Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Do you play more female characters or male ones, and why?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Are heterosexual men THAT freaked out seeing a guys fully clothed characters back side? It's really up to you were you are looking.

Renegen

Arcane
In games where I play many different character(like good solid RPGs) it's 50/50 or even slightly more male characters, but in games I only play once it's usually females.

Emily

Arcane
I am not freaked out, but cant really sexualy immerse myself by looking at a guy's ass xD

Gregz

Arcane
Male usually, unless the camera is behind the avatar, in which case I roll a female because:

dat+ass_6972c7_3549109.jpg
nice borked pic you got there

dammit :oops: , the perils of hotlinking

Needless to say it's a dat ass pic.

Norfleet

I go with whatever I am told will be lulziest. Worth noting is that since "male" is generally the default path, female characters tend to have slightly more content in RPGs. Someone has to acknowledge this at some point, right?

Women don't fit any of my stock names like:

-Shepard
-Sum Gai
-Dudebro
-Killing-You-Guy
-Muh-Phukka
-Sodomeister

Sometimes I'll have a token female or two for party games, but mostly it's all a sausage festival.

CorpseZeb

Learned
I did say bodysuit, didn't I? Of all people...

But of course, BDSM'sque space suits are only things that make ME playable (of some sort). Healthy portion of healthy aesthetic for healthy people. And you're right, proper space suits, are like helmets, working properly only on the proper gender. Thus making them somewhat irrelevant at the end of day. (Uhm... that sounds wrong...).

Are heterosexual men THAT freaked out seeing a guys fully clothed characters back side? It's really up to you were you are looking.

It's not about freaking out (that'll be silly indeed), but 'bout butt aesthetic. Games can be all about aesthetic, after all (e.g Dear Esther).

Ps. "Free man, takes the gender as a tool of his will and desires". Who said that?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
See i can understand if you straight guys were playing Assless Chaps: The RPG and not playing men. I would NEVER play female in that. D:

deuxhero

Arcane

Must I remind you Ramza is fully clothed in the FFT opening :twitch:

Women don't fit any of my stock names like:

-Shepard
-Sum Gai
-Dudebro
-Killing-You-Guy
-Muh-Phukka
-Sodomeister

Sometimes I'll have a token female or two for party games, but mostly it's all a sausage festival.

And I thought "Audie" wound up silly.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
I (almost) never play female characters. Sometimes even I won't play a game, because you play as a woman (Tomb Raider, Saboteur etc.).

CorpseZeb

Learned
See i can understand (...)

... and that why "we" invented word "idiosyncrasy" ;). Private games with games are hard to translate to the outside world. And that why, "RPG" MMO sucks, while "offline/private" RPG not.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane

I used to think up 'serious' names for my party based games until recently when I decided I didn't give a fuck

my last set of names

Warrior: Galarad
Cleric: Doc
Female wizard: Barbie
Male wizard: Scorcho
Thief: Stabby
Ranger: Rick Shaw

if possible though I just go with the default.

CorpseZeb

Learned
More practical is tend to name character after profession, so... warrior is Warrior, cleric is Cleric... and so on. You'll never be confused again, who the - standard name Shepard, Wilbur or Winnifred - is...

Gregz

Arcane

I used to think up 'serious' names for my party based games until recently when I decided I didn't give a fuck

my last set of names

Warrior: Galarad
Cleric: Doc
Female wizard: Barbie
Male wizard: Scorcho
Thief: Stabby
Ranger: Rick Shaw

if possible though I just go with the default.

I wish I could make this psychological adjustment. I waste 20+ minutes thinking up character names for every RPG I (re)play.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
More practical is tend to name character after profession

that has come to mind

the nicknames are probably the last vestiges of my desire to impart some measure of personalisation on my little charges, however cursory

CorpseZeb

Learned
Offtopcilly, I add, same goes for real life. More pretentious name for newborn parent gives, less attention child gets at the end. Sad but true. Statistically, at last.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
ba2fd07c.jpg

More pretentious name for newborn parent gives, less attention child gets at the end
fancy name = neglect? Citation needed, my good man

I know my diablo II sorceress Cassandra got quite some TLC, even with three syllables :M

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I find it quite surprising that no one mentionened the old male RPG cliché that most of the people first play a goody old shoes male guy, then on the second playthrough switch over to some evil collar grabbing female.
Eh, whatevs, I usually let my guts decide, I sometimes choose male, then female. Both can be equally enjoyable, though I have to be the guy who says that "omg big armar!11 xD" looks better on a male built human being.

mondblut

Arcane
Oh, this thread again.

In real RPGs, whatever gives the most plusses. I.e. in goldbox it's mandatorily a male-only party since bitches cannot be 18/00, whereas Wizardry 6-7 does not exist without a female fairy.

In bioderp-style games like Fallout, it's a blind guess of whichever is expected to get more sex. Typically bitches, as they tend to score both pussies and dicks (in nu-school bioderp-style games men tend to score both pussies and dicks as well, and that's all the more reason to stick to the bitches).

In 3-stat tombraiders, females exclusively. I've already had my share of staring upon a male ass all over my screen in Gothic, and do not long to repeat the experience. If I am forced to stare at wriggling buttocks for 50 hours, let them be female ones.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom