Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Do you think CDPR is capable of making a good game again?

Title

• Yes

• No

• They were never good to begin with(kingcomrade)

• Polish Bioware.

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Impossible for gaming company with SJW-friendly leadership and increasingly woke employees to make good game. Examples that speak for that are countless, examples that speak against it are zero. Witcher 4 can either be good or woke. CDPR is now woke company that "gives menstrual day off to menstruating people". Woke companies make woke games

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Are you nostalgia niggers FUCKING REALLY expecting from company that thinks men can menstruate to make quality cRPG with good writing? Seriously? I'm seriously asking you. C'mon man! :D:D:D

Mislim, kad ćemo prestati da zajebavamo sami sebe?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
CDPR is now woke company that "gives menstrual day off to menstruating people"
Do you mean they give mensies days off to biological females (who identify as MALES, and the company recognizes them as such, hence the word "people"), or to anyone who identifies as females and imagines mensies?

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
To everyone. CDPR's smallest problem was game engine. They are sick with SJWitism as is 90% of all urban intelligentzia in all Slavic Republics. Thanks America for brainrot plague!

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Why is anyone normal expecting anything from OwlCat and CDPR, after both companies went woke, is beyond me :D Russian zoomers are pozzed beyond belief and Polish are sunflowers that turn the way Western cultural zeitgeist moves. Urban Slavs are culturally American af. Only difference is weird obsession with Adidas & Nike clothes

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I thought that was all that was left of CDPR is sjw alphabetfagsoup, beta-cucks, simps, and manginas. They're bellowing over red alright. Let the company burn to a husk. And the witcher netflix series was a fucking snorefest. I kept falling asleep to it.

Self-Ejected

Lim-Dûl

Self-Ejected
CDPR or any other big developer is incapable of developing a good game. It's not just the SJW stuff, which is a readily visible aspect, but the underlying approach that forces them to implement irrelevant or undesirable ideas that degrade the game even before they properly begin development. No big developer managed to make a game with a sense of mystery or wonder in nearly 20 years, I'm guessing there is no room for imagination or spontaneity or joy in the highly formalized development processes these big companies follow.

jackofshadows

Magister
Don't see why not. If there's one thing this company has for sure is ambitions. The resources are still there, too. So, it's possible.

P.S. Burza made it to game designer? Shit, that's not good at all.

kangaxx

Arbiter
I thought W3 was overrated beyond all belief, and Cyberpunk was nothing more than a bang average looter shooter. Never played the first two Witchers.

Frankly I'd be very surprised if they produced anything genuinely good in the near future.

FriendlyMerchant

I only played Witcher 2+3. Didn't care much for either. Both are highly overrated. I think if I wanted Elric, the novels are better than the polish knockoff.

Definitely the latter.

Witcher 1 & 2 were both great for different reasons, but the choices which they made when developing the 3rd was as steep a decline as I've seen in a long time.

Fromsoft have shown how to do it. Get a formula, master it over the space of about 10 years and numerous games, then branch out very, very slowly into adjusting that formula when the formula needs a shake-up. CDPR on the other hand have been chasing the easy buck for for years, and have lost any type of credibility which they established long ago.
Like Call of Duty, Far Cry, and Assassin's Creed?

Falksi

Arcane
Definitely the latter.

Witcher 1 & 2 were both great for different reasons, but the choices which they made when developing the 3rd was as steep a decline as I've seen in a long time.

Fromsoft have shown how to do it. Get a formula, master it over the space of about 10 years and numerous games, then branch out very, very slowly into adjusting that formula when the formula needs a shake-up. CDPR on the other hand have been chasing the easy buck for for years, and have lost any type of credibility which they established long ago.
Like Call of Duty, Far Cry, and Assassin's Creed?

I've couldn't comment on the first two as I've not played a COD game since the 00's, or any of the latest Far Cry games either, but a resounding "Yes!" in the case of Assassins' Creed.

Their old formula had a certain enjoyability to it, but it was very lacking too. However it had it's audience and they slowly evolved that over time. Origins is by far and away the best one which I've played though, and it's taken that formula and given it another dimension. If some fans don't like it they've already got a ton of games in the old formula to fall back on instead. It's exactly how to do it.

Funposter

Arcane
Too big, no creative vision or thrust necessary to create something special. Will probably make sure not to hype up their next release as much and make sure it's more polished, but it will simply be adequate.

Humanophage

Arcane
Impossible for gaming company with SJW-friendly leadership and increasingly woke employees to make good game. Examples that speak for that are countless, examples that speak against it are zero. Witcher 4 can either be good or woke. CDPR is now woke company that "gives menstrual day off to menstruating people". Woke companies make woke games
There are a couple:
Caves of Qud
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

donjn

Educated
I liked Witcher 3 (barely). Got sick of the woman singing in EVERY FUCKING FIGHT and me spinning and dancing when swinging the sword during the music. Not sure why it never became a meme.
I like what Cyberpunk 2077 WANTS to be.

So to answer your question...maybe.

I just hate woke SJW shit.

snoek

Cipher
I'd say no:
- They're known for low pay and brutal crunch.
- They're located in Poland (not very attractive for most people, also they were alone before but now got lots of competition locally).
- They suffered a huge braindrain after messing up the whole Cyberpunk project.

It's safe to assume CDPR will take years to recover, if it ever happens ..

Ravielsk

Magister
No, simply because of the level of expectation they now have to meet. Even if they were not infested with urbanite trash they still could not make a game that would be accepted as "good" or "great" because the failure of Cyberpunk simply siphoned away any goodwill they had and therefore their next game would be judged on its actual merits and not on hype like the Witcher games were. You need to understand that Witcher 2 and 3 are extremely flawed games that were insanely overhyped back in the day. They are not bad games but the perfect 10/10 they were getting were mostly hot air. This applies especially in the case of Witcher 2 which has an absolutely dogshit combat system with hitboxes that makes Dark Souls 2 look positively flawless and Witcher 3 was a hot mess of contradictory design and story ideas that is only really redeemed by its DLC(both of which are significantly better than the base game). And the failure of Cyberpunk made people realize this so simply putting out another Witcher 3 is not going to be enough because there would be no more cheerleaders to cover up all the obvious fuck ups.

On top of that their current silence is not helping because if they are working on some shit-headed idea like a "female witcher game" they have no idea how popular or despised it might be. So imagine them now wasting another 5+ years developing a game that could(and considering the current change in the cultural wind most likely "would") be rejected on based on the premise alone. Hell, if anything the silence exposes that the leadership is positively retarded because absolute silence might be the opposite of overhyping(more like lying in the case CP2077 but whatever) but it does not have the opposite effect.

If I were them I would focus on managing GoG and solidifying their position on the market before they start burning another couple hundred million on a game they have no idea how to make.

jf8350143

Liturgist
I don't really see the point of making another Witcher game, other than "people like the franchise so it will make more money", and that mind set is the symbol of a develpoer losing its touch and won't be able to make good games anymore.

Lucumo

Educated
If I were them I would focus on managing GoG and solidifying their position on the market before they start burning another couple hundred million on a game they have no idea how to make.
But they have really been messing up GOG in the last couple of years though. The website has become worse and worse, even broken for some people. Their DRM-free stance is going away. They fired some employee about some Twitter nonsense. Fair-pricing-policy went away. They are pushing their garbage client. The forum is still utter trash. When I first registered there and had my honeymoon period with them, I bought a couple of hundred games. Eventually, as things turned more and more shit, I stopped buying and essentially abandoned their platform. (Even thought about just outright deleting my account due to their bs war policy of blocking Russians from buying stuff there. And as we all know, they generally have the best taste when it comes to gaming.)

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Without good, competent, highly skilled leadership with precise vision and talent for both working with things and people, nothing good can be made. Nothing

Amount of just terrrrrrrible, lousy, incompetent middle managers and high managers I see in every industry is ASTOUDING. I can't help but wonder WHAT, no really, exactly what do these people do that earns them their salaries?! Biggest mystery in galaxy. I doubt there is single good manager in entire CDPR

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I can only repeat myself:
Slavs will drop all the pretense of being based the instant they smell money. So no, CDPR died of its own success and is now little more than Polish Bioware.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
That much is true. Urban Slavs desperately want to be Westerns and are biggest copy-cats of Western trends. Like Weaboos' sick love for Japan, Urban Slavs jerk off to the McDonalds, Netflix and LGBT Flag. In the 80s it was jerking on Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jeans and ApplePie. The more Westernized they act in Slavic societies, the more higher class they believe to be. Most Slavs are 3-5 years behind West in their mental and spiritual free fall

This is not exaggeration. This is first-hand assessment

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom