Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Divinity: Original Sin Kickstarter Reaches $400,000 - Still 16 Days To Go

Discussion in 'News & Content Feedback' started by Crooked Bee, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Crooked Bee (no longer) a wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Tags: Divinity: Original Sin; Larian Studios

As all of you hopefully know by now, the Kickstarter for Larian Studios' turn-based CRPG Divinity: Original Sin has reached its basic funding goal of $400,000 with 16 days still to go. Time to reach those sweet stretch goals!

Now that we’re funded, we’re going to make every effort we can to reach those stretch goals. We think they’d make a brilliant addition to what’s already going to be a very good RPG, so help us spread the word. Again, everything that’s invested in the game now, ensures that your gameplay experience (and modding experience) will be so much better this fall. Spread the word!

[​IMG]

The update also announces that Paypal pledges are now accepted, and that the game will be coming to Mac and Linux too. Plus there are also some new rewards (incl. a personalized in-game "message in the woods" for a mere $50), add-ons, etc. Check out the latest update in full.

• Brofist Brofist x 12
    ^ Top  
  2. Deuce Traveler Prestigious Gentleman 2012 Newfag Patron

Deuce Traveler
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    It's a shame that this team goes into greater detail over what they will actually put into the game than did the team working on the 'spiritual successor to Torment', but receives only a fraction of the excitement of that effort, despite the fact that inXile has yet to put out a good game. Richard Garriot hasn't made a good game in years, but his Shroud of the Avatar reached $2 million.

Larian Studios has done enough good with its past games and has been open enough with the community that it should have better Kickstarter success than this.

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  3. maverick Cipher Patron

maverick
    Codex 2012 MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
    I wonder what are "NPC Schedules"...

^ Top  
  4. toro Arcane

toro
    I totally agree. Perhaps they are not Obsidian or inXile, but their pitch is rock solid. And the only reason for the current situation is that both Obsidian and inXile are playing the nostalgic vibe.

People's imagination and longing for something seems to be more powerful than seeing something already implemented. Strange albeit a human trait.

^ Top  
  5. DwarvenFood Arcane Patron

DwarvenFood
    Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Donated some potatoes into the Codex fundraiser, looking forward to this !

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Koschey Arcane Patron

Koschey
    Great timing, just today I could confirm that I would be able to back D:OS after all. And I guess the Codex fundraiser could get a little love too.

^ Top  
  7. Jashiin Arcane

Jashiin
    I really hope Larian is able to get a few high exposure interviews, wtf is and let's plays and such, to spread awareness. This really deserves more pledges. Still the timing may have cost them dearly. And many people are simply broke from torment. The 25 I've pledged is 25 more than I should have and no doubt this is the case for many others. Also if you read how they haven't had a dime from div1 and all the bullshit they've had to endure it would really be a shame if they cannot create this with all the bells and whistles it deserves.

^ Top  
  8. Excidium P. banal

Self-Ejected
    It's what it means...like NPCs sleeping, doing their work, going about their life instead of just sitting in the same spot waiting for you to talk to them.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. evdk comrade troglodyte :M Patron

evdk
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    Never settle for anything less.

• Brofist Brofist x 11
    ^ Top  
  10. Hegel Arcane

Hegel
    They need more media exposure.

^ Top  
  11. Kleptocratic debt serf Educated

Kleptocratic debt serf
    ^ Definitely, in fact I'm trying to remember the various forums I've joined throughout the years, logging in and starting new or bumping existing threads in an attempt to get the word out... Sadly, one forum with 1000+ active users and 1500+ guests has only yielded a handful of responses, well at least those were positive.

-EDIT-

I know it isn't much, but what the hell. I don't use facefuck or twatter, so this it in terms of going beyond friends and family.

^ Top  
  12. Davaris Australian Game Developers Developer

Davaris
    They are doing really well. I remember at the start, when that graph looked like it was flattening out, but they managed to turn it around. I would love to be a fly on the wall in Larian right now.

^ Top  
  13. Outlander Custom Tags Are For Fags. Patron

Outlander
    Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
    It doesn't look like it'll reach 1 mil at this rate and it's a damn travesty, is what it is. Weather affecting combat sounds fucking amazing.

I couldn't pledge to the Torment KS because, as poor as we are, my wife and I are getting 2 digital copies to play Original Sin co-op. I would prefer to put down the green through the Codex fund raiser but we need those 2 copies :(

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. winterraptor Cipher

winterraptor
    Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
    Eh, they'll get there.

^ Top  
  15. felipepepe Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    1.5M strecth goal: you can bake bread.

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  16. maverick Cipher Patron

maverick
    Codex 2012 MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
    2.0M stretch goal: Richard Garriot joins the team!

^ Top  
  17. DeepOcean Arcane

DeepOcean
    2.5M and it becomes a MMO: Shroud of Divinity. 10000 pledge and you win a copy of Ultima IX and an email from Garriot saying how he is awesome!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Minttunator Arcane Patron

Minttunator
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    2.5M stretch goal: Richard Garriott leaves the team!

• Brofist Brofist x 8
    ^ Top  
  19. Angthoron Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Angthoron
    Hm, I just noticed that TotalBiscuit (Yes, I know, I know) has made a video on Larian's Original Sin and Dragon Commander about a year ago, perhaps he could be persuaded somehow to make a brief update on the subject. That would give Larian some very nice media exposure.

^ Top  
  20. MurkyShadow Glittering gem of hatred Patron

MurkyShadow
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
    Wasteland 2 and Torment:ToN is something I would not only like to see, but even to play.
    A bro Sven and the guys at Larian might be, their game(s) and pitch just doesn't 'emotionally engage' me.

^ Top  
  21. J_C One Bit Studio Patron Developer

J_C
    Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Biodrone detected!

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  22. Mangoose Arcane Patron

Mangoose
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  23. Mangoose Arcane Patron

Mangoose
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
    Except Divinity will be more similar to Torment than WL2 would be. The Divinities have been plot-centric games, similar to Torment, whereas Wasteland and the Fallouts have been more open ended and sandboxy. So to say that you are more emotionally engaged by Torment and WL2 reeks of fanboyism rather than any display of story-centric preference.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. MurkyShadow Glittering gem of hatred Patron

MurkyShadow
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
    Poor choice of words on my side, my attempt at subtle irony obviously failed.
    I don't care about Divinity. The plot/scenario doesn't interest me. Honestly,
    someone takes it serious when you type emotionally engaged. And: In apostrophes?
    The codex must have been hit harder in it's very depths than I supposed.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.