Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter Update #7: Stretch goal unlocked, new stretch goals announced

Drowed

Arcane
Larian said:
1,650,000 – Dedicated mod tool support!

Oh. Like it should've been in the first D:OS, instead of a glorified map+dialogue editor? Don't know if I believe in that.

But, I do believe that the game will be good, so... I guess, good luck? I still think that they can reach almost 2mi in this, with some luck.

GrimoireFTW

Learned
lets not forget the didn't hold up their end of the bargain last game where they promised the MEGA DUNGEON LAIR BENEATH PHANTOM FOREST BLAH BLAH BLAH. bullshit. now these greedy bastards are tacking on these cheesy stretch goals, its just a fuckin cash grab, what a joke. fuck these greedy kikes. dedicated mod tool support? yeah ok what a joke. ooh a mask?? oook. ooh wow skill trees? was skill trees really a stretch goal??? and "deeper" skill trees? ALL I SEE IS CASH GRAB CASH GRAB CASH GRAB.

Murk

Arcane
anyone made a "sven finally left the closet" joke yet?

Septaryeth

Augur
Where the fuck is Avellone.

Apparently even the human stretch goal has times when he's "too stretched".

DM mode CAN be nice, IF they pull it off.

Everything else above 1.65M?

:keepmymoney:

I had my gripe with romances, but the mask sounds like a joke.
If I want to open up different dialogues available only to certain characters, be it be gender or race determined, I'll just replay the game with a different character.
Unless this opens up new plot specifically relates to your changing nature, I don't see why they need another 100k for such trivial feature.
Lone wolf mode is iron man mode. People playing under such constraints are fully aware there can be contents inaccessible to them and don't need an almighty mask to sate their completionism-ocd.

Athelas

Arcane
lets not forget the didn't hold up their end of the bargain last game where they promised the MEGA DUNGEON LAIR BENEATH PHANTOM FOREST BLAH BLAH BLAH. bullshit. now these greedy bastards are tacking on these cheesy stretch goals, its just a fuckin cash grab, what a joke. fuck these greedy kikes. dedicated mod tool support? yeah ok what a joke. ooh a mask?? oook. ooh wow skill trees? was skill trees really a stretch goal??? and "deeper" skill trees? ALL I SEE IS CASH GRAB CASH GRAB CASH GRAB.
GrimoireFTW

getter77

Augur
The goals seem ok---though I'd have liked to see more of the new skill lines weaved into at least some of them as ultimately I still can't help but want all of them to be implemented instead of only a Top 2 at the end. All of them pretty well seem in line for their hopes on making this THE P&P-esque CRPG engine that they'll likely use for years to come---though I suppose the Lone Wolf enabling Shifter mask was already hinted at in the little Q&A thing the other day. I'm less inclined to think they're biting off more than they can chew given they've already torn their hair out about the ill-fated day&night simulationist nonsense from the first game's KS adventure----though I guess even if something goes awry they have a strong enough frame and foundation to leverage it into something else of overall benefit to the game. I mean, in a better alternate universe, you just know there would've been a stretch goal for giving Kirill some sort of tremendous boost on musical equipment to wear out or something. :(

That said, if they can surpass the DM bolstering goal, I'm not sure where they can logically stretch things from there outside of another race or some such...

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
Can't wait to play solo DOS: 2: Majora's Mask.

I hope I can romance the cheese vendor daughters.

DM mode: Rock falls, everybody dies.

Day/Night Cycles of Avellone writing

I like the campfire option to wait on team mates I'll never have.

Turok

Erudite
All these stretch goals are kinda fishy, i think those skill tree and the hall of echoes was already in the game before kickstarted...

I just remove my contribution, hurry someone and get it ($25).

Last edited:

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
So what I mean is that, after all that, you'd expect them to reach the numbers of Wasteland 2/PoE kickstarters. After all, these guys have already proven that yes, they can do it. And they're even giving away enhanced edition for free (though maybe that's their miss - maybe they should've started kickstarter after it was released and the goodwill was generated). And yet, 2kk seems to be the limit here.

Well not really. Yes they have produced a decent game. However, many many people dropped playing very soon as the game's combat got boring soon. The writing was amateurish, the itemization was poor and etc. The game had it's problems, that I don't see being fixed in the sequel. So they have proven that they can produce a game and so has EA if that is good for anything.

Oh and please don't get me going on "free" enchanted editions as the games released nowadays are late alphas at best. We have enchanted wasteland 2 with aimed shots feature. Like you could have a truly strategic game without it...

Last edited:

Fairfax

Arcane
All these stretch goals are kinda fishy, i think those skill tree and the hall of echoes was already in the game before kickstarted...

I just remove my contribution, hurry someone and get it ($25).
Same.

Tao

Savant
All i wish is for a better HUD for the skills. That bar MMO style turned me off very fast in the first one.

Renfri

Cipher
Even though romances often end up being pretty bad in video games, it would be still interesting to see what kind of romances Larian would write.

Zeriel

Arcane
Well not really. Yes they have produced a decent game. However, many many people dropped playing very soon as the game's combat got boring soon. The writing was amateurish, the itemization was poor and etc. The game had it's problems, that I don't see being fixed in the sequel. So they have proven that they can produce a game and so has EA if that is good for anything.

Oh and please don't get me going on "free" enchanted editions as the games released nowadays are late alphas at best. We have enchanted wasteland 2 with aimed shots feature. Like you could have a truly strategic game without it...

"Enchanted" edition, eh? Is it +3 or +6?

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I am so outraged by all these decline changes that I've cancelled my fucking KS pledge, enough is enough! ~Because I've transferred it over to the 'dex~

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
My take is that Larian believe they let the community down with the toolset for D:OS and are willing to dump some good will into getting it right this time. DM tools is a cherry on top.

My thoughts are that Swen is very aware that if Larian nails D:OS2 they move from a studio that released a surprisingly good cRPG to established powerhouse that gives a fuck. Reaching success without compromising values or principles is what every game studio dreams of.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom