Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Editor thread

Aenra

you will excuse my skipping the hieroglyphs section, i just carry the stones from Nile; so to pose THE question:

will we or will we not have you slaving away see you porting either Day n Night/schedules or both for the D:OS EE?

JasonNH

Augur
I don't expect enough will change in Osiris that the scripting will need to be ported for the EE.

SniperHF

Arcane
you will excuse my skipping the hieroglyphs section, i just carry the stones from Nile; so to pose THE question:

will we or will we not have you slaving away see you porting either Day n Night/schedules or both for the D:OS EE?

One way or another this mod is coming out for both the regular and EE. Hopefully the EE version of the editor isn't delayed much. I strongly suspect it will break my map, but that's okay because my map is meh/crap anyway.

After I did a few of these sort of baseline schedules, I have a pretty good system down and I might make a template for them others can use after this is all done.

You do have to create more customized scripts for serious NPCS, but even that is proving pretty easy as you can take the generic NPC script and simply bolt stuff on to it.

The real slog is adding details like animations, text conversations, and testing. I'm going to do this over time, so the first release will probably just contain the two base states of awake and asleep.

Last edited:

Aenra

One way or another this mod is coming out for both the regular and EE

drool_20baby.jpg

JasonNH

Augur
What happens if you go and lie down in one of the beds that the guard wants to occupy when it's time for him to sleep? Have you tried other ways to interrupt them?

It's coming along nicely though, even if there is a little bit of a rush hour at bedtime. :)

SniperHF

Arcane
He'll just stand there at the bedside. I could probably add a conditional like
IF
CharacterUsedItem(_NPC,_Bed)
AND
NOT HasStatus("LYING")
THEN
FindSomeOtherBed;

Or maybe
CharacterDisplayText(_NPC,"GetOutOfMyBed");
-10Attitude, etc etc.

The problem of the bedtime rushhour was created by the charScripting not working when you are away from the area. I had a really awesome looking method of randomizing the times but you can't do that nearly as easily in Osiris.

Also the rushhour won't look so bad once I fully extend the timers, it's still a bit accelerated. Right now I have maybe 40% of my NPCs going to sleep at 11pm, another 40% at 10PM. A handful at 9PM, and another handful are night owls partying and such.

I could create some timers to vary it up a bit even more, but that's a detail I'll monkey with later. I'd rather focus on getting a third behavior in for each NPC.

Probably worth mentioning that there's a story reason a bunch of the NPCs sleep in the same room :lol:
Also across the street is the town diner/inn that has a bunch of scheduled guys as well.

The only thing I haven't decided on how to schedule is the generic guards. For now they are insomniacs.

Last edited:

SniperHF

Arcane
Attempt final playtest.........

Find even more things that work differently in game vs in editor
:rage:

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
One way or another this mod is coming out for both the regular and EE. Hopefully the EE version of the editor isn't delayed much. I strongly suspect it will break my map, but that's okay because my map is meh/crap anyway.

After I did a few of these sort of baseline schedules, I have a pretty good system down and I might make a template for them others can use after this is all done.

You do have to create more customized scripts for serious NPCS, but even that is proving pretty easy as you can take the generic NPC script and simply bolt stuff on to it.

The real slog is adding details like animations, text conversations, and testing. I'm going to do this over time, so the first release will probably just contain the two base states of awake and asleep.

I had no idea Divinity had such a robust editor.. maybe ill take a stap at it. Nice video.

SniperHF

Arcane
While I don't think it's done yet, it is pretty playable now. After fixing most of the issues I found during my last playthrough, here is the first version of my mod.

Get it here:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/dunamis-a-divinity-original-sin-mod.104172/

If anyone gives it a spin let me know what you think.

Monday I'm going to put it on the workshop/nexus and officially release it.

tl;dr version of the notes and known issues:
1. Don't use lone wolf or pet pal.
2. Killing everybody is not supported (yet!).
3. Enable full rotation, and disable dual dialogs in the options menu.
4. Rift travel works but the game doesn't do a good job telling you when waypoints are unlocked.
5. Check the Rug.
6. Save before selling or buying anything!
7. With Divinity mods, it's usually a good idea to create a new profile for the mod and keep it separate from the main game.

Notes and Installation:
Installation Instructions:
1. Locate the folder Users>Documents>YOUR USER NAME>Larian Studios>Divinity Original Sin
2. Inside the Divinity Original Sin folder, find the folder "Mods". If this folder is not here just create a folder with that name.
3. Paste the Dunamis.pak file in this folder. Do not change the name of the file.
4. Launch Divinity Original Sin, Click Mods and find Dunamis in the drop list.
5. Click Activate.

Dunamis Notes:
This is a standalone adventure mod for Divinity: Original Sin where the player finds himself in a land known as The Valley. With no knowledge of who you are, you will attempt to seek refuge at a nearby house only to find death and carnage. After escaping, you soon begin to uncover the secret plan behind all the troubles in The Valley.
In order to help make sense of everything the help of a nearby town must be enlisted. Unfortunately they too are ravaged by the same mysterious creatures you encountered earlier. On top of all this the town is currently dealing with a political battle that will shape it's future. Unite the people of The Valley, fight back against the murderous creatures, and discover the hidden truth surrounding Dunamis.

Dunamis Features:

12 Quests with 21 total solutions and 28 total results.

Varied endings based on player directed outcomes.

Dense map design.

19 specifically crafted combats featuring custom stats and scripting; all designed for challenge and not filler.

Dialog based skill checks used for alternate solutions.

Final dungeon with puzzles and choices that impact the ending.
A Day/Nice Cycle and accompanying NPC behaviors.

The first D:OS campaign I'm aware of to feature most Original Sin systems.

A game economy where you aren't drowning in loot.

A 1 player campaign with up to 2 Companions (4 available).

Have fun, and if you have any issues contact me on the Forum or message me on Steam. There are some debug options I have built in that you can use to fix things if something goes wrong.

More Detailed Notes and Stuff that I suck at / Still sucks.
Don't use Lone Wolf. I have absolutely no idea what it will do as the mod is a one PC mod. Could make it too easy, could make it ridiculously hard.

I did not include the pyramids, but did include rift travel for convenience. This is unlocked at a few points of interest on the map but it doesn't do a very good job of telling you they get unlocked. The Town is one of them so you can get back fast.

NPC schedules are still limited to basic behaviors for the most part. There are some specialized ones though like the farmers, workers, Minister Rasmus, and the Head Worker.

One of my initial goals for the mod was to have dialogs with multiple choices. Unfortunately the dialog editor is a massive pain in the ass so I had to cut this down over time.

The Day/Night Schedule will pause on all combats and dialogs.

I think I disabled dual dialogs in the editor, but in case not I recommend shutting them off in the options menu as well.

I recommended you unlock rotation in the options menu: Some of the object placement isn't great for fixed camera, because the EE is full rotation I didn't bother staying true to the fixed camera through the whole campaign.

Sorry my map sucks, it was literally built as I was learning the editor which has some severe limitations regarding changing things. You'll note that the name of my level is test1.....

About 3-4 of the 12 quests are pretty linear and lame, however the rest I did put considerable effort into using all the tools available including stat checks, item manipulation and discovery, and dialog choices. Most of those have at least 3 solutions and resolutions.

I don't think I'm a very good writer and the story is basically me pulling myself out of various corners the entire time. I began this mod as a 1 hour throwaway and just kept tacking things on. The individual quests though have pretty serious care given to them.

Didn't have time to implement Auto saves, next version will have it.

Amnesia, sorry :P

Vendors are truncated, all skill books are on one vendor, weapons another, and armor a third.

The Animations and camera work during the election sequence are placeholder.

Currently the Economy is pretty tough.

All playtesting was done on normal and the combats can be pretty challenging. A lot of them are optional.

Hand Placed Loot is on the table but I'm not ready to go crazy with it till the EE. Random only for now.

Some areas lack details and objects, again not going crazy till the EE.

The Level is named test1, I can change this but it would literally take me a month. Just gonna wait for the EE.

Known Bugs and Issues:
If you use an NPC to trade (say because he has the barter skill), sometimes the items/gold will not transfer appropriately, transfer at all, or it will transfer to the player character. Save before selling or buying anything!

NPCs looking at the player during dialog is a little janky. It works sometimes, others it doesn't. I have absolutely no idea why as I used exactly the same script as Larian did.

Currently there is only one way to trigger the big political election sequence, it's done by time at 9AM on the day/night cycle. Once this hits the Day/Night cycle will FREEZE. This is intentional and I'm just figuring out another solution.

Last edited:

Zeriel

Arcane
Hooray! I will investigate to see what a real module looks like. Thanks for posting.

Black

Arcane
It always costs 5ap to enter stealth mode, making it useless in combat.

SniperHF

Arcane
It always costs 5ap to enter stealth mode, making it useless in combat.

Ahh yes, I remember that now. I think that's hard coded but my fellow intrepid D:OS modder baardvark included a hacky fix for it in his balancing mod Scales
http://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin/mods/68/

It grants some of your AP back to you via AP recovery based on ability level. Not a perfect fix but something that would probably help.

SniperHF

Arcane
I'm getting close to releasing my first D:OS EE campaign mod.

I have a test version up here that's playable from beginning to end if you're interested in playing now:
http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=583168#Post583168

All feedback is appreciated.

Also a lot of WIP videos and screenshots and such earlier in the thread if you wanna see what the mod is about. It's not the same one I released for D:OS Classic (which was admittedly more :obviously:).

I'll probably be releasing the mod properly on the workshop/nexus next week barring the discovery of some horrible game-breaking problem.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom