Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

whocares

Savant
I will not eat the bugs. I will not live in a pod. I will not use 2FA.

Last edited:

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Kasparov do you have that Dolores Dei image (that one from the church) in high resolution and not broken? I would like to tattoo it.

I just met her and... fuck, this game is killing me :negative:
Are you for real? :?

What do you mean? Yep, I want to tattoo it. I have the symbol of torment on my shoulder!

Could be anything from Disco Elysium, but I could not find a symbol or some art that defines the game.

Vatnik Wumao

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Kasparov do you have that Dolores Dei image (that one from the church) in high resolution and not broken? I would like to tattoo it.

I just met her and... fuck, this game is killing me :negative:
Are you for real? :?

What do you mean? Yep, I want to tattoo it. I have yhe symbol of torment on my shoulder!
I'd never get a gaming tattoo myself, but props to you, lad.
I agree with you,still the picture is pretty good.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

fwBvRhz.jpg

I have it since 2005 :salute:

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
It is even worse

on the island

I had to get out of my apartament, take a walk and drink something. Now I am coming back to play again.

I think I gonna cry.

I dont feel like this since... Deionarra?
Is she the one I keep randomly talking to via buzzer in apartment building and payphone on the boardwalk?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
bataille please please please cite Derrida, it will forever break the Codex

In other news, this thing I'm writing, it is turning into an unsettlingly masturbatory autographical piece, Infinitron might regret his blanket "whatever you write, I'll publish it"

my mother's in it

not Derrida though

and I haven't even gotten to the actual game yet

We should all explore the wonders of postnatal depression which you caused to your mother.

To be honest, this is the pitch for Disco Elysium 2 right here: I want to be a forceps.

Mortmal

Arcane
Fuck it, would you really be interested in reading a piece that goes over my personal journey with ZA/UM from the preview to the bit where the phasmid made me cry?

That right there is the reason why you should not write a review for the game.

The phasmid part was absolutely trash and I'm pretty sure nobody can say for sure what the fuck it was all about. For me the entire encounter was meaningless because at that point the plot already jumped the shark when The Deserter was introduced.

While I do think the game is actually great as an immersive experience, I also strongly believe that the game is a complete failure from a narrative point of view. Mostly thanks to the unfocused writing and the failure to commit to any strong conclusions. The game always hints or teases, always jokes about serious themes, it's sassy and saucy but ultimately it fails to commit on anything.

I don't pretend to be a very erudite person and my emotional intelligence is limited but my impression is that there isn't much meat under the skin of the game. It's like it was written by people which barely left the hipster condition for people who need validation for their intelligence or their hobby.

I do agree that the writing is way above everything else released in the last years however within a literary perspective it's just mediocre. If this shit made you cry then you are not in a position to review the game. It will be redundant to have a review from you when we have dozens of pages where you praise the writing. Sorry for being blunt.
Well the phasmid part only make sense if you do the crypto zoologist quest, its one of those multiple quests, indeed unfocused, building up lore . Really you can figure what the fuck it is about
Bitter old deserter is alone on island with an unknown species of insect, a poisonous species to human , to camouflage themselves they emit some chemicals . It affect its brain and that's just the spark needed for him to commit murders
Is there much meat beneath the game ? Maybe not , there's a good illusion of choice but in fact there's several cockblock in the game some skill check you absolutely need to succeed. Some i still remember one in logic to get titus to speak , even if you dont have any points in it you have to succeed that no alternative , and one in shivers in the end .
Not sure its a game, but its certainly the most beautiful, both written and illustrated , cyoa book on a computer so far. Is it written by hipsters ? Maybe yes , as they dont even want to tell us if there's some more novels or anything in the work. What to say ... Unerudite foreigners are probably so beneath them they dont deserve to get such answers.

TT1

Arcane
Patron

fwBvRhz.jpg

I have it since 2005 :salute:

That's good ink. You did not cheap out. :salute:

I am really proud of this tattoo, indeed. It is a good tattoo, actually! PST had a fan website some years ago with pictures of real tattoos and mine was clearly the second best one there. I have it for almost 15 years now, and I am still proud, which is rare. I am not a sun person, so it is still holding on (but I think I will have to recolour it in couple of years - the symbols in red are hard to read, but fuck it, as Eric Campanella said they don't mean anything).

You might want to consider the Dolores Dei tattoo though, when you find out whose mother modelled for it.

Oh jesus, please tell me

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
He wouldn't , already asked last week. Its just a small group of enthusiast people working on a shoestring budget, probably feeding on cup noodles, in some slavic russian satellite state or something, yet they went all corporate secrecy. No comment on sales, no comment on future projects, complete corporate secrecy..

Prime Junta

He wouldn't , already asked last week. Its just a small group of enthusiast people working on a shoestring budget, probably feeding on cup noodles, in some slavic russian satellite state or something, yet they went all corporate secrecy. No comment on sales, no comment on future projects, complete corporate secrecy..

You asked Kasparov whose mom posed for the Dolores Dei portrait, and he wouldn’t tell?

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath

I wouldn't know about the cup noodles, but they've received additional funding from some Estonian oligarch. Hard to be so transparent when there's probably some guy going "Money, where is money?" on your ass.

Mortmal

Arcane

You asked Kasparov whose mom posed for the Dolores Dei portrait, and he wouldn’t tell?
No, i simply asked if there was some sequel or anything else in the work. Not such an extravagant demand i think....

Mortmal

Arcane

I wouldn't know about the cup noodles, but they've received additional funding from some Estonian oligarch. Hard to be so transparent when there's probably some guy going "Money, where is money?" on your ass.
Ah i get it they borrowed some money from mafia, now with disappointing sales they are on the run.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom