. Big thanks!

Kalarion

Serial Ratist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
You can snicker all you want with your buddies, but if you really want to discuss the merits of Communism or Liberal democracy and capitalism, sure go for it, but don’t just flaunt your memes to me.

Are you fucking serious. This is exactly the place to have meme-level, shallow-as-possible, quickly-forgettable, "political debate". So that we can go back to talking about your game with the tiniest amount of wasted time.

If you want something approaching real discussion about politics in general- and the merits/demerits/comparisons of a given political system in specific- I direct you to https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?forums/politics-god-the-wealth-of-nations.57/.

I hope you fucking lurked the shit out of that subforum for the ~year you've had access, you're going to need a mental GPS to find the people worth seriously debating this stuff with.

Now quit whining about peoples' political opinions and post in detail about the Thought Cabinet!

vota DC

Augur
Very bad news.
Last devblog is about another trip from 30 November-3 December. But in Sweden. Developers were captured by Paradox Interactive.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
After Dreamhack they did a Devblog about....other games. Paradox annexed them and released as puppet? No information of the game they are making but information about other games....really strange.
Hope future of devlog won't be like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZrUOQnv8xk
Way to necro a thread, man

Come on what's going on

Hopefully this is all a prelude to that big Christmas gameplay video that's coming out any day now.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Way to necro a thread, man

Are you guys just backpedaling from evul KKKodex?
Really, what's going on?
Are you guys experiencing maybe major release date shifts? Connected to a Chinese translation?
Or maybe playtesting revealed a lot of scripts not working?
?

lophiaspis

Arbiter
My guess: London changed them. They've been turned into footstools by some neoliberal SJWs and now agree with 95% of the ruling class and the corporate media that the most horrible thing on Earth is working class people complaining about transgenderism and immigration. Ditching the Codex is part of an image shift related to their pleasant new career as jesters for the liberal bourgeoisie.

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
Aw, shucks, we haven’t ditched you guys :D I come here every day, read your love letters, sigh, and go back to work.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom