Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Does Bioware think we're all gay?

Melcar

Arcane
Because The Codex is full of fags.

Cassidy

Arcane
Considering the amount of trannies that came out of the closet or were uncovered in the last 2 years, I'm not surprised about such reaction.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It is the meme. The codex is all about memes. Even if i'm not a racist, and i don't give a shit when a bunch of idiots pile on the generalization train, but that is the meme.

Besides many people think that leaves more sexual opportunities for them, at no great cost to much of anything.

Kaanyrvhok

Arbiter
Azrael the cat said:
Putting aside the half-repressed teenage homophobia in your post, it's an incline if true. Presumably they correctly believe that PC gamers are, on average, older and better educated, and are less likely to be homophobes. However, the fact that they see that as a necessary pre-requisite for recognising the 15% of the market that are gay is pure fucking cowardice. If they're serious about not excluding gays, then they should do so in their console products as well, and let little Johnny Homophobe go screaming to his mommy if it hurts his poor little brain.

There is no evidence that bigotry, nationalism, or homophobia has ever hurt game sells in the US. Japan is another matter.

In Japan race matters...

Crackdown in the US.
crackdown.jpg

Japan
1215496-riotact_super.jpg

Dragon Age and ME 2 both sold 1.5 mill on the Xbox. The best selling GTA game had a black protagonist. Have you ever heard of Fable? Jesus you can buy dick in Fable. A male character can buy multiple dicks. That game sold 2 million more cops than ME 2 and DA. There is no logical reason to believe that Bioware pulled homo sex from ME 2 for the sake of their target audience. DA and ME 2 had the same target audiance.

I don't really buy into the idea that having gay sex in a game makes it more mature. Also I doubt that exploring ones sexuality in a poor mans dating sim by having gay sex with an elf is a hallmark of maturity.

But then, maybe it is. The :decline: of people does no longer surprise me. :ukrainiandisease:

starfish

Novice
Pliskin said:
Luzur said:
KalosKagathos said:

...cant be that, not exactly child-bearing hips on her.

I'd say, from the splay of the hips, and the reverse bend of the knees, that Quarian females are designed for ease / depth of (prolonged) squatting --- ergo, they are egg-layers.

Space Gypsy Persian Platypussies.

She could totally be the space-gypsy Octo-mom.

1zzrihj.gif

Luzur

Good Sir
TalesfromtheCrypt said:
So what is it with the homophilia codex?

This place is pretty relaxed about racism, antisemitism, pics of tortured kitties...
But as soon as you make fun of homosexuals or claim that homopropaganda is bad for society everone will call you out on it with typical responses like "What?! You don't like gays? Didn't you know that every homophobe is a closet fag himself?".

Even posters who are otherwise pretty non PC participate in that. Not saying it's wrong, but why does the 'dex care so much about defending fags?

homopropaganda is bad for society.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom