Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Does Bioware think we're all gay?

denizsi

Arcane
Bioware is promoting islamist oppression of women with Tali!

Project: Eternity
The Quarians really do seem like Space Persians with their accents and the way they all wear Space Burqas.

Also, DAT ASS
taliwallpaper.jpg

Alexandros said:
So I was sitting around with nothing to do and I started thinking about recent RPGs and their attitude towards sexuality. Then it hit me: While Mass Effect 2 is devoid of any gay undertones,Shepard is all macho and bangs anything with a vagina, Dragon Age has gay sex between men! Bioware said that Mass Effect 2 is mainly targeted at the console demographic, while Dragon Age was supposed to be a PC-oriented game (I said "supposed", nobody quote that and lol).

So this begs the question: Does Bioware think that PC gamers are a bunch of fat homos, while Xbox gamers are all manly and cool?
More importantly, are they right?

Please answer truthfully. There will be no shame.

Putting aside the half-repressed teenage homophobia in your post, it's an incline if true. Presumably they correctly believe that PC gamers are, on average, older and better educated, and are less likely to be homophobes. However, the fact that they see that as a necessary pre-requisite for recognising the 15% of the market that are gay is pure fucking cowardice. If they're serious about not excluding gays, then they should do so in their console products as well, and let little Johnny Homophobe go screaming to his mommy if it hurts his poor little brain.

Pliskin

Arbiter
Luzur said:
KalosKagathos said:

...cant be that, not exactly child-bearing hips on her.

I'd say, from the splay of the hips, and the reverse bend of the knees, that Quarian females are designed for ease / depth of (prolonged) squatting --- ergo, they are egg-layers.

Space Gypsy Persian Platypussies.

DraQ

Arcane
Azrael the cat said:
Alexandros said:
So I was sitting around with nothing to do and I started thinking about recent RPGs and their attitude towards sexuality. Then it hit me: While Mass Effect 2 is devoid of any gay undertones,Shepard is all macho and bangs anything with a vagina, Dragon Age has gay sex between men! Bioware said that Mass Effect 2 is mainly targeted at the console demographic, while Dragon Age was supposed to be a PC-oriented game (I said "supposed", nobody quote that and lol).

So this begs the question: Does Bioware think that PC gamers are a bunch of fat homos, while Xbox gamers are all manly and cool?

Please answer truthfully. There will be no shame.

Putting aside the half-repressed teenage homophobia in your post, it's an incline if true. Presumably they correctly believe that PC gamers are, on average, older and better educated, and are less likely to be homophobes. However, the fact that they see that as a necessary pre-requisite for recognising the 15% of the market that are gay is pure fucking cowardice. If they're serious about not excluding gays, then they should do so in their console products as well, and let little Johnny Homophobe go screaming to his mommy if it hurts his poor little brain.

Wait, your post can't be summed up as "lol gayfaggots herp derp".
Am I still on the Codex?
What's going on?
I am confuse.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Azrael the cat said:
Presumably they correctly believe that PC gamers are, on average, older and better educated, and are less likely to be homophobes. However, the fact that they see that as a necessary pre-requisite for recognising the 15% of the market that are gay is pure fucking cowardice. If they're serious about not excluding gays, then they should do so in their console products as well, and let little Johnny Homophobe go screaming to his mommy if it hurts his poor little brain.

applaude.jpg

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Azrael the cat said:

You're too sane for the Codex.

DraQ

Arcane
Lesifoere said:
Azrael the cat said:

You're too sane for the Codex which consists mostly of little Johnnies Homophobes.
Fix'd. :smug:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
" average, older and better educated, and are less likely to be homophobes. "

What's funny is that it's the older geneations thatb tend to be more homophobic. LMFAO

That's why games like JE, and DA (or even TOEE) wouldn't have been able to be mainstream games in the old days. FFS

Lesifoere

Liturgist
DraQ said:
Lesifoere said:
Azrael the cat said:

You're too sane for the Codex which consists mostly of little Johnnies Homophobes.
Fix'd. :smug:

I was trying to be tactful.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Alexandros said:
Bioware games have a shitload of female fans who love masturbating to yaoi.

Achilles

Arcane
thesheeep said:
Azrael the cat said:
Presumably they correctly believe that PC gamers are, on average, older and better educated, and are less likely to be homophobes. However, the fact that they see that as a necessary pre-requisite for recognising the 15% of the market that are gay is pure fucking cowardice. If they're serious about not excluding gays, then they should do so in their console products as well, and let little Johnny Homophobe go screaming to his mommy if it hurts his poor little brain.

applaude.jpg

So this is what it has come to. A bunch of gaylords calling everyone else a homophobe. If I wanted that kind of shit I would watch television.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Alexandros said:
thesheeep said:
Azrael the cat said:

applaude.jpg

So this is what it has come to. A bunch of gaylords calling everyone else a homophobe. If I wanted that kind of shit I would watch television.

Your aversion towards homosexuals stems from your inner lust for manly love. Release the bonds on your feelings and you will live in a happy world of Twillight novels and pink sweaters for the rest of your life!

bhlaab

Erudite
No, I think it's more that they think xbox players are extremely misogynist and homophobic

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Most Greeks are currently bashing everything failing to realize that they lived beyond their means for the last decades.
Don't blame him, it's just what they are up to in these times :)

Achilles

Arcane
I resent that. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go yachting :smug:

Grunker said:
Your aversion towards homosexuals stems from your inner lust for manly love. Release the bonds on your feelings and you will live in a happy world of Twillight novels and pink sweaters for the rest of your life!

Your words speak of people I hate but... they are also confusing. Could they be... true? I have some inner searching to do, brb.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
So what is it with the homophilia codex?

This place is pretty relaxed about racism, antisemitism, pics of tortured kitties...
But as soon as you make fun of homosexuals or claim that homopropaganda is bad for society everone will call you out on it with typical responses like "What?! You don't like gays? Didn't you know that every homophobe is a closet fag himself?".

Even posters who are otherwise pretty non PC participate in that. Not saying it's wrong, but why does the 'dex care so much about defending fags?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom