Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Viata

Arcane
I really hated Cuno's VA so I'm pretty sure I turned that shit off.

BruceVC

Magister
I am going to be starting on Disco this week as my next game, I have heard many good things about it. One of my brothers even went as far as saying " I must play this game, it changed his life "
So I am interested in all the hullabaloo :cool:

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I am going to be starting on Disco this week as my next game, I have heard many good things about it. One of my brothers even went as far as saying " I must play this game, it changed his life "
Enjoy the moffie kak en kommunis gemors, jou bedriëer. Sê vir jou broer hy het kak smaak.

BruceVC

Magister
Enjoy the moffie kak en kommunis gemors, jou bedriëer. Sê vir jou broer hy het kak smaak.
Well I look forward to deciding for myself what I think about Disco, your view is certainly noted
Also I would appreciate it if you can comment in English, no need for Afrikaans because its not like we need some covert way of posting

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Well I look forward to deciding for myself what I think about Disco, your view is certainly noted
Also I would appreciate it if you can comment in English, no need for Afrikaans because its not like we need some covert way of posting
gaan spring voor 'n kar in

BruceVC

Magister

I dont want you wasting time trying to insult me, my Afrikaans isnt great so I dont necessarily understand your uninformed views of me. Dont be scared, post in English...I promise you I wont get offended and I may even care to respond if I have time and interest :salute:

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

I dont want you wasting time trying to insult me, my Afrikaans isnt great so I dont necessarily understand your uninformed views of me. Dont be scared, post in English...I promise you I wont get offended and I may even care to respond if I have time and interest :salute:
Typical Cape Town faggot

BruceVC

Magister

Typical Cape Town faggot
No, you wrong. But I appreciate you allowing me to again confirm how uninformed you are, I have only been living in Cpt for 2 years but I lived in Gauteng for 22 years before that. Im also straight but absolutely support the rights of the LGBT community. So Im more of a JHB faggot if we are going to be grammatically correct which I assume matters to you :salute:

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Just ignore that dumbfuck. And of the several political stances you can take in the game, they are all made fun off.

Latelistener

Arcane
Good. A 4GB patch came out and the game is now 9GB in size instead of 18GB. How did they do that? You cannot possibly compress it that good. Most likely reduced the quality of something for the Switch release. Really "appreciate" it.

Such a hyped game but the dev didn't even bother to post a patch log on the Steam forums and judging by it there are no major fixes whatsoever (enjoy your new gigantic menu font though).

Getting tired of sending reports about audio issues no one apparently gives a shit about. It's all about conslows now, baby.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Is this the nintendo switch version?
Malinko.jpg

Maybe these?
bregolas-mario-and-luigi.jpg

mario_and_luigi_by_am_bearre-d59ysdo.jpg

jackofshadows

Magister
Good. A 4GB patch came out and the game is now 9GB in size instead of 18GB. How did they do that? You cannot possibly compress it that good. Most likely reduced the quality of something for the Switch release. Really "appreciate" it.

Such a hyped game but the dev didn't even bother to post a patch log on the Steam forums and judging by it there are no major fixes whatsoever (enjoy your new gigantic menu font though).

Getting tired of sending reports about audio issues no one apparently gives a shit about. It's all about conslows now, baby.
One more reason to demand add the "legacy" version on steam. Pre-final cut one, minus a few bugs perhaps.

Latelistener

Arcane

One more reason to demand add the "legacy" version on steam. Pre-final cut one, minus a few bugs perhaps.
I'm sorry to disappoint you, but it took them six fucking months to just fix the damn tutorial agent. The feature released apparently with Final Cut was there, but due to some bug couldn't be turned on.

If someone expects them to put some effort into releasing another "legacy" pre-Final Cut build WITH bug fixing, then they're going to wait until their bones turn to dust.

It would be good enough if they could at least fix the current build. If you dig good enough you can find that almost every character in the game has missing audio.

Btw this is how the menu looks now. Enjoy your Switch Edition on PC:

After:
disco-X4p3zb6kso.png

Before:
Disco-Elysium05242021-082337-95433.jpg
Edit:

header.jpg

It's so MEGAPHASMIC I want to roll back, but devs are too hardcore to leave a few previous builds available.

Last edited:

m_s0

Arcane
Good. A 4GB patch came out and the game is now 9GB in size instead of 18GB. How did they do that? You cannot possibly compress it that good. Most likely reduced the quality of something for the Switch release.
Except the Switch version is supposed to clock at 6,5gb as per the DE page on Nintendo's site. It couldn't possibly make sense to downgrade the assets for 1080p for PC just so that a much lower def version is in line with it, so I don't think that's 1:1 at least. The question is, I think: how do those additional 3gb vs the Switch release take the game from a (perhaps) relatively starved 1080p up to 4k, or whatever the maximum resolution for PC is.

Genuinely curious of this reduction in size. Some sort of upscaling? Cleaning up the assets for a final final release? Kasparov

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
Genuinely curious of this reduction in size. Some sort of upscaling? Cleaning up the assets for a final final release? Kasparov

Can’t keep playing this “boo hoo we’re total n00bz” card too long, but I think it applies in this case when I recall that the PC release from 2019 (two years ago to the day!) was our first ever video game.

Since then our boys and girls have managed to clean up the code quite a bit. Quite a feat really. Lots of moving parts in a video game. Amazing stuff. Very proud to know these people :salute:

BruceVC

Magister

Can’t keep playing this “boo hoo we’re total n00bz” card too long, but I think it applies in this case when I recall that the PC release from 2019 (two years ago to the day!) was our first ever video game.

Since then our boys and girls have managed to clean up the code quite a bit. Quite a feat really. Lots of moving parts in a video game. Amazing stuff. Very proud to know these people :salute:
I will definitely provide you with feedback on my personal experiences with playing Disco, I should start this week but I am excited because the overall gaming commentary and reviews have been positive and that is always a good thing

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I've only done one full playthrough, but I have so many and so clear memories from the conversations and scenes. The one where you have to notify the old woman of her husband's death was so real, it will stay with me for a long time.

Last edited:

Viata

Arcane
I've only done one full playthrough, but I have so much and so clear memories from the conversations and scenes. The one where you have to notify the old woman of her husband's death was so real, it will stay with me for a long time.
I'm waiting for the memories to go away so I can replay the game. The problem with detective stories is that once you know the culprit, it gets harder to re-read(or play in this case). Then again, the last part really sucks compared to how amazing everything was up to that point.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom