Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions 4 Play By Email - Game Complete!

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Yeah, 24hr timer should be set until about mid-way through the second year, or after turn ~20.

Mraston

Learned
LpOJrct.jpg

It's set to 24 hours. I also noticed Llamaserver's weird interpretation of 24 hours, but assumed it was something to do with the first turn? Maybe there's some sort of confusion in Llama server with time zones...

If Chelms doesn't have their turn in, in 8 hours then I will force host and ensure that the next turn is due in 24 hours.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I think Llamaserver advanced all the games by 12-24hr or something because it wasn't updating for a while. At least my other games were also "delayed". Sometimes it will do that if there are server issues. Also, there's no need to force host, in a couple hours it will be too late for Chelms, and the turn will automatically be resolved and sent.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
So....it looks like Chelms might be missing another turn. It's not HORRIBLE in the beginning, but it's certainly not good. Unless somebody can get ahold of said player, or find a replacement, we should set the nation to A.I. That would at least provide some sort of counter(albeit a bad one) to anyone in their region.

Mraston

Learned
That's annoying.

Yo Chelms, you have 1 turn before I set you AI!

Also, any newcomers to the thread who missed out on signing up for the game may take their place.

Edit: Chelms is AI now.

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Is there a way to turn OFF score graphs now that the game has started? Kind of a big deal for MP games, and makes some spells obsolete.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Is there a way to turn OFF score graphs now that the game has started? Kind of a big deal for MP games, and makes some spells obsolete.

The score Tables on llamaserver are even worse. Who knows, maybe someone could find interesting that Ragha and Caelum both lead the province count number (and of course, their rate of expansion turn par turn), or the precise data upon magic research (Hi, Bogarus. Nice research. That awake pretender should be a nice asset), gem count and the precise numbers about gold income and even soldiers.

All interesting and good to make observations and try to derive conclusions about Pretender Chassis and game styles.

Of course, if the majority is willing to take them down, the game will be more interesting. We should have discussed this before, though.

Mraston

Learned
I can't see an option to turn them off in Llama server admin options.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Yeah, it's fine. Less important in a free for all anyways. And on that note, do people want to PM each other for diplomacy? Is there going to be any?

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Yeah, a tree branch almost had its way with my car. No worries on not getting the extension in, btw, it was a rather late request.

Zibniyat

Arcane
Can we have a list of players with their nations in the OP? In case one wants to contact another via PM.

Zibniyat

Arcane
Yeah, I think I'll just browse through the first 3 pages of this thread and note every one of you in my text file (for Dom 4 MP games).

Mraston

Learned
Yeah, I think I'll just browse through the first 3 pages of this thread and note every one of you in my text file (for Dom 4 MP games).

Post the list once you get it together and I will repost it in the OP. Cheers!

Zibniyat

Arcane
Abysia - Mraston
Atlantis - Dayyālu
Caelum - Anhur
Lemuria (aka Unexpected Nation) - raw
Midgard - Berekän
Ragha - KoolNoodles

Only missing C'tis and Bogarus. Who are those two?

KCR

Literate
Sorry I read the thread but I didn't make an account until you asked who I was.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom