Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin Pre-Release Thread

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Yeah, it's a REALLY good character screen. And all those stats + an editor... damn, this could be so much more than what NWN was! Even I want to try and make a RPG on that editor.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
:bounce:

I'd like to know whether 'hearing' affect non-combat things. Like, eavesdropping‎ on NPCs.

jdinatale

Cipher
http://www.larian.com/kickstarter/dos_screen111013.jpg

^ that screenshot is making me rock hard in all metaphorical meanings of the expression

It's a little annoying that the equipment comparison window does not highlight (in say green and red), or otherwise indicate symbolically, which stats will improve and which stats will decrease by swapping equipment.

Call me decline or whatever, but I think it's a feature that's convenient in every RPG.

Delterius

Arcane

Arkadin

Arcane
No skills...

En7I3UZ.png

w2ITaFz.png

Stabbey

Learned
It's a little annoying that the equipment comparison window does not highlight (in say green and red), or otherwise indicate symbolically, which stats will improve and which stats will decrease by swapping equipment.

Call me decline or whatever, but I think it's a feature that's convenient in every RPG.

It's still a month away from Alpha. Two weeks ago that equipment screen looked quite a bit different. There's time to add things like that.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Even SJRPG have that. You aren't lower than Atlus or Nis are you Larian?

Stabwound

Arcane
Fuck, I just can't see this game being anything less than awesome.

By the way, Divinity 2: DC is on sale in the Humble Bundle this week. It's not the greatest game in the world, but it's pretty fun and worth a $5-$10 (or $1 if you're a cheap-ass). I'm not sure if any of the money goes to Larian rather than the publisher, but it's worth picking up for that price IMO.

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

By the way, Divinity 2: DC is on sale in the Humble Bundle this week. It's not the greatest game in the world, but it's pretty fun and worth a $5-$10 (or $1 if you're a cheap-ass). I'm not sure if any of the money goes to Larian rather than the publisher, but it's worth picking up for that price IMO.

The money goes to Larian, they own all their games now.

Renevent

Cipher
They didnt ask any of you for opinions on orcs.

I suppose that means nobody can talk about then huh?
exactly. very correct assessment of my idea, yes.

Cool, just wanted to make sure I had it right before letting you them not directly asking about it and your pointing that out doesn't mean no one can talk about it. Glad everything is cleared up now :)

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Giving your audience a list of names and saying "Okay, what do you think these stats should do?" is a dumb and terrible way of getting feedback.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

Payed more on GOG; D2DC is fun to play and reason to finally finish this game. :incline: With good writing and interesting story and setting you can almost forgive the game being total Hack a mole.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
This is kinda petty, buuuuut why is the armor value so high? If the dude does like 5-6 damage and has 20 health, why is his armor value 16? Seems weirdly high in comparison to me.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
This is kinda petty, buuuuut why is the armor value so high? If the dude does like 5-6 damage and has 20 health, why is his armor value 16? Seems weirdly high in comparison to me.
I'm predicting armor is %DR like it was in the previous Divinity games instead of flat DT. And you know how Josh Sawyer feels about DR vs DT (DR ftl if you don't).

AstroZombie

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin
I'm predicting armor is %DR like it was in the previous Divinity games instead of flat DT. And you know how Josh Sawyer feels about DR vs DT (DR ftl if you don't).

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
You do, considering you posted something in response :smug:

funkadelik

Arcane
As long as the game is fun and not a piece of shit, I am down, no matter what the systems.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom