Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

GewuerzKahn

Savant
Collect bottles
Look out for a yellow plastic bag. With this equipped you can pick up bottles, either from the ground or by rooting around in garbage cans. You can then exchange these in the Frittte convenience store for money. You won't make a fortune this way, but it might help you afford a bed for the night.
Yes! Finally I can roleplay as a German bum.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Was interesting to hear the ACG guy talk about how having too high stats is a bad idea, as your character will start acting like a cunt to everyone.

Terenty

Liturgist
OK, just discovered a MAJOR flaw in the game: it doesn't adapt to my attempts at roleplaying a completely naked character. I went downstairs at the starting area without any clothes on, and Lieutenant Kim asks me to "search my pockets" for some items like nothing is different.

I withdraw my earlier review, new score is 0/100.

Fuck, it was the first thing i wanted to try to test the game's true RPGness. Nobody reacts whatsoever?

Prime Junta

Was interesting to hear the ACG guy talk about how having too high stats is a bad idea, as your character will start acting like a cunt to everyone.

I'll point out that you don't have to. Your brain just starts coming up with some fairly Codexian repartee. You can still take it or leave it.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Collect bottles
Look out for a yellow plastic bag. With this equipped you can pick up bottles, either from the ground or by rooting around in garbage cans. You can then exchange these in the Frittte convenience store for money. You won't make a fortune this way, but it might help you afford a bed for the night.

Finally a game worthy of Hobo Elf and HoboForEternity ! Do hope that you could live as a hobo too!

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
OK, just discovered a MAJOR flaw in the game: it doesn't adapt to my attempts at roleplaying a completely naked character. I went downstairs at the starting area without any clothes on, and Lieutenant Kim asks me to "search my pockets" for some items like nothing is different.

Fuck, it was the first thing i wanted to try to test the game's true RPGness. Nobody reacts whatsoever?
I rembember it being in the game at some point in the development, but I cannot comment further rn. Might be a bug. Might have been cut. Deus Vult.

Terenty

Liturgist

I rembember it being in the game at some point in the development, but I cannot comment further rn. Might be a bug. Might have been cut. Deus Vult.

Would my 1000 rubles be enough to patch it in asap?

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
Okay, I'm convinced, I'm going to D1P it. I feel slightly ill at the thought of paying full price for a game, but playing a drunk stuck in a hallucinatory nightmare is going to be useful preparation for the end of this month.

Deleted Member 16721

Okay, I'm convinced, I'm going to D1P it. I feel slightly ill at the thought of paying full price for a game, but playing a drunk stuck in a hallucinatory nightmare is going to be useful preparation for the end of this month.

Did you just spoil the game for everyone?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

Wait now... you can go outside naked?

And talk to little kids?

Vatnik Wumao
These reviews look good but they are also by literal whos and ACG, for whom I don't particularly care. I'll wait until more professional people like John Walker review this, or someone from IGN.
Don't forget John's brother Jack. He's a decent one himself.

Hellion

Arcane
Wait now... you can go outside naked?

And talk to little kids?

EkbKQU0.jpg

ztRx9gh.jpg

Terenty

Liturgist

Who the f are all these people?

If Ign, gamespot and other mainstream outlets had posted their previews it would have been a proper exposure for the people out there.

I hope they will post their video reviews at least

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom